Chapter 8

Chapter 8

A Chapter by Chris Parker

   A new bruise covered my eye, and a scratch in desperate need of stitches burned as foundation seeped into it. I was still recovering from a battle with Jorge that had happened only hours earlier. For no apparent reason. I was dressed in my best skirt and top . The results of losing a loved one still clear on my face. Pulling a box of condoms from my hideout under the sink, I grabbed my keys and started off towards Robin’s house.

   I pulled up to Robin’s house. He was perched in his little white porch swing. Parking my Honda I carefully got out. Walking towards Robin. He looked up at me and for once I saw something in his emotionless green eyes. Sadness. “Hey baby what’s wrong?” He took my hands in his and sat me down next to him on the dirty white swing. “Aphrodite. I love you.” The words startled me a break-up apparent. He sucked in a deep breathe. “Aphrodite I know what your father does to you.” I looked at him in confusion. Nobody knew that Jorge hit me except Callie and she was six feet under. Reading the expression on my face, he quickly answered. “Callie told me to take care of you when she died. She told me all about Jorge and your mom.” He reached over a took me by the shoulders. “You need to call the police.” “Police? What? No!” I jumped up rocking the swing.” “Aphrodite listen. You should call the police. You could be in serious danger its what’s best.” He cupped my chin in his hands, rubbing his thumb across a bruise covered in make-up. “No.” I practically spit the word at him. Jerking my face out of his hands I rushed down the steps.

   Twenty minutes later I was at the David City Graveyard. I crouched in front of a grave I knew so well. Mom’s name, Grace Form, was printed across the granite surface. Face in my hands I cried. Lightning brightened up the sky and thunder roared like an angry lion. “Mom I wish you were here to save me.” Hair and clothes soaked I trudged back to my tiny green Honda.



© 2010 Chris Parker


Author's Note

Chris Parker
If any grammer please tell me so I can fix it!!

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

154 Views
Added on November 5, 2009
Last Updated on January 28, 2010


Author

Chris Parker
Chris Parker

Dunn, NC



About
Im writing sad depressing things now a days so dont come looking for happy! more..

Writing
Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by Chris Parker


Chapter 2 Chapter 2

A Chapter by Chris Parker