Chapter One

Chapter One

A Chapter by Courtney Taylor

Chapter One

            I walk down the poorly decorated hallway towards Lethia’s bedroom to put her clothes away. As I tuck her pink sundress, with purple flowers as rim, into one of her three full, yet organized, dresser. The light, small headache hits me, and I instinctively lay down on the comfortable twin bed to prepare myself.

            Soon my toes and fingers go numb, and everything in my sight goes blurry. “Leth…” The words stumble over my tongue, and are lost in my mouth. An imaginary weight grows on my chest until I struggle to breathe. Sounds from outside, like horns honking, began to echo, and then disappear altogether. My vision went from blurry to nothing at all, rendering me deaf and blind. My trembling, numb fingers cover my eyes to hide my tears, out of instinct. On my wrists, I feel the wet, fresh blood start dripping from my nose, and now, in agony, I hope I blackout.

            How long has it been, minutes, hours? I couldn’t keep track. Then it stops. It’s finally over. Tears pour out of my eyes, and I curl up into fettle position. My eyelids flutter open to see Lethia sitting on the floor with terror in her eyes. At first, I’m confused since this isn’t the first episode I’ve had that she had seen. I give her a questioning look; however she remains speechless, only able to lift her dainty finger to point to the full length mirror mounted on her wall.

            I stand up quickly, just to fall down again. Even though the pain has stopped, I’m still slightly light headed. I wait a few moments until I try to stand up again. Once I make it to my feet I stagger to the mirror only to see The Tattoos. “It’s going to be alright Lethia, I promise.”

“But Delores, you sa- .” I shoot her stare that stopped her regretful words.

“I said we will be fine!” Lethia ran out of the room with sensitive tears in her eyes. I would’ve stopped her, but she doesn’t like when I raise my voice, so I figured maybe I should let her go, cool down. My words had anger behind then, however it wasn’t directed towards sweet little Lethia, it’s only because I’m getting worse, and they are getting stronger. I need to find them, The Ones.

I pull myself away from the horrid reflection to go check on Lethia. She is laying in my queen size bed with her face smothered in a throw pillow. I take a couple steps towards her before I began to talk. “Lethia, sweetheart, I’m so sorry. I didn’t mean to make you upset. I’m just nervous, but I have a surprise!” She sniffled, and then she looked up at me with wet tears on her rosy pink cheeks.

“What?” She gave me a questioning look. One eyebrow raised with her eyes focused on me.

“We’re leaving for The Journey tomorrow, and this time, I promise!” She jumped with giddy and joy. She squealed like she was a fourteen year old girl, even though she is only nine; and since she’s nine she had so many questions running through head, she could barely contain herself.

“What am I going to wear? Do you know where it is? Do you think Father will like me? How about Mother? Who do you think I will train with? How long will it take to get there? What do you think…?” I stopped her so I could at least answer some of her questions, and so she could breathe.

“Lethia, calm down, take a breather!” I smile while saying this so she knows I’m not upset, “You can wear anything you like, I kind of know where it is, they will both like you, it will take a few weeks to get there, and I think both of us will probably train with Father.” A smile appears on her face, but then it turns to all serious.

“What do I need to do?” She questions, showing her obvious devotion and motivation to go on The Journey. Lethia will be very useful in this situation since she has the gift of forget. The gift of forget is basically having the power to make the release of memories in anyone’s mind.

“Nothing right now, just go watch TV.”

             My “gift” isn’t that cool, however rare; I have the gift of pain. About four to five times a day I feel collective pain from the people surrounding my area. That is usually why we don’t live in big cities like New York, since there is more crime and more pain. However, lately I haven’t just been feeling physical pain, but emotional pains as well, like: heartbreak, loneliness, and anguish. This means my gift is increasing, which would explain my new markings. I have to find the mentors fast, before things get out of hand.



© 2012 Courtney Taylor


Author's Note

Courtney Taylor
Review Please

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Thank u :)

Posted 12 Years Ago


It's very good i liked the story so far planning to see more:)

Posted 12 Years Ago


GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!
ME LOVE! WRITE NOW!

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

139 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on April 9, 2012
Last Updated on April 9, 2012



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Just a Stage Just a Stage

A Poem by Amanda


I'd Lie (Three) I'd Lie (Three)

A Chapter by Amanda