Chapter 9: David's Point of View

Chapter 9: David's Point of View

A Chapter by Erin
"

Kind of a stupid filler chapter. We see how much David hates Darryl.

"

Chapter 9: David’s Point of View

 

                Before I knew it, Monday approached and it was time for another week. During 1st hour, as I was waiting for biology class to start, Rick came in and stood in front of my table.

                I looked up from the homework I had been doing. “Uh…can I help you?”

                Frowning, he shook his head and paced around. “David, it’s not fair. I still like Katie, and she’s single…but I don’t know how to get her back.”

                I didn’t feel up to helping him with girl problems. “You still like her? Why?”

                “I don’t know! What kind of a question is that?”

                I sighed and continued working on my homework. “I’m just wondering, Rick. You know she wasn’t always the nicest person to be around.”

                “Yeah, but when she was, she was so nice…” he paced in circles. “And she was so hot too. Did you know-“

                “Alright, Rick.” I interrupted him. “I get the picture.”

                He sighed. “Come on…help me.”

                I dropped my pencil and looked up. “Okay. You want my advice?”

                He nodded.

                “Wait a while and see if you keep feeling that way. If it does, try to get her attention. If she doesn’t like you back…just move on.”

                Kids were now coming in, so he shrugged. “We can talk about it later.”

                As it turned out, our teacher was sick, so we had a sub. In other words, it was a free for all class. Rick came over and sat by me as kids started changing seats. “Okay, time to talk.”

                Just then, Darryl made his way over and sat across from us. “Hey guys, I heard you talking about girls. What’s up?”

                Rick laughed. “Wow, Darryl.”

                As he said this, a kid who I recognized from my history class came and sat next to Darryl. I looked at Rick and shrugged.

                Rick looked at the boy, obviously confused. “Uh…hi there.”

                He waved. “Hey. I’m Ryan. Darryl invited me over here.”

                For some reason I felt bugged that Darryl was inviting people over to my table. I decided to let it go. “Hi Ryan. I’m David, and this is Rick.”

                Ryan looked at both of us. “Oh. Hi guys.”

                There was a silence, until Darryl said. “They’re not gay. They were actually just talking about girls. Or at least Rick was.” He laughed to himself. “Maybe David’s gay though…”

                “Shut up Darryl.” I replied sharply.

                There was a silence as Darryl seemed almost speechless, and Rick looked between the two of us, obviously confused. “…Yeah…so…”

                Darryl had recovered now, and jumped back into the conversation. “But you were talking about girls. Tell him, Rick. Maybe Ryan could help you out.”

                Now Rick looked shocked. “What? No, it’s…it’s nothing.”

                “Who is it?” Darryl continued. “Is it still Katie?”

                “Knock it off, Darryl.” I warned him, trying to keep myself from getting mad.

                Rick shrugged. “Yeah…let’s talk about something else.”

                “No, I wanna hear!” Darryl whined.

                Rick hesitated, then said, “Okay fine. Yeah, I still like Katie. There, I said it.”

                Ryan had gone from grinning to looking suddenly serious. “Still? Did you like her before?”

                He nodded. “We went out last year. We broke up over the summer though.”

                “You mean she broke up with you.” Darryl corrected, earning himself a glare from Rick.

                “Yeah, whatever.” Rick replied, rolling his eyes. “I still have feelings for her though, and I don’t know why…”

                Ryan shrugged. “Well, my advice is not to give up. I mean, if you guys should be together, she’ll come back to you. Work on being her friend, and then starting a relationship.”

                There was a silence, until Darryl laughed and said. “Wow, listen to the Love Doctor! Where are you getting this information from? Do you like someone?”

                He shrugged again. “It’s just advice.”

                Darryl wasn’t buying that. “Oh! I know who it is! It’s Cassie, isn’t it? You guys are always together!”

                Ryan seemed suddenly defensive. “Dude, she’s my neighbor. We’ve been best friends since like…kindergarten.”

                Darryl shrugged. “Hm. Well, it was good advice you had. Sorry if I offended you.”

                Seeing Darryl back down like that made me smile. I had gained some sort of respect for Ryan now. He seemed mature for a freshman, and he definitely knew how to treat a girl. Maybe I could get some advice from him…

 

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

 

 

                On our way to lunch, Rick did not seem any happier than he had earlier. He trudged along beside me, staring off into nowhere.

                “Hey.” I said, making him look up. “Go talk to her. She’s in our lunch hour.”

                He shrugged weakly. “Eh…”

                “Come on, Rick. I’ll go to our table and save you a spot, and you go talk to her. Just ask her how things have been.”

                He considered this, then nodded. “Okay. I’ll do it.”

                I grinned. “Good luck.”

                We went our separate ways as he walked slowly over to Katie’s table. I saw the determination on his face, and this made me feel good. Secretly, I was sortof hoping they would get back together. He had always seemed so happy when they were together.

                I sat down at Sean’s table, who greeted me with a nod. As I ate, I watched Rick as he came up to Katie’s table. I wonder what he’s saying…



© 2011 Erin


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

157 Views
Added on November 7, 2011
Last Updated on November 7, 2011


Author

Erin
Erin

Livonia, MI



About
I'm a sophomore in high school who has loved writing since 2nd grade. Lately, I've been working one story on particular, but for now I'll be posting short stories. more..

Writing