Chapter 3- Assassin

Chapter 3- Assassin

A Chapter by ArchaicDreamer

Chapter 3

In her typical blunt fashion Kytia said, "In order for the seperation of your will from the Nigret's you must make a sacrifice and a sort of joining with one outside of his rule."

"Then how do we do it?" Carmon asked, confused.

Kytia looked at his face with a raised eyebrow and then realised he really didn't know. Sighing with exasperation she said, "I'm outside of his rule."

"Oh, I thought it had to be someone who wasn't a Nigra," he said, "What sacrifice do I have to make and what is this 'joining' you speak of?"

"Hmm... well, the sacrifice is different depending on the person but it has to be something major and something costly. The joining is hard to explain but you should know that if we complete it should one of us die the other would also. Are you willing to pay that price?" Seeing Carmon's nod Kytia smiled and shrugged off her jacket.

"What are you doing?" asked Carmon, puzzled.

"I'm baring my arms," Kytia said with a small smile, "Look, this is my enigma."

Carmon looked at the tattoo like snake mark that started just below the centre of the v-neck of her top and went up her cleavage, curving over the top of her left breast before wrapping around her arm and ending on the inside of her wrist as a head of the snake. The mark was completely black except for the forked tongue, which extended from the head at her wrist to the base of her thumb, that was a crimson colour, the same colour as the new ring in her eyes which had appeared when she sucked his bloody finger.

"It's the largest one I've ever seen and so very, very beautiful," whispered Carmon, his voice filled with awe. "I do not know how I missed it earlier."

Kytia laughed a little. "It used to be much bigger. I am very skilled at hiding it,  it invites others to talk about me in ways which would attract the wrong kind of attention... of course that didn't work out," her eyes visibly sadened, "he still found me and made me kill."

Carmon's eyes were filled with sorrow for her but, at the same time, as wide as saucers.

"You were the feared Nigret's Assassin?" he asked.

Kytia nodded sadly.

"Wow," he said, awed, "we all assumed it was a much older guy, not a tiny, 5'4', beautiful girl."

"Shall I tell you a secret?" asked Kytia, her heart telling her to open up to this man even though they had to hurry.

"Yes," said Carmon without hesitation, wanting to know everything about the mysterious female.

"I was but twelve years old when I started working for the Nigret as his killer," she whispered, the fear that he would be ashamed of her evident in her voice.


© 2014 ArchaicDreamer


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

147 Views
Added on May 13, 2014
Last Updated on May 13, 2014
Tags: assassin, story


Author

ArchaicDreamer
ArchaicDreamer

Hessen, Germany



About
I speak English and German and I am beginning French. I love to write, read and dance. My favourite colours are red, blue, black, grey and white and my favourite bands/ singers are Nickelback, Eminem,.. more..

Writing