My Prayer

My Prayer

A Poem by T. L. O'Neal
"

I wrote this early one morning before the sun came up and was in a peaceful state of mind.

"

My Prayer

Written by: T. L. O’Neal

 

We ask you Lord to bless the tired and weak

And to honor the spiritual and the meek

 

Heal the sick and the old

Look after the hungry and the cold

 

Help the poor to afford to live

And give people the compassion to forgive

 

Show the way to those that’s lost

Take away their anguish at any cost

 

Help us to be strong and on our feet

For one day it’s you that we’ll meet

 

Help those whose spirit is broken

Open up the skies and show them heaven

 

Help those with pain in so many ways

Bring them joy to live and obey

 

Help us who’s afraid of the dark

To light our way through life’s spiritual park

 

Help us to love one another

To accept each other as our brother

 

Help us spread your love around

And pick them up when they’re down

 

Help those who cannot see

Open their eyes for they can be free

 

God love us one and all

From the short to the very tall

 

With this Lord we do pray

Bless us with another day

Amen

 

© 2008 T. L. O'Neal


Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

though i'm not religious i found waht you were saying, i'm almost all of those people, so i guess i need prayin!


but seriously this is good, how do you think people's poems become authorized creeds, ya know things people pray as standards they were probably poems before that, i never figured it out


anyway good poem/prayer

Posted 17 Years Ago


22 of 22 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

almost hypnotic. There surly is something to be said for that early morning state of mind. The most flexible your mind will be all day.

Posted 17 Years Ago


27 of 30 people found this review constructive.

Very peaceful poem. It definatly reads just like a prayer... It reminds me of something out of psalms. Obviously a poem, but rich with spiritual feeling (and teaching).

I came across this poem when I was checking out the "Something Positive Contest". Just thought I better let you know (as you are a finalist in that contest's voting) . . . Let you know that you've got 2 grammatic errors in this piece, specifically - subject/verb agreement.

This is such a lovely poem. You should tweak those 2 spots so that they are grammatically correct . . . Good luck in the contest! And thank you for providing this great poem to Writer's Cafe.

Adam

* * *

"Show the way to those that�s lost = to those that are lost, right now says 'that is'
Take away their anguish at any cost


Help us who�s afraid of the dark = Help us who are, right now says 'who is'
To light our way through life�s spiritual park"

* * *

Good work! Just fix those little problems :-)

Posted 17 Years Ago


26 of 31 people found this review constructive.

And give people the compassion to forgive

Beautiful line and something great to pray for.

A poetic prayer.
Wonderful idea.
I enjoyed it.

Posted 17 Years Ago


28 of 31 people found this review constructive.

Help us who�s afraid of the dark
To light our way through life�s spiritual park

My favorites of many beautuful lines. This reminds me of the hymns we'd sing when I went to church many years ago.

Posted 17 Years Ago


30 of 33 people found this review constructive.

This is a beautiful prayer, hats of to you for a excellent write!

Posted 17 Years Ago


29 of 32 people found this review constructive.

Very nice! This is a very pretty poem and I enjoyed reading it very much. I'm not a religious person, more spiritual. But this was very touching and I thought I would mention that to you.

Posted 17 Years Ago


29 of 32 people found this review constructive.

God demonstrates his own love for us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Who will separate us from the love of Christ? Will trouble, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or danger, or sword? No, no height, nor depth, nor anything else in creation will be able to separate us from the love of God in Christ Jesus our Lord. For the love of Christ controls us, since we have concluded this, that Christ died for all; therefore all have died. Now I urge you, brothers and sisters, through our Lord Jesus Christ and through the love of the Spirit, to join fervently with me in prayer to God on his behalf. My love be with all of you in Christ Jesus. For he chose us in Christ before the foundation of the world that we may be holy and unblemished in his sight in love that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith, so that, because you have been rooted and grounded in love, and thus to know the love of Christ that surpasses knowledge, so that you may be filled up to all the fullness of God.

Amen. :)

Posted 17 Years Ago


29 of 33 people found this review constructive.

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
JlB
Amen to that.

I do enjoy your peaceful and serene mornings. This reminds me of when I was younger and I would go to church aroudn this time (6:30) with the birds chirping delightfully, as they are now.

I enjoyed the read

jlb

Posted 17 Years Ago


30 of 34 people found this review constructive.

Terry, this should be elegantly lettered, beautifully matted and framed, and hung on a million walls. This is what the love of Christ is about: thinking of others in need and only then, after all the dire needs have been petitioned for, asking for the blessing of another day for all. A perfect example of selfless love expressed in prayer.

God bless you, brother.

~~Siobhan~~

Posted 17 Years Ago


33 of 36 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

2904 Views
146 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on February 15, 2008

Author

T. L. O'Neal
T. L. O'Neal

In the sticks, NC



About
I started writing as a way to work out my feelings and found that I enjoyed it very much. I enjoy humor and feel that you can find it in most things, even though it may be hard to find at the moment. .. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..