Chapter the Third

Chapter the Third

A Chapter by Chryiss

“Mira!”


I swiveled my head at the now so familiar voice that was Kade.

“Yes?” I tilted my head as he approached me.

“Let’s go to the movies today,” he said with a grin.

I beamed and bobbed my head in response. I never thought for a second that the guy I so once disdained I was beginning to have feelings for.

“Any movie you want in particular, dollie?”

Heck, I even didn’t mind his nickname for me! This is so unlike the past me.


“Anything is fine,” I smiled warmly.

A light rose tint enveloped onto his cheeks and he looked away, running his fingers through his hair.

“Oh, okay then,” he mumbled sheepishly, glancing out from the corner of his eyes.

I demurely took his hand unto mine and queried softly, “Shall we go now?”

The blush deepened, but then he reverted to his teasing side, saying, “Are the bad boy’s ways rubbing off on you?”

I waved him off and responded lightheartedly, “No way! I have a free now.”

He chuckled and replied, “So you’re telling me to skip classes? Who’s the naughty one now?”

I softly jabbed his arm. “Like you don’t always.”

He leant forward and clasped my arm, whispering huskily, “Only if you’re not there.”

The color rose in me too as I hastily replied, “Perhaps we should actually get to class.”


A devilish grin arose on his face and he swept me up in his arms.

Utterly off guard, I kicked futilely in the air, but he held me bridal style.

“K-Kade,” I stuttered, hiding my face with my hair, “This is school.”

He bent his head and whispered seductively, “All the better because you’re mine.”

Suddenly I became quite averse to the notion of movies and squirmed in his hold. However, he held me fast and dumped me in a... car?!


I scrutinized my surroundings. Plushy leather seats, scattered shards of paper, and an aroma of new car. I peered up at him daftly.

“Like the new ride?” he grinned, getting into the driver’s seat.

“But where did this,” I peeped out the rear window, “Cadillac come from?”

“Father,” he divulged, starting up the black vehicle.

I took note of where I was deposited and inquired, “Why exactly am I in the back seat?”


~


Hollywood lights greeted us from the billboard as we entered the vicinity of the theater, flashing yellowed white against a black background and chalky, uppercase letters. The lot was already surging with pedestrians and searching cars alike, all with the idea of movies on their minds.

“I didn’t realized it would be crowded at this time of the day,” I gaped surprisedly out the glass.

I see him nod as he replied, “That was why I wanted to get over here quickly.”


Once we find a spot he opens my passenger door and lets me out like a gentleman to a lady. I was about to make a teasing remark when I noticed the title of a particular movie. Like a small child I ran to the entrance and swung the heavy metal door aside, literally jumping inside and leaving baffled Kade behind. 


“Here you are, let’s go!” I cried buoyantly and assaulted him with a ticket.

“But how’d you-?” he sputtered, taking in the already bought tickets and bag of popcorn.

I gave a charming smile and answered, “I have my ways.” And gestured over to a movie employee who winked back with a wave.

Shocked, he started to advance towards the guy, but I tugged his sleeve to impede him. After discharging a few lethal glares he complied and followed in my wake.


We settled down into some seats at the centre of the audience as the overhead lights began to dim, and the sloped walkways flickered into brightened existence. The commercials came and went and the title soon materialized before us. Even in the dark I could see Kade’s monotonous expression as he read the screen.


The Great Gatsby?” he said drearily.

I shushed him and whispered in his ear, “I’ve read the book; it’s better than you think.”

As I shifted back into my seat I swore I saw him shiver a bit. Strange. We’re only in a- Wait. A movie theater...

I revolved my head sideways like a robot. He better not get any ideas...

But his face is impassive as he stares at the screen. I let out a silent sigh of relief. Nothing yet.




~It’s A Beautiful Day~




I flicked the last remaining tears leaking from my eyes as we walked out the cinema.

“Even though I know the story,” I sniffed, “That was so sad!” I brandished my hands in the air for added effect.

He peered from the corners of his eyes at me.

“Yeah,” he contrived a reply.

I sighed and poked his arm. “What’s amiss with you?”

He shook his vermillion mane and directed his gaze towards me.

“I’m just happy we’re together,” he said quietly with a soft smile.


Flushing, I managed to peep out, “Yeah.”

He edged nearer though we were already bumping into each other from our closeness. Brushing a loose strand from my eyes he fondled my face. We gazed into each other’s depths, losing ourselves in the tenderness that radiated in our eyes.


His hand slipped to the back of my head, and his face glided forward, angling itself to contour to mine. His lips hit me like a smoldering shockwave, sending tremors down my spine and throughout my body. My arms interlaced around his neck while he propelled me closer with his hand on my waist. After what seemed like hours, but what was probably only minutes, our lips separated and we stared at each other with our arms still enfolded around each other.


I giggled and let my arms slide down as he smiled and withdrew his hand from my hair and waist.

“How was that, dollie?” he asked benevolently, a slight gleam to his eyes.

“Just perfect,” I breathed and turned around to walk to the car.

His eyes suddenly widened, and I heard him yell what seemed a whisper. His hand reached out and seized me, launching me forward on to the ground.

“What’re you-” I started to say amidst all this before I saw the glaring lights of an oncoming van.

My breath eluded me as Kade’s body collided into mine.


~


My lids fluttered hazily open. There seemed to be a heavy weight on me. I craned my body as my eyes made out the body in front of me.

A small gasp escaped from my throat.

“K-Kade?” I whispered hoarsely through my hands.

His eyes flitted open towards mine.

“Hey, dollie,” he murmured weakly before his head drooped into my lap.

Kade!


Time seemed to descend into slow motion as the van’s driver called the ambulance and he was strewn across a stretcher into the vehicle. Somehow they didn’t mind me staying with him during the tear-filled ride to the hospital.


As I cupped his hand into mine I leaned against the side of his bed, my body heaving from unspilled dry tears. I lifted his hand up and kissed it, placing it beside my cheek.


“Please,” I implored, “Don’t leave me now.




~It’s A Beautiful Day~




-End of Chapter The Third-



© 2018 Chryiss


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

115 Views
Added on September 23, 2018
Last Updated on September 23, 2018


Author

Chryiss
Chryiss

CT



About
An artist. A dreamer. A writer. A storyteller. I am Chryiss. These stories are the culminations of my imagination. Will you share in my daydreams? My latest fantasy novel, My World To Live, is ava.. more..

Writing