Chapter Two

Chapter Two

A Chapter by Cheyenne
"

Part of chapter two!

"

          

 

           Chapter Two

 

 

     

      I wake up again about three hours later. I dreamt the same dream again only I woke up before anything went wrong. My parents are watching TV on the high definition televisions they have here. Well that’s a New York City hospital for you. I can’t complain though I love New York.

 

 

                “Oh sweetie you’re finally awake.” My mother says. “The nurse told us that you had a nightmare about Bennet. Are you ok?”

 

 

 

        “Yea I’m ok mom. I’m still a little tired though.”

 

 

        “How could you be tired? They said you slept for hours on end.”

 

 

        “It’s because she is under such a great stress level. Which isn’t good for a girl her age, or anyone for that matter.” Dr. Sheltz says as he enters the room. “Well are you ready to go home? From what I hear from the nurse you sound like you are.”

 

 

 

        “O I’m sorry about that too. I just I don’t know. I am sorry though.”

 

 

        “It’s perfectly alright, but you may have post traumatic stress Syndrome.”

 

 

 

        “Will she need medication for that?” Says my father.

 

 

 

        “Let me elaborate on what it is first. People with PTSD usually have constant thoughts of the ordeal they were in; they sometimes feel emotionally and physically numb, and distressed. This is especially common when it took place with someone you were very close to. In Carters case it was someone she was very close to. They may also have sleep problems and feel detached from reality, and be easily startled. In Carters case she may want to see a psychiatrist to prescribe the medication. I would highly recommend it.”

 

 

 

        “She’ll need to see a psychiatrist regularly then?” my mother asks.

 

 

 

        “Most likely yes, I can refer you to the one the hospital has on call or you can see a family insurance appointed one. It’s whatever Carter chooses.”

 

 

 

        They look at me expectantly. I don’t like the idea of this though, I’m not crazy. I never have been, and I don’t want to see a psychiatrist. This is all to much for me. “Do I have to see one at all? I’m not crazy am I?”

 

 

        “Carter of course your not crazy.” My father reply’s quickly.

          “I would most strongly recommend you see one. No you’re not crazy, it’s understandable for you to have this or develop it because of the situation you are facing now.”

 

 

        “Ok I’ll see one just as long it’s me and the doctor. I don’t want it to be here at the hospital though.”

 

 

        “Ok then well hear are the medication slips you’ll need to give to the pharmacist. Once you get dressed you’ll be ready to go.”

 

 

        Thank god I think. “Thank you so much for all you done doctor.” I mean those words sincerely too.

 

 

        “Your very welcome.” He says leaving the room.

 

 

        “Well Carter we brought you clothes and everything you’ll need to get ready.” Mom says.

 

 

        “Ok I’ll go take a shower and everything.”

 

 

        “Alright.”

 

 

        I walk to the bathroom, with the bag my mother brought me in hand. Turning on the shower I make sure it’s as hot as possible. It feels good for the hot water to wash over my skin. I step out of the shower and stare at myself wrapped in the white towel. Why it that towels at hospitals and hotels are are always white? I guess because they are just plain and simple. My brown skin looks dry because I haven’t put anything on it yet. I start to get dressed then brush my teeth, and start to apply make up using as little as possible today. When I’m finally done I walk out with everything bundled up and ready to go. My parents stand ready to leave this dreadful room also. We get off the elevator that leads top the parking garage. I’m so happy to be out of there it’s like the highlight of my life right now. My dad has gone to get the car and mom and I wait for him.

 

 

        “Are you to ready?” He says as he pulls up to the curb.

 

 

        “Yes.” My mother says. I enter the car silently. “We’ll have to stop by the pharmacy first to get the medicines the doctor prescribed for Carter. Then we can head over to the Danes’.”

 

 

        “Wait? Head to whose house?” I say.

 

 

        “To Bennet’s sweetheart, everyone is there to give condolences. They want you there Carter, because they know this is just as hard for you as it is for them. If not harder.” My father says.

 

 

        We stop by the pharmacy to get my medicines. One is for anxiety, another for sleeping, and the last as a temporary for PTSD. That one was just until I saw a psychiatrist; Dr. Sheltz also said that if I experience depression I might need more medicine. Depression? God I hope not. Next we’re making our way to Bennet’s parent’s house it’s almost outside of New York City. A huge estate that had belonged to their family for years, well his mothers side at least. We all go to school in NYC though it’s a private school. I live on the Upper East Side of Manhattan. The same place where they film a TV show called Gossip Girl. Our school is called Loyola, on Park Ave. That school is never going to be the same, without Bennet walking the hallways.  



© 2010 Cheyenne


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

A good chapter, but watch your verb tenses. Make sure they all agree, keeping it in one tense throughout the whole story. Nce job, though. Can't wait to read a little more of this.

Posted 13 Years Ago


A very good chapter. The conversation was interesting. Healing is a hard process. Take a lot of things to fall right. The ending was hopeful. I look forward to reading more.
Coyote

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

237 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on June 8, 2010
Last Updated on June 8, 2010


Author

Cheyenne
Cheyenne

KC, MO



About
Hey guys. Im Cheyenne im 14 and really love to write. ALot of people tell me i'm really good and would buy a book if i wrote one! I live in KC and my friend Cleo Christine introuduced me to this site... more..

Writing
The Stage The Stage

A Poem by Cheyenne