A Little Figure

A Little Figure

A Chapter by .
"

“We’re all dead” she whispered and went of leaving me to my darkest thoughts.

"

 

  The doors had now opened and revealed what it was hiding. It was a room filled with all the gems you could imagine, sparkling from every corner, a waterfall falling from the furthest wall and in the middle of all that prettiness laid a tall pedestal with a book, not a single diamond, gem, anything valuable on it. Only dust and a lock, a rusted lock.

 

  My sister stared, taken aback by the astonishing sight. Her deep blue eyes sparkled, just like the sapphires on the east wall. She seemed relaxed after years of hyper activity and trying so hard to make things work; finally, her mind had rested. She looked as if she were in another world, one of tranquillity and happiness, quietness and harmony, something our world wasn’t. You’d always find a way to make things better but they always would come back to worse making your life feel like hell, as if it were crashing down on you, with all its bloody force.

 

  My brother on the other hand, seemed, as if he’d just owned victory, as if all he ever wanted, came. Even though he looked the least surprised on the outside, his inside, was bursting with happiness, he felt as if he were free, as if he could fly. I gave him a weak smiled even though he didn’t notice me, he was deeply in thought, in thought with all the wonderful things around us.

 

  Me? I was open, open to the whole wide world, I don’t how or why but the room seemed to be my best friend, someone or something you could rely on. The place made me express my feelings inside out. And all the connection fell on the book, I mean look carefully, everything’s showing its prettiest side, yet the book prettiness only lies in the inside. What it describes and the adventures it took can’t be red from the outside. I made my way to the pedestal and took the book, carefully blowing off all the dust. But before I managed to open the book, I spotted a figure which had been transformed by the dust I blew off. My siblings came to me and looked over my shoulder, they mouths dropped open.  

 

  It was a small female girl. She was dressed in shiny silver armour and her long brown hair was braided into a fishtail. She bowed at us and hopped onto the book.

 

  “Nicolette, but you may call me Nico” she said, we all nodded.

 

  “Isn’t that a boy’s name?” Zach asked whilst looking at the figure intensely. As he was about to touch her, she drew out her sword and swung it at Zach.

 

  “Ouch, that hurt” he complained, looking at his cut on his index finger. She blinked and turned back to me.

 

  “I’m sorry, I thought he wanted to hurt me” she simply said, Susan let out a laugh. The figure turned to her and frowned, s«Susan noticed and stopped laughing.

 

  “Sorry it’s just that Zach can’t even hurt a fly” she commented, Zach gave her a death glare and crossed his arms,

 

  “Well, Nico…” I started only to be interrupted by my one and only sister.

 

  “What are you?” she asked, I raised an eyebrow.

 

  “Rude enough?” I asked her, she shrugged and looked at the small girl, who was redoing her braid.

 

  “I’m a Syniad and before you ask they’re small creatures which are born from a book and are supposed to protect the human who first touches this book” she explained.

 

  “And how are you supposed to protect us?” Zach asked, but then he looked at his badly cut finger and shut up.

 

  “So you’re saying that you were born from a story in that book?” I asked, the Syniad nodded.

 

  “I was a fugitive from the 1st war and ended up spying on the kings and queens for money” she continued. “I ended up falling in love with one of the princes and then you awakened me”

 

  “Okay, well, first things first, how do we get out of here?” Susan asked, ignoring the story completely.

 

  “Well, you can get out the way you came in or you can try crossing the waterfall” Nico said, we all nodded, feeling a little stupid we hadn’t thought about that.

 

  We walked over to the edge of the waterfall and jumped in, ending up in a cave full of crystals, which led to a jungle that scared me to death.

 

  “Right, I have to advise you to keep away from the dragons” Nico said, Zach’s eyes lit up.

 

  “We’re going to see dragons! Cool!” he jumped up and down, then went running out of the cave, followed by Susan.

 

  “Keep care of the book” Nico said whilst we stepped into the sunlight.


  “What happens if I don’t?” I asked shrugging, Nico looked at me with a serious face.

 

  “We’re all dead” she whispered and went of leaving me to my darkest thoughts.

 

 

 



© 2013 .


Author's Note

.
Updated finally! Hope u like this chap! ^.^

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

I really can't get over the fact how you changed. XD Maybe it's just me cause I haven't read your works in a while~! Such an amazing write~

Posted 10 Years Ago


.

10 Years Ago

thanks! i worked on my writing a little, im glad to see it's getting better! :D

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

168 Views
1 Review
Added on October 12, 2012
Last Updated on May 5, 2013
Tags: adventure, escape, fantasy


Author

.
.

Milky Way, Solar System, Earth...



Writing
The beach The beach

A Poem by .


My tongue twister My tongue twister

A Poem by .


Poliglot Poliglot

A Poem by .