Chapter 1- Captive

Chapter 1- Captive

A Chapter by ArchaicDreamer
"

"
Chapter 1
Kytia looked around frantically, peering into the gloom. She could feel her hands bound tightly behind her back and her legs tied together beneath her. She knew she wouldn’t be able to break through of her restraints, they were too strong and tied too tightly. She trembled in fear.
“Scared,” came a satisfied male voice.
The voice was deep and husky and, for reasons unbeknownst to her, she enjoyed listening to it. It soothed her, made her calm and she sensed that, that was not his intent.
“My voice soothes you,” said the male and Kytia noticed that his English was slightly accented, she liked it.
The man chuckled lightly and stepped out of the shadows.
“Hello Kytia,” said the man standing before Kytia.
“Hello,” said Kytia, her voice filled the air and left a faint honeysuckle and rosemary scent in the air.
“Your voice is beautiful, much unlike any other,” said the male, his eyes softened slightly,” You don’t deserve to be locked down here.”
“Don’t I?” asked Kytia.
“We keep spies down here,” he said.
“And traitors,” whispered Kitiya softly.
“What did you do?” asked the male.
“I refused to kill,” said Kitiya, looking at him properly for the first time.
The male was really very male. He had broad shoulders and a narrow waist. All of his muscles were well defined and he was obviously in extremely good shape, as his fitted, black tank top showed quite clearly, but he wasn’t bulky, in fact he seemed built for speed and agility, his muscles strong and streamlined. He wore black combat pants with multiple pockets, sturdy boots and daggers strapped to various parts of his body along with his dark tank. He had piercing green eyes which seemed to glow in the dark and, like all other people of our race- the Nigra-, alabaster skin. He wore his shoulder blade length, black hair in a ponytail tied by an emerald green piece of fabric the same colour as his eyes at the nape of his neck.
“Who?” asked the male, his voice no more than a whisper.
Kytia could tell by the fact that his voice now had a scent that he wasn’t doing what he was told to do, that he was doing what his heart told him to do. His voice had a beautiful scent, like strawberries and mint. It was very fresh and true. It made her smile slightly.
“You’re beautiful when you smile,” said the male, making Kytia blush.
“And even more when you blush,” said the male, making Kytia duck her head in embarrassment.
“I refused to kill anyone,” said Kytia and the male sucked in a breath.
“How did you manage to say that?” he asked.
“I didn’t just say that,” said Kytia,” I swore a vow.”
The males eyes widened in awe as he looked at her.
“How did you manage to go against the will of the Nigret and your own nature?” asked the male.
Kytia lifted her shoulders in a shrug and said,” How do the trees change colour in the autumn? How did the world come to be? How do we never die? I just did. I took my will power and everything good in me and let it burst free.”
“Could you show me how?” asked the male.
“What, how to swear not to kill anyone?” asked Kytia, puzzled.
“No,” he said,” how to go against the will of the Nigret.”
“Why?” asked Kytia.
“Can you not feel it?” asked the male,” There is so much evil in the air here. I never wanted to be pure evil but I sense that should I stay here and succumb to the Nigret’s desires and commands that I will become such a horrible thing.”
“I can feel it,” said Kytia,” I just didn’t expect you to,” she smiled a little,” I suppose I underestimated you. Only those who have great amounts of goodness in them can feel the evil that saturates the air in this godforsaken place. I can show you although I cannot promise that it will work. You realize that as soon as you break free of the Nigret’s will he will sense it and we shall both have to run, never to return?”
“Yes, I realize,” says the male,” I shall gather some things and then I will be back.”
The male returned with a woman’s weapon belt and an assortment of weapons. He also had a pack full of food and water. Kytia noticed that he had a bag for her that had a bunch of black and burgundy material. She also spotted her own plants kit.
“Thank you, thank you,” she exclaimed.
The male laughed.
“I didn’t know what weapons you would like to use so I brought a variety. Why don’t you go through them and chose the ones you want?” he said.
“Could you untie my first?” said Kytia with an amused expression.
“Oh!” said the male,” Sorry!”
“That’s okay,” said Kytia as the male began to untie the knots on her bindings.
When she was unbound she accepted the males hand and he helped her get to her feet. She took a shaky step and the room spun, she stumbled.
“Steady there,” said the male,” I can heal you if you would like.”
“Please,” said Kytia.
“Lie down here,” said the male, patting the floor where he had cleared a large spot.
Kytia lay down on the ground, her back firmly pressed against the cold floor, her arms lying palm up on the floor beside her sides.
The male kneeled on the floor beside her and looked into her beautiful cornflower eyes. He noticed that they had a ring of piercing green colour in them and he wondered the dramatic colour difference could indicate.
“Where does it hurt?” asked the male, seeming to sense that there was more than just dizziness involved in her faintness.
“Everywhere,” said Kytia weakly and the male knew that something was really wrong. Even after knowing her for such little time he could tell that she didn’t generally sound weak and defeated.
He looked at her, the concern shining in his eyes. He went to get a damp cloth from his pack of supplies, intending to clean her a little so that he could look for injuries. He pricked his finger with the sharp edge of a weapon and cussed loudly, “****!”
He shook his hand vigorously but the blood wouldn’t stop coming. Kytia looked up from her prone position on the floor and her eyes locked in on his bleeding finger. He watched as her eyes flashed crimson before returning to their original colour.
“I can help you with that,” said Kytia.
He walked over to her and sat down on the floor giving her his finger. She did something completely unexpected. She brought his finger to her mouth, took it in between her heart shaped lips and sucked softly.
When she pulled away she said, “Your blood tastes better than any other blood I have ever tasted.”
He noticed that her previously pasty complexion had returned to a perfect alabaster but her cheeks were now slightly flushed. Her cornflower blue and piercing green eyes now also had a ring of crimson.
“How come my blood rejuvenated you?” he asked.
“No idea,” said Kytia,” I don’t even know why I sucked your finger. I have only tasted my blood and the blood of my brother as we both got injured badly as children and I ended up getting his blood on my mouth.”


© 2014 ArchaicDreamer


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Great start and gripping piece of write...will come back to read next chapter...

Posted 9 Years Ago


ArchaicDreamer

9 Years Ago

Thank you!
A. Amos

9 Years Ago

You're most welcome my friend

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

220 Views
1 Review
Added on May 13, 2014
Last Updated on May 13, 2014
Tags: broken, hurt, romance, love, torture


Author

ArchaicDreamer
ArchaicDreamer

Hessen, Germany



About
I speak English and German and I am beginning French. I love to write, read and dance. My favourite colours are red, blue, black, grey and white and my favourite bands/ singers are Nickelback, Eminem,.. more..

Writing