Luke

Luke

A Chapter by anonymous.

6

Luke

 

I did it, I finally talked to Cassie Marie. I’m giving it my best effort to disregard her attitude towards me, all of the eye rolling and silent stares. I just have to break the ice, I mean I’ve got the hardest part over and done with and now I think I  might actually be getting somewhere with her. Maybe I should try to sit with her during lunch.

I looked up towards the front of the class, Mrs. Paterson the biology blabber was rambling on about picking new lab partners for the semester. I’m not going to lie I was really hoping that I would get paired up with Cassie, but there was no possibility in that, she was letting everyone choose their own partner this semester. What idiotic person would trust us with that responsibility?

I glanced across the room past the rushed students scattering to find their friends, Cassie clearly wasn’t paying any attention. I guess she was just waiting for someone to approach her first or something, because she sat silently at her table reading her book.

Now or never I guess. I walked very slowly and cautiously over to her table, and sat directly next to her. “You don’t mind, do you?” I couldn’t tell if she was just being nice but, she kind of just looked at me and nodded as in a representation of approval. I did it! She didn’t even roll her eyes at me this time.

I sat back in my chair and relaxed myself a little, hopefully my blushing wasn’t too obvious.

Do you ever get that rush of excitement, for no reason? It kind of feels like there’s some sort of wind pushing against you, and you just want to jump up out of your seat and scream about how amazing you feel. It’s such a thrill of an emotion. That’s what I feel right now, being with her, knowing that for the next few weeks, she’s going to have to spend time with me whether she wants to or not. And if this goes how I plan on it going, things are looking pretty good for me, or us.

There had been a fly buzzing around the room almost all period, and the fly landed right next to her hand, I swat it to the table and crush the bug with my fist, its guts spurted out of its body onto the desk. Cassie looked up at me with a surprised glance and as soon as she saw me looking at her, quickly turned away and waited for the teacher to quickly start class.

Mrs. Paterson roamed around the classroom passing out the project to each partner which would be due next Thursday. I took a quick glance at the sheet and sighed with relief, this was something I could easily do thank God. I peeked over at Cassie and she was done reading the paper, and she already looked as if this was stressing her out, and her sigh was a big indicator that this was not her subject.

“Do you want to go over to the library after school to get a start on this?” I’d assume she wasn’t one of those people who just lets the other person do all the work and then act as if she actually did something.

“Um, sure.”

I wanted to say, “It’s a date then!” and give her a cheeky smile, but I just nodded because I’m sure if I did any otherwise, my head would have been on the ground.

 



© 2015 anonymous.


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

82 Views
Added on May 23, 2015
Last Updated on May 23, 2015


Author

anonymous.
anonymous.

Monroe, MI



About
16 Years Old “The loneliest moment in someone’s life is when they are watching their whole world fall apart, and all they can do is stare blankly.” We .. more..

Writing
Cassie Cassie

A Chapter by anonymous.


Luke Luke

A Chapter by anonymous.


Cassie Cassie

A Chapter by anonymous.