Part 2

Part 2

A Chapter by Danav




Finding the way back to the cottage was not as easy as I thought and when I was on the verge of giving up and sitting beside the road and cry when I finally remembered that it was even further down the road.  After finally getting back home I realized that it was another day until I started work, which meant another day of me thinking about the stranger I met at the post office. Well, I didn't really meet him and I am sure that he didn't even see me. But I saw him, and now I couldn't get him out of my mind. My mind was running a thousand miles an hour. What was that feeling? Was I just imagining everything because he was gorgeous? I probably just was, but still something happened in there. I think.

As the next day came along I was regretting my decision of leaving home. I missed my family and friends terribly and called them too many times. I tired telling myself that this was a good thing for me, being independed and all but the feeling, or the fear of being alone almost got the best of me.

As I opened the black door I could feel my heart beating way too fast. My morning started early since I couldn't decide on what to wear. After standing on front of the mirror for ages I finally decided on wearing black trousers and a white blouse with black stripes, professional but still young and was what I was aiming for. My hair ruined my outfit and was a mess after the wind got the best of it. The room I entered was bright with white walls and bright grey floor. Behind a wooden desk sat a gorgeous brunette with full lips and blue eyes who was typing fast on the computer. She looked up and a smile plastered her face. "You must be Leonora, welcome to Flymen, I'm Isabelle" She said in a british accent. "Just Lea is fine, thank you" I returned the smile. "I have to ask, how do you curl your hair?" She asked me, and at that moment I knew we would become best friends. I answered her question explaining that it's my "horse hair" that makes the curls stay put. All of the sudden I hear someone call "SISTER" and I turn around. In front of me stands a tall bald guy in his early thirties wearing a blue shirt. "Lea, meet Zac" Isabelle says to me while laughing. I knew who Zac was since he was the one who hired me and we had talked on the phone. I did not know how he looked or how old he was. We shook hands and I introduced myself. Zac showed me around the office which had almost 30 employers. Apperently he called everyone sister or brother. I wasn't sure if it was just a way of not remembering any names.

Almost everyone was around my age and most of them were talking on the phone or typing into their computer. Many of them offered a smile and I returned it fast. The office was huge and everyone had their own desk. I spent the day with Zac and even though I had a hard time focusing because of his humor I managed to get the hang of it. At lunch I got the chance of meeting some of my co-workers, who were all very friendly, their names slipped my mind though. The job itself wasn't very difficult. My job was basically documenting everything. I had to call the boats ask them how much fish they had catched, what kind of fish, the price and type it into the computer. There were many boats so it was a lot to do, but it seemed easy enough. As I was getting ready to leave at four pm. Zac came up to me."Sister, me and some friends are going to Greg's tonight, it's a bar just down the street, you should come, make some friends, meet some cute guys, you know what I mean?" He winked. That was another thing I noticed with Zac, he always said "You know what I mean". "Sure I'd love to, when?" "We'll meet you there at eight, I have to leave early though, I have the boss at home you know" "The boss?" "My wife, sister" He answered while giving me a smile. We said goodbye and I was on my way home happy with my first day at my new job. I had feeling that I was really going to like it there.

I entered "Greg's" at four past eight wearing a gold and white blouse. I quickly found Zac sitting by the bar with a small group of people. The bar was very English with small booths and music playing in the background. Some people were standing outside drinking beer. As I walked up to Zac and the rest of the group I was feeling a bit nervous but my nerves soon calmed down after  everyone greeted me with a hug. There were three other guys and two girls. One of the girls was Isabelle and the other was a pretty blonde named Elena, or was it Eleanor? I couldn't remember the guy's names but one of them was blonde and drinking beer like it was water. They all worked together and I recognized one of the guys from work, I think his name was Max. After 30 minutes of laughing and finishing my first beer I was really enjoying myself. I excused myself needing to use the bathroom. As I returned to the bar I saw a familiar face and my stomach dropped. It was the guy from the post office. He was wearing all black again, but this time a leather jacket. He was laughing but as soon as he saw me his smile faded out. His smile was devastatingly beautiful. I took a seat next to Isabelle and ordered a glass of water. The blonde guy spoke up "Henry this is Leonora" he almost yelled. The curly haired man with the black clothes gave me a cold look and then looked away. "Don't mind him, he can be a total ashole sometimes, especially to new people" Isabelle whispered in my ear. I nodded and sipped my water.


As the clock struck 11 and everyone were getting drunk I was feeling tired and decided that I wanted to go home. Zac had already left and Isabelle was going home with Max. Apperantly they have had a thing for a while now but their relationshop was still "undefined". I was upset that this Henry guy was treating me like air, and hadn't looked at me once since the blonde guy introduced me. His name was Nate I later found out. The rest of the group didn't seem to mind that they had to work the next day. Henry did not speak to me and I was feeling beyond annoyed at this guy. Who does he think he is? Just because he's good looking doesn't give him the right to be rude. Nate offered to drive me home but after the amount of beer he had consumed I had to say no. After hugging everyone goodbye except from Henry I left the bar.

It was raining and the wind was making me shiver, I instantly regrettet wearing my thin black jacket. I didn't like walking home alone in the dark being surrounded by the woods and was almost running, wanting to get home as soon as possible. After walking for a couple of minutes a black Audi pulled up beside me. I got scared and started increasing my pace. The window rolled down and I insantly recognized the curls, it was Henry behind the wheel. "You'll catch a pneumonia, hop in". He said with his british accent. His eyes looking at the road and not at me. "Come on mate, drive" Nate whined from the back. I was soaked but was not planning on getting in the same car as him. "I like walking, thanks though" I answered and picked up my pace. He started driving next to me "Look, if it were up to me I would let you walk home but Isabelle asked me to drive you and I don't want her to give me s**t if something happens to you, so jump in." He answered with a cold tone. I debated in my head for two seconds and decided that I had to swallow my pride and jump in the car. I could get sick for real. Nate was now asleep his limbs all over the back seat. It was quiet, so quiet that I hadn't realized how fast we were going. "You know you'll kill all three of us at that speed and bet I'm not the person you want to spend your last seconds with" I said in a hushed tone, not wanting to wake Nate up."What makes you think that?" He answered just as quiet, his eyes still not meeting mine. "I don't know, maybe because you haven't looked at me once" was the only answer I could give him. He turned his head around, looking at me. His eyes met mine for the first time and I quickly turned my head around, looking back at the road. He didn't answer me; instead he slowed down and found the way to the cottage by himself. "Thanks for the ride" I said in a cold tone and a nod was the only answer I got. As I started walking away from the car a window was rolled down. I turned my head expecting Nate to throw up. But it wasn't Nate, it was Henry. "Have a good night, Leonora" he said as a smirk plastered his face. For the second time that evening his green eyes met mine. I didn't have time to answer him as he drove away leaving me standing alone. The only thing I could think about was the fact that this rude man remembered my name.


© 2018 Danav


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

113 Views
Added on January 29, 2018
Last Updated on January 29, 2018
Tags: #love, #fiction, #fantasy


Author

Danav
Danav

Sweden



Writing
Part 1 Part 1

A Chapter by Danav


Part 3 Part 3

A Chapter by Danav


Part 4 Part 4

A Chapter by Danav