Chapter 7

Chapter 7

A Chapter by Chris Parker

   “Please Jorge please! No!” A gun was pulled from his back pocket and it was pointed straight at mom. Pop! A shot, then a blood-curtailing cry filled the air surrounding me. That feeling of drowning returned except this time I was swimming in blood. The salty liquid filled my throat, suffocating me. Black filled my vision until fire illuminated me. I saw the cocked pistol aimed at me. Jorge’s finger on the trigger ready to fire. A shrill buzzing awoke me from my nightmare. A cold sweat covered my forehead and my heart was beating into my ribcage. Terror surged through me. I’d been having the same nightmare since I was seven and dad had shot mom in the leg. But somehow it had managed to frighten me more the usual. Shaking away the feeling of extreme, over-powering anxiety building in me I dressed and readied for school.

   “You know I’m probably going to be dead next time you come up here.” Callie’s voice was horse and raspy. Just a couple of hours ago the medical team had placed a feeding tube in her stomach. She was too weak to eat. Too weak to even sit up. She had a smile on her face as she said this. “Why are you smiling?” Callie had been so confusing for the last couple of days, as the doctors hyped her up on more and more painkillers. A single tear rolled down her thin, pale face she swiped at it angrily. “I’m going to die soon and you here for me. You’ve never left me. Even my own parents left me.” It was true. We had found out only yesterday that Callie’s house had been sold and her parents moved with no forwarding address. “Aphrodite I love you. You’re the best friend a girl could have.” The strain had weakened her even more and soon she was fast asleep.

    I sat crying into Callie’s now frozen fingers. They had left the body so I could say my final good-bye. When I left last night she was telling me the only way she knew how that it was her last night here. She knew it was her final moments with me. She had died early this morning. After multiple tries to resuscitate her they pronounced her as dead. “I didn’t even get a chance to say good-bye.” I whispered to myself. Tears sank through her bed as I held on tight. Hoping that somewhere, wherever she may be, she knew I miss her.

   The funeral was short and sweet. I was the one standing, weeping silently over the coffin receiving “Sorry” and “She’s in a better place.” Murmurs from classmates and relatives who I knew didn’t actually give a damn that Callie was dead. At least they’d come. Her parents hadn’t even bothered to show up for her funeral. Probably didn’t even know she was dead. Robin stood behind me passing out tissues. And now as I looked down at my best friend’s lifeless body I knew that I too was soon going to hit the bumpy road of life or death.



© 2010 Chris Parker


Author's Note

Chris Parker
If any grammer please tell me so i can fix it!!

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

186 Views
Added on November 5, 2009
Last Updated on January 28, 2010


Author

Chris Parker
Chris Parker

Dunn, NC



About
Im writing sad depressing things now a days so dont come looking for happy! more..

Writing
Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by Chris Parker


Chapter 2 Chapter 2

A Chapter by Chris Parker