The secret library

The secret library

A Chapter by .
"

Many people say she is trapped inside that so called mirror for thousands of years

"
After a long while I was still looking in the mirror. I was shocked and confused. The girl in the mirror was me! Just that she didn't move were I moved. She stayed in the same place, looking around like if she was trapped inside a glass box. I started to think that it wasn't me, but she looked very much alike. So I decided to talk with Susan. She always had a way of seeing the sense on the contrary of Zack, he just talked nonsense. He spoke about the fantasy and horror movies, that he wasn't allowed to watch and the comics he read. The funny thing is that he thought it was all real. I left my room and passed round the circular table. I knocked on Susan's dormitory door and waited. Once Susan opened the door she was furious and just let me come in. Usually she would slam the door in front of me and shout to me "Get out of here!" like normal stubborn siblings do. Susan's room was a mess and trust me she was the tidiest of the family. Her bag was thrown on the wooden floor, her photo albums were about to fall from her white bedside table, her clothes were falling out from her shelves and the bed was full of MP3's, iPod's, computers...etc. The only thing in the room which didn't look a mess, was the old wooden wardrobe, which looked exactly like the one I had in my room. Susan was now on the floor, with the sad expression of 'my boyfriend dumped me'. I knew that immediatly, because every time we started talking she was in the middle of crying, just because her relationship ended. Not that I think it's easy, I don't even know how it feels. I never had a relationship with anyone. Susan had now stopped crying, but there was still no bright smile on her pretty face. I hated seeing her like that. It was like seeing my father after a lost football match. 
"You'll get over it, Susan" I told her, offering my hand so that she could stand up.
"I always do, Jean, it's just a matter of time till I get over it and after all I starting to get used to it" she told me, giving me a bright smile which I returned to her.
She took my had and stood up.
"So what's the problem now?" she asked, looking at the awkward wardrobe which she nearly decided to throw away.
"There's a mirror in my room and I swear I saw myself but my reflection wasn't doing what I was doing. Unless that wasn't me, but she looks exactly like me" I finished thinking and knowing I had said too much.
"Like always I didn't understand half the thing you said. But I'll go and have a look at it" she answered like always adding the part of her not understanding half the things I said as an excuse for not listening.
We both walked towards my room, hearing the annoying sound of the game our brother was playing. I understood him quiet well he used to be such a kind brother to us until he found out he was the only male sibling in the family. After that he disturbed us every time he had a chance. Susan and I walked into my room, which by my point of view was much cleaner.
"What a mess" whispered Susan to herself, not knowing I had heard her.
"That's the mirror" I pointed out showing the girl which could have been my twin sister, if I ever had one.
Right at that moment Zack came in.
"Can you two stop making all that noise" he said, wanting so badly to go back to his brand new game.
Susan was about to hit him but I stopped her. I'm very sure she wasn't going to do that, after all we were family.
"Who's that in the mirror?" he asked, seeing someone very familiar inside it and then he looked at me.
"Don't look at me, she doesn't even look at me" I explained, looking at the mirror again.
"Forget about the mirror, the big question is why there is a wardrobe like this in every room?" questioned Susan, not hoping to hear an answer.
"Now that I think of it, yea it is kind of strange" I spotted, remembering something I had once read in class back in the Himalayas.
"I know it is, but there must be some connection with them" Zack went on with his nonsense of a passage, where ever we went he had a feeling there was a secret passage somewhere. But that was were I was wrong, I was about to speak, Zack had somehow opened a passage at the end of the wardrobe.
"Next thing you know, you'll be in Narnia" he joked and went through.
Me and Susan were amazed for the first time he hadn't said any nonsense.
We followed Zack into the tunnel, it wasn't dark because Zack always carried a torch for the day he would do this. Once we got to the end of the passage there was a door. Zack opened it and went in, one by one. We were all in an old and gigantic library. I could tell it was old because the books were all full of dust.
"Library, really?" complained Susan who was expecting something much more exciting. 
She wasn't the only one I had also expected something more suprising, but Zack was looking at the books on the row of shelves and started reading one about fantasy. I decided to do the same, I wasn't going to waste an exciting moment of my life by not doing anything. Susan decided she was acting a little silly and chose a book about comedy. At least that was what I thought, she couldn't stop laughing. I looked into every self to find a book which might be interesting for me, till I saw one which caught my eye. I took it and read the title:
Mirror Ghosts and how to catch them
I had just remembered about the girl who was in the mirror and decided to opened the book and shake the dust off. The first chapter was about the mirror ghosts and went like this:
Long ago when a Princess from an unknown land came to earth, she brought a mirror with her. It wasn't a small pocket mirror, if not a wall mirror. Made from a blue crystal and diamonds. It was very important for her because her mother gave it to her before she died. It was said to catch the beauty in others from the inside. The mirror how ever was weak and she gave it to a man to repair. But once she gave it to the man it slipped of his hands and the mirror broke into a million pieces. The princess was mad and said she would get revenge one day. 
After a few years everything was well and people thought she had forgotten about the accident. But the Princess had a very long memory and came back. She came with another mirror which would spill centuries of bad luck all over the town. She hid it in an old abandoned house. Where she would look out of the window and see all those happy faces disappear and get her revenge finally.
But in the middle of casting the spell, something went wrong. She had evaporated into thin air. No one ever knew about her again. Many people say she is trapped inside that so called mirror for thousands of years, and never got old. All the people found of her was her blue cloak and wand. The town or better said city where this all occurred was in London. The house is situated somewhere in the center of London. The house how ever isn't cursed, though the mirror is. They say that once you're inside it you would be very lucky if you got out. The Princess is said to have black hair and deep blue eyes, her skin is as white as snow and her voice is a soft melody of cries hoping that someone will someday get her out.
As I finished reading I knew I had to go into that horrible mirror. 


© 2012 .


Author's Note

.
Pls tell me if u see any grammar problems and pls review

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Great! Wonderful!
100/100

Posted 11 Years Ago


.

11 Years Ago

I'm glad you're liking it! :D
[send message][befriend] Subscribe
_
A few grammar situations here and there but who flippin cares I want to read more!

Posted 11 Years Ago


_

11 Years Ago

THERE IS NO MORE! DX WAAAAAAAAAAAAH! THE TURMOIL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
.

11 Years Ago

I'll post the next one soon I promise and tnx for reviewing! :)
Interesting~ that's all I can say XD Can't wait for the next one~

Posted 11 Years Ago


.

11 Years Ago

Tnx, I'll try and post it soon :)
It seems like there is more to the story going on in your mind than is being put down on paper, errr... typed I mean, but it's definitely an interesting, deatiled read. As for Grammer, here's some suggestions.

Decided to opened the book shake the dust off--decided to open the book and shake the dust off. There's a few ways this could have been written.

Many people say she is trapped inside that so called mirror for thousands of years. And never got old--These two sentences can be combined with a comma.

"I know it is, but there must be some connection with them" went on Zack--comma after "them," and went on Zack should be Zack went on.

I decided to do the same, I wasn't going to waste an exciting moment of my life by not doing anything. hmmm--there's a couple options here. Take out the comma and make it into two sentences or add the word because instead of the comma.

Hope this helps and keep on writing!

Posted 11 Years Ago


.

11 Years Ago

Tnx it does help! :)
well interesting write! keep writing
nothing much can't say a single thing because I feel so sad today

Posted 11 Years Ago


.

11 Years Ago

What happened?
Rhianne Ney

11 Years Ago

I feel so sad because of the books and um... not for me to tell I may sound too imposing if I say so.. read more
.

11 Years Ago

It's ok if u want to tell me u can I always listen
He spoke about the fantasy and horror movies, that he wasn't allowed to watch ----no comma

The only thing in the room which didn't look a mess, was the old wooden wardrobe, ----no comma after mess

I knew that immediatly----immediately

She took my had and stood up----hand

But that was were I was wrong, ----where

one I had also expected something more suprising---surprising

The mirror how ever was weak-----however

I liked this story. I few grammar issues but nothing too bad. I enjoyed reading this :)

Posted 11 Years Ago


.

11 Years Ago

Tnx I'll correct that when I can

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

285 Views
7 Reviews
Rating
Added on August 30, 2012
Last Updated on September 1, 2012
Tags: adventure, fantasy, mystery


Author

.
.

Milky Way, Solar System, Earth...



Writing
The beach The beach

A Poem by .


My tongue twister My tongue twister

A Poem by .


Poliglot Poliglot

A Poem by .