Chapter 3

Chapter 3

A Chapter by Courtney

Shortly after that situation, and after much assurance that I was not simply going insane, we moved on. Packed our meager belongings, filled our water canteens at the small stream, and stomped out what remained of the embers before setting out to try and get closer to what was left of our fallen government center; where the new ‘leaders’ resided. Ever since the day they tried to revoke our right to arms, our nation went into an all out revolt. Sides were chosen and thus the nation was split. Neighbours were thrown against each other, as were families; Father against daughter, sister against brother.

The stories and the tv shows of the past had come out to be reality. The fear of the people was high; although it was nothing like any tv producer could have possibly imagined. Yes, we still had electricity, and yes everything was in working order. The modern forms of transportation were too risky for the rebels to use, as officers of the Command were given direct orders to shoot on sight. That is why we were on foot, hiking through the countries wilderness (or what was left of it after years of stripping the land for resources) attempting to reach Command’s main base of operations.
Landon and I had broken off from the band of rebels we had began in once we realised that no one was willing to move. No one wanted to stand up to Control. We had refused to stay in the midst of a group where no one was willing to fight for what they believed in. We decided that no matter the fact that there were only two of us, we had a better shot moving in alone than we would staying as a bystander and waiting for someone else to come along and start something.
We decided that we would be the spark to set off the true fire of the revolution. We set off to make the first move in the giant game of chess that was now our country. Lurking across the chessboard of a battlefield was the black king, protected by his pawns that he threw into the fray, mercilessly killing at will. What he got out of it, no one knew; but we were on our way to find out the truth.


© 2013 Courtney


Author's Note

Courtney
I'm not so sure about this one as much as the others.. Any suggestions?

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

I like it alot. Don't forget "the love interest" has a few friends just like him! ^-^

And having a Friend like.... Zech who owns a .50 caliber could help... and don't forget Landon also owns a .223, Ar 15. Landon also has his . . . Hunting knife. Nurff said. :D

Posted 11 Years Ago


Courtney

11 Years Ago

Hush, man! My story! MINE!
I was going to add him in later, actually, so.. Hush n stuff. :D
randomreader2

11 Years Ago

Looosssarrrr
Courtney

11 Years Ago

Woah. Ouch. I am hurt.. Crushed!
Woah!!!!! i didnt see that comming WTF!!!!! Man um We need to find the truth

Posted 11 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

165 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on January 6, 2013
Last Updated on January 6, 2013


Author

Courtney
Courtney

West Lafayette, IN



Writing
Distance Distance

A Poem by Courtney


Rise Again Rise Again

A Poem by Courtney



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..