1080P

1080P

A Poem by Cole Hayley
"

A return of sorts to my old poetry style. Inspired by the night sky.

"

1080P 


Take a picture of the moon,

So you know what if feels like to be weak. 


It will come in tiny pixels,

Propelled by vibrations of colour

And stained in a smoke screen.


Ask yourself if its worth the memory space

Ask yourself if it should be erased. 


The answer will always be the same. 


The nighthawks will be stagnant in the background, 

Their wings stretched out and frozen. 


The blood soaked clouds enrich the horizon, 

As the mountain peaks flourish,

And the milky way spills over the skyline. 


I'd like to think that theres some kind of life up there,

Something else to share this beauty,

Hovering over oblivion. 


But in the end that only makes me feel sad.


Lonely.


Brittle. 


Insignificant. 


I don't want to feel like that. 


I don't want to feel weak...

So I press delete

© 2012 Cole Hayley


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

The descriptive narrative you used in this were stunningly beautiful to me. A photograph may seem insignificant to millions as they happen across it in a newspaper or online. But, to the photographer who snapped it, that image, frozen eternally in time and space, spoke something monumental and profound to them. It has a history behind it to them and carries along with it baggage stuffed with memoris. At least until it is...deleted.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Whatever they said. Another excellent poem. Fascinating concept. I've never thought about it like that before, or at least consciously. You described it very well!

Posted 11 Years Ago


The picture painted is worth a million words.

Posted 11 Years Ago


A combination of the self, nature and technology that refers to the universe for something in the way of clarity to describe the experience. Exquisite!

Posted 11 Years Ago


This is a very stunning poem that has lovely description. The words create a scene in my head that I always love to see when reading something. Thank you for the great read.

Posted 11 Years Ago


"Take a picture of the moon,
So you know what if feels like to be weak. " OMGOMGOMG

"So I press delete" last line was an epic fail, the only fault in this delicacy.

Posted 11 Years Ago


I like the description of the moon and the photo gave life to the purpose of the poem.
"Lonely.
Brittle.
Insignificant.
I don't want to feel like that. "
Thank you for the excellent poem. All of us will know loneliness in a life.
Coyote

Posted 11 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Pax
very nice, love the ending part.

Posted 11 Years Ago


I like

'Take a picture of the moon,
So you know what if feels like to be weak.
It will come in tiny pixels, '

but have to say I don't really like the rest.

I love the concept of taking a photo of the moon and the camera being completely inefficient to the task.

It's perfect, I live near a recycling plant in the middle of a smoky, grimy city and the clouds are often incredible beautiful because of that, but never come out n photos.

I love how that links to the inability of ever capturing that beauty but I think you go to down with it. Just because we can't freeze the beauty doesn't mean we can't experience it. Indeed we can experience it better by not trying to capture it, the beauty of something is a shifting moving thing. The sounds, sights and smells all add to the beauty, as does our state of mind and memory, though imperfect, can capture the ghost of that feeling better than a camera ever could.

So I don't like the poem because I think you go to down and sad with it. The beauty is there and can be appreciated, but it can't be pickled, which I think is a good thing, a cause of celebration. I would end feeling grand, proud that I can experience beauty by stepping out my front door.

Hooray that we can't capture the moon in our little camera because it will keep us looking at the real thing and appreciating it.

That said, those first three lines are great.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

If it was your intentions or not, I'm not sure, but I like the effect of writing smaller towards the end, giving an even bigger image to the words at hand. Starting bold, then fading into your weakness. Wonderful.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Wow. Love the simplicity and the complexity of this piece.

Posted 11 Years Ago



First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

808 Views
18 Reviews
Rating
Added on July 2, 2012
Last Updated on July 2, 2012

Author

Cole Hayley
Cole Hayley

Montreal, Canada



About
25 / Canada I'm back ;) New series: "Name one thing in this photo" 1. Grocery list and a Love letter 2. Went Wrong 3. 24 4. The Pacific Theater 5. A SATA cable frayed 6. One Thing 7. .. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Lacuna 2 Lacuna 2

A Poem by Cole Hayley


Drips of Wisdom #2 Drips of Wisdom #2

A Chapter by Pax


Well-awake Well-awake

A Poem by Pax


Obsidian Obsidian

A Poem by Cole Hayley