Chapter 7

Chapter 7

A Chapter by Kyline Freed

"Are you Krista?" the guy who had first looked at me asks. His voice is kind of pitchy and sounded like what a little boy would sound like.
"She is," the other guy says, his voice deeper hen the other guys. He moves a piece of his dark hair out of his eyes, "Don't you see her birthmark? She didn't even bother attempting to cover it." I look down and sure enough, the v-neck I had thrown on did nothing to hide my birthmark and me having my hair up didn't help any.
"Who are these people?" I jump, Andrew had come up behind me and I hadn't heard him.
"We need Krista to come with us," the guy with dark hair talks again, in the process cutting of the boy voice guy. He steps forward, "We know she was taken to Earth by her birth parents when they noticed she had the mark but it wasn't the normal color, and from what we can see it's not." He glances at the birthmark again, I'm half tempted to run upstairs and grab a jacket because it feels like he's invading my privacy in a way by looking at it so often.
"Are these your parents?" the other guy steps forward and shows me a picture of a young couple, the guy had brown hair and the girl had red and they were holding a baby in their arms a mess of dark hair on it's head, the baby had to be Aiden because I had seen a picture before with him in the same position before but the people that were holding him had been torn out of the picture. 
"The only person I recognize in the picture is the baby, it was my brother." I step forward and grab the picture from him, he had the same eyes and brown hair. It had to be him.
"Where is your brother," Kalek asks, I forgot he was standing right beside me.
"He died in a plane crash ten years ago, he's the only reason why I'm still alive and he would be too, but he went back to save more people but the plane went under water and he drowned before he could get back to me, I'm the only person that survived." I feel a tear fall off my face and then I hear it hit the picture I'm still holding.
"What if we told you your brother is still alive?" the guy who showed me the picture says.
"He can't be, the doctors showed me his body and everything." 
He pulls another picture out, "Was this your brother?" It's a picture of my brother and me right before the plane incident. He pulls out another picture, it's of my brother laying on a table right after the plane, his hair was even still wet. "Is there anything in the pictures that's different that you notice?"
I shake my head, there wasn't.
He points at the scar on the side of Aiden's cheek and then motions for me to look at the same place on the other boy, it's not there. 
He shoves the photos back in his pocket.
A guy walks in through the back door of the sun room. The scar is the first thing I notice, until he turns his head and I know it's him.
Aiden was never dead.


© 2015 Kyline Freed


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Whoa, I like the cool twist at the end! Nice!

Posted 9 Years Ago


Holy cow, what a twist we got here!
You're doing an awesome Job!

Posted 9 Years Ago


What? PLOT TWIST! =) This is really interesting, you've got a nice pace going. I did notice a few more run on sentences. I'm sure if you read over it you'll find them, but if you want me to point them out I can. You have good description going, but I think a tiny bit more emotion on Krista's part would really make this come alive. Nice work, keep writing!!

Posted 9 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

262 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on January 29, 2015
Last Updated on January 29, 2015


Author

Kyline Freed
Kyline Freed

Imperial, MO



About
I am transferring all my work from this account to another due to some guy basically stalking me so if you would wish to add that account message me here and I will gladly send you my username. I .. more..

Writing