Last Transmission

Last Transmission

A Chapter by Damac
"

Two Operators at the Peakdale Operation School receive a strange transmission.

"
June 23rd 2007 8:47 AM

The boy sat at A desk watching a computer monitor. His job was simple, monitor the radar systems and radio traffic of Operation School. He had been up all night working the night shift so that he may try and enjoy himself in the morning. His shift ended at 9:00 AM.
"What I don't understand is why we have to do this work. Especially during summer."
A girl, the only other person in the room, answered his question, "It's our Job."
"Yeah but we're just kids, we shouldn't have to do this during the summer."
"It's only for today, so that we don't have to get called away from our vacation for somehing. We are just makong sure nothing to radical is going on in the country before we shut the system down for a few months."
"Yeah well nothings going on, can we leave now."
"Just be patient. Only fourteen minutes now."

The two sat inthe room for five more minutes. Nothing strange showed up on the radar, nothing interesting came through the radio.
"Alright, i'm leaving the boy said."
"No, no, come listen to this, I just picked it up."
The boy walked over to the girls seat and put on a pair of head-phones. He heard deep breathing followed by static.
"So what?"
"Shhh!"
"Well, well... What do we have..." A voice said, interrupted by radio static.  "How are you Eli? Now Eli we have some catching up to do. I haven't seen you since... ay,it's been a long time."
"Who is this guy?" The boy said.
"I don't know but let me try and locate the signal."
"Now Eli, I let you live last time. And all you do is... again? Pity you lost your entire squad. Again."
"I think I know who the one gettin talked to is." the girl said.
"Ya duh, it's this guy Eli."
"No, no I mean I know his story, and I think I know who hes talking to.
"As much as I want to kill you Eli, I have already promised you to someone else." The voice continued.
"Thank you Lee, Eli will be the perfect subject for project Desolater"
 "Boyd..." 
"Who's Boyd?" The boy said. The girl had a look of horror on her face.
"John Boyd! The senator who proposed Operation School? Do you really not know who that is? And Lee must be Lee Culiopi, the Special Operations leader."
"S**t, lets hope this isn't the same Boyd."
"Yes, I know this must be a shocker Eli, but just trust me." Boyd began to say. "What I'm gonna do to you and a little V.I.P I have, is much more important than Operation School."
 The sound of something being drageed and then hit against metal came through the radio.
"Goodbye, Eli." They heard Boyd say, followed by something shutting. Something knokcking up against something else. And then silence.

"We need to tell someone." The boy said.
"Agreed, I know exactly who to call." The girl pressed a button on her own radio.
"Andrew S14, you and your squad are to report to the Peakdale Middle School immediatley. We've got a new assignment for you."


© 2011 Damac


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

101 Views
Added on June 5, 2011
Last Updated on June 5, 2011


Author

Damac
Damac

New York City, NY



About
I'm just a writer looking for a place where I can write without limitations! I am currently Writing Four Stories: Operation School: What Lies Ahead - A sequel to my first ever work of writing, O.. more..

Writing
Chapter I: The Calm Chapter I: The Calm

A Chapter by Damac


The Regulator The Regulator

A Book by Damac