Pony Problems

Pony Problems

A Story by ChibiKong

The term Brony is a word that describes a male that likes My Little Pony. Pegasister is a female that likes My Little Pony. I knew about these social events. I thought they were weird and creepy until on sheqel day. I was with my daughter shopping downtown. She was 16 and I thought she had grown out of all her childish antics. We passed by an antiques store with a My Little Pony doll. My daughter freak out. Her face pressed up against the store window.

“Daddy! Daddy! It’s a generation 4 My Little Pony Pinkie Pie doll! Can I have it? PLEASE!” She said jumping for joy. I bought the doll for her. It was a little weird, but she’s a girl so it’s okey. Right?

About two weeks later my daughter came to me and told me , her pony doll was talking to her. I had completely forgot about the doll I bought for her. I found it rather odd that she would be telling me that her doll was talking to her. She had a very vivid imagination but she was 16 not 5. I still brushed it off. Even Though she was 16 she was a weird kid.

The next day will she was at school, I sat at my desk in the livingroom, working with the game on in the background.

“This chart is all wrong,” I said to myself. My chart for the company's income was all backwards.

“You’ve got a real problem all right, and a banjo is the only answer!” I heard a high pitch voice come from the other room.

“What?”

“Hold on a second! Eternal chaos come with chocolate rain, guys! Chocolate rain!

I got up from my chair. Where was this noise coming from? I searched the entire living room, and the entire bottom floor.

“Cross my heart, hope to fly,stick a cupcake in my eye,” I heard from my daughter's room. I whent to open her door, then stopped. The last time I was in her room she almost killed me.

“You look like you'd be good at eating cupcakes!” The voice came from her room once more. I opened the door. To my surprise her room was decked out in My Little Pony posters and merchandise. What was this. My Little Pony was for little girls right? The Pinkie Pie doll sat on the bed. The speaking was coming from her. Next to the doll sat a pitcher of her boyfriend Kevin dressed up as a pony.

“This is wrong, and creepy. Why would my daughter like this? Why would her boyfriend like this?” I thought to myself. I waited for my daughter to come home, to confront her about this pony problem. Thinking about every question I would ask, and how wrong this was. To be so obsessed with a little girls T.V. show. Dating a guy that was so obsessed with a little girls T.V. show.

My daughter walked into the house and sat on the couch. I approached her.

“What's wrong with you?” I asked accusingly.

“What?”

“Why do you have all that pony stuff in your room? This is wrong! That show is for little girls!”

“What are you talking about dad?”

“I whent into your room. I saw all that weird stuff. I know ur boyfriend is into it. How could you like somebody that is perverted enough to watch this!?!”

“There's nothing wrong with it dad!” She shouted staning up, her hand clenched in fist.

“YES IT IS!” I argued back.

“WHATS SO WRONG WITH IT DAD!?! WHAT MAKES IT SO BAD!?!” she stormed out of the room.Her question lingered in my head. She was right what was so wrong about it.

I put the fight we had in the back of my head. Then one day she came to me.

“Dad I want to go to Bronycon.”

“What’s that?”

“It’s a convention for My Little Pony fans,” She responded

“I don’t know. I don’t really know about this weird pony fandom.”

“Well you could learn.” She was 100% right I could and I would.

It took myself a lot of convincing but the next day I got on the internet and watched episode one. It really wasnt that bad at all. The characters had a real personality, and the plot was ligeniment. The first episode ended in a cliffhanger. I had to watch the next episode for closer. The second episode was over and I found myself watching the next episode. As I watched, I was able to place the quotes the doll had said. Befor I knew it I had watched all of season one all 26 episodes. I was thoroughly entertained, but it was weird. I felt like some how I gave up all my manhood for like this girls show.

I expressed my feelings to my daughter. She laughs at me and said,

“You're not alone daddy.” I had treated her like a freak. I started to watch the show with my daughter. She showed me sites that I could go to, to interact with other bronies.  I had made an abundance of friends. Then Bronycon came. My daughter and I went together along with her boyfriend. I met up with all my friends I had met online. I have never felt so loved by so many people befor. Bronycon was where I met my new wife. Throw it all I could say was, I’m proud to be a brony.

© 2014 ChibiKong


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

138 Views
Added on May 22, 2014
Last Updated on May 22, 2014

Author

ChibiKong
ChibiKong

Alliance, OH



About
I like to write, but im a bad speller so pleas forgive me if i miss spell things :'( more..

Writing
The Barkers The Barkers

A Story by ChibiKong