Serena's Start

Serena's Start

A Chapter by Jennifer
"

Serena keeps of jewel which was given to her by her father, and that jewel can take a human form but that body is in the claimer's body. And her name is Luna.

"

 

          I open my eyes, a clear blue sky and the sunshine is blocking my sight. I stand and I see a girl. She had bright blue eyes the color of the sea with blonde hair with a dark brown dye on the bottom of the hair.

          She was in the middle of the street… Crossing and Talking. What is that in her hand? A phone?

I see a truck coming towards her… A familiar truck. Where have I seen it before

          It’s getting near her… Why can’t I move? I need to save her. Can I speak?

          I yell as loud as I can.

          “MOVE! SERENA!” I yell with my heart's content. How did I know her name?

          She looks at me weirdly. She says something, but I can’t hear! What is she saying? I knit my brows and c**k my head.

          The truck is getting nearer.

          “YOU HAVE TO MOVE!”

          She sees the truck, drops the phone, and runs…

          Too late.

          I wake up with a jolt.

          I look around. Walls… my pictures… tables. It’s my room.

          “Phew,” I mumble. I have been having that dream for years now. Ever since--,”

          “Hey Serena, move your butt and go to school!” mother demands.

          I groan.

          Iit’s always that dream. I see a girl getting hit by a truck. But the one about to get hit looks suspiciously like me, and the girl yelling is someone else. But why am I always at her point of view? It’s as if… someone else is in my body, and that dream is theirs. Maybe I should go see a psychiatrist to see if I have multi personality

  Pft… Like a person like me would have another personality.

          I brushed my teeth and washed my face tiredly. When I finished, I dragged my feet in the hallway to my room. I took off my pajamas and dug around my drawer attempting to look for my white spaghetti strap. When I found it, it turned out it was in the drawer below. I really need to organize my drawers... I put it on and wore my plaid 

 I get my necklace my father gave me. It was a small crescent shaped moon. It was the color of the real moon, a white moon with a hint of real gold.

          He told me to always put it on no matter what. He said that it would be my protector. I just thought it was some joke. However, after he died, I’ve been wearing it every single day.

          I go outside and smell the fresh air of morning and start running like crazy. Running is something I love doing, and nothing feels better then the air whistling across your face. As I slowly start seeing the school building, I start to jog and start walking once I saw Shay.

          He waves. I wave back. I ran towards him, and suddenly my attack comes at me once again. I’ve been having these attacks ever since… I curl up into a ball and I see weird scenes.

          A girl is crossing the same familiar street. She looks extremely familiar and she’s talking. No one’s with her so it looks like she’s talking to herself. Then I see my necklace… on her neck. What? What’s going on?! That’s MY necklace that MY father gave me, but this… this is impossible. I don’t remember ever losing it or giving it to anyone. Or maybe it was before I lost my mem"

          Suddenly a voice interrupts, “Are you okay? Is it the attack again?” it’s Shay!

          “Sh…ay?” I squint and the world is spinning. My head starts hurting. He grabs my hand and helps me up

          “Hey are you getting any better?” I shake my head. I always have these attacks at the most random times and it’s driving me insane. Well, I’m still sane but you know…

          I look around and people are looking at me with jealousy   

         “Anytime,” He smiles

         “Yo SHAY!!” A guy comes running to him. “It’s a…,” He looks around “Girl,” He sticks his tongue out. When Shay hears that he scratches the back of his head.

          “Not again…” he says shyly. They start walking towards the school building.

          “Suck it up Mr. Popular, and reject that poor little girl like you always do,” I hear his friend say.

          “Stop making me sound like I’m the bad guy!” he yelled.

           “Tsk, tsk, tsk… Why don’t you just admit it? Making poor girls cry…” A fake tear rolled down his face. That guy is really awkward… How is he even close with Shay?

          I rid of the dust on my pants and look up.

          Shay looked back and mouthed, “See you later after school?”

          I nod and smile. YESSSSS! Today is already a good day, leaving out my awkward attack just now.

          We were in the same class last year and we sat next to each other. So we pretty much talked to each other enough to make his lovers hate me.

          They harass me every now and then… but… I can never understand what happens. I feel like get knocked out of my own body. Every time I wake up to reality I always see them gone, nowhere to be seen.

          I go to my classes always avoiding glares and insults because of my attacks also because of Shay (but nothing will stop my love). I promised myself that I will keep my head high and keep going because of some s****y excuse of insults.

          I was at 6th period impatiently waiting to get to know why Shay wanted to see my after school. I was getting really antsy. I sat near the back corner so I couldn’t see the clock too well but I could at least estimate what the time was by closely looking at the blurry black long and short lines. However, this time the stupid glare from the window just made my day. I glance at Shay who was sitting two tables in front then diagonally to the left. Shay looks toward me and smiles.

          He gets a piece of paper and gets his favorite blue pen, and I actually happened to have a matching one. He folds the paper and slides past my table leaving a note and gets a tissue pretending to blow his nose.

          I open it up and it read: Remember to meet after school. It’s important.           I look at him and I nod and he goes back to work. Now I was even antsier.

          The teacher told us to pack up to get ready to leave and my legs were jittering up and down and my hands were trying to get rid of an irritating tape piece that was on my tables throughout the school year and only managed to get the corner off before the bell rang and my nail broke. I stood up and looked for Shay.

          I felt a light tap on my shoulders. I turn and I see Shay.

          “Let’s go?” he asks, I nod

           “Where exactly are we going?” I ask out of curiosity.

          “A place where we went to a lot,”

          “But we never",” I kept thinking… we never really went out together or anything as much as I wanted to.

          We entered a café called “Loft”. We sat down and we both ordered a peach juice.

          “So, nothing is recovering back to you?” He asks.

          “What?” I don’t under stand what he’s saying

          He suddenly gets a knife out. Wait. What’s going on? And he starts to cut himself. Wait! Since when was Shay emo!? Why didn’t I know about this! I start panicking. He winced and I start seeing blood.

           “Wait Shay. What are you do--,” and my attack haunts me again.



© 2011 Jennifer


Author's Note

Jennifer
Enjoyy~<3

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Wow great chapter. it was a bit tense and i love the cliffhanger. ^^

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

173 Views
1 Review
Added on April 16, 2011
Last Updated on April 30, 2011


Author

Jennifer
Jennifer

Los Angeles, CA



About
☆I'm just your average middle school girl☆ A bit about me... Well first off, I'm 100% Korean. I was born in America so I'm kinda bad at Korean :P... It's kinda hard to have a conversati.. more..

Writing
Gift Gift

A Chapter by Jennifer


City Splendor City Splendor

A Chapter by Jennifer


Qualia Qualia

A Book by Jennifer