Cassie

Cassie

A Chapter by anonymous.

5

Cassie

 

I didn’t think my morning could have been any worse than it already was. As I got out of bed this morning I realized that I had slept on my neck the wrong way and was entirely regretting my sleeping positions, while I was curling my hair I had accidentally burned my thumb and it had already started to blister, I was being rushed out of the door this morning and didn’t have time to sit down and eat breakfast therefore I couldn’t take my anti-depressants, and on top of all that my mother was in a very horribly moody mood and decided to tell me how “tacky” I look when I put sweaters over my dresses even though I think it looks completely fine. As if I actually care.

But I guess I was wrong because as soon as I stepped off my front porch I had the pleasure to notice that Luke Daniel was standing at the edge of my front lawn.  

What a loser. I mean, I guess he’s cute and all, but I’m not really a sucker for the popular crowd. And I’m also not usually the type to assume and be all stereotypical about people, but when there’s somebody like this a*****e currently standing in front of my house, I can’t help but think, “Wow, you really suck at life.”

And that’s is exactly what I feel about all of those people invested in Luke’s oh so fantastic circle.

Oh s**t. I made eye contact with him. Now it’s going to be inevitable to avoid this boy. What is he doing here anyway! I bet he doesn’t even know my first name.

I tried my hardest to walk right past his robotic glare, but I couldn’t, he sped up right behind me. “Hi.” He squeaked out loud enough that barely even the wind itself could hear.

I looked behind me, maybe it was just how he normally looked, or maybe it was my imagination, but Luke seemed nervous. Like really nervous. And I couldn’t help but notice the rash beaming off of his cheek. “Bad case of the poison ivy? Yeah my yard’s full of that stuff, my dad gets it like twice a year.”

He kind of just looked at me like I was made of some sort of foreign material that some Mexican forged into our country.

“Oh um yeah. That. It’s no big deal, I got it weeks ago.” He pleaded.

“Ah I see.” I answered trying to drag this dreadful small talk to an end.

I tried speeding myself to a faster pace but no matter what I did he just kept right at my side the entire time. We didn’t talk much besides the tiny remarks of the weather and of random assignments due within the few weeks. And by the time we got to school I could almost taste the bitter sweetness of the awkward silences that filled the gap between the time we spent walking to school.

I have no clue when this boy decided it would be a good idea to speak to me. Or how he even knew who I was but somehow he did. And somehow just within the minimum of time it took to walk to school, I managed to evolve a new found hate for Luke Daniels.

When we finally arrived to the school, (which felt like it had been ages) I swerved through the crowds of people almost tripping on every passing person and embarrassingly falling flat on my face, which luckily I didn’t. But for some (probably unnecessary) reason, Luke was still following me around just like a lost puppy dog searching for a new home. I made it to my locker and I just stopped right in front of it and looked at him.

“So, I’m sorry, but um, what is it you want from me? Because I’m sure as hell not doing your homework and I can’t think of any other possibilities that I could offer you. And you’ve never actually talked to me before and I’m sure you don’t even know my first name.”   

Too much. But hey, you can’t blame a girl for being curious to what some boy like him would want to do with her unless he was only looking for sex or someone to play with. I am most certainly not going to do any dirty obligations with this boy.

He just looked at me with eyes as wide as the moon itself and as if I had just shared with him the secret of the universe, “Oh! Well I had just decided that I’ve seen you around and that um I don’t know you just seemed like a pretty chill girl!”

Pretty chill girl huh. Since when did I become a refrigerator?

I just looked at him and as bluntly as possible shook my head and sarcastically grunted, “Oh.”

Then I opened up my locker and retrieved my books. And as I was began to stroll away, the b*****d grabbed my arm! I mean not harshly or anything, but I don’t care how long we’ve attended the same school, there is no denying that grabbing someone’s arm is just straight out rude. I mean if he wanted my attention there are far more effective and reasonable ways to get it. But I stopped walking and shot another one of those invisible bullets towards his body with my eyes, the kind where you can’t see them but you know they’re there, and you know they hurt. I was done with him, and everybody else today already. Thank God he caught the message and he let go as soon as that bullet blasted straight through his forehead. And as soon as his grasp released off of my arm I rushed straight to class.

When I entered into first hour, the very first thing I felt I could I do was sit and read. So that’s exactly what I did, I read some of François Rabelais’s masterpieces. His poetry just sings to my soul. And besides listening to music, reading his poetry is the only things that can calm my mind to a bearable ease.

I kept reminding myself not to look behind me because that’s exactly where Luke was sitting. Directly behind me. He didn’t do anything bad necessarily, like to any other normal human being, he might actually be considered very kind. But I don’t like kind! I like honest. And if I have any right to consider this, he was not being honest with me. For goodness sake he couldn’t even look me in the eye.

But forget about Luke Daniels, I have better things I can concentrate on anyways. For instance, I wonder what Erik is up to. I wonder if he’s thinking about me. I mean I don’t see any reason why he would even want to do that but still I can’t help but wonder anyways. And as the teacher blabbers on and on and on about pointless dates and facts about Martin Luther and blah, blah, blah. But my mind was somewhere entirely different. Well if I’m going to go into specifics, I was thinking about Erik. Him and his black hair. And those green eyes, don’t get me started on his eyes. I kept running back to thoughts of us being together face to face. Him holding my hand and twisting my hair. Us finally together, finally able to feel the sensation of touch. Finally able to glare into each other’s eyes and to touch each others lips. 

I must have dozed off a little more than anticipated because next thing I know it, class is over and almost everyone has left the room, except for me and guess who.

Luke Daniels.

He’s standing at the foot of my desk and he’s got one earbud in and he’s tapping his fingers to the beat of the song on the tip of my desk. “You coming?” he nodded his head towards the door.

I just rolled my eyes at him and packed my things up. 



© 2015 anonymous.


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

39 Views
Added on May 23, 2015
Last Updated on May 23, 2015


Author

anonymous.
anonymous.

Monroe, MI



About
16 Years Old “The loneliest moment in someone’s life is when they are watching their whole world fall apart, and all they can do is stare blankly.” We .. more..

Writing
Cassie Cassie

A Chapter by anonymous.


Luke Luke

A Chapter by anonymous.


Cassie Cassie

A Chapter by anonymous.