Part 4

Part 4

A Chapter by Danav

I could feel that my heartbeat had increased. "Relax Eleonora, it's just looks, there's nothing more to him" I reminded myself. "Oh so now you're ignoring me?" Henry said. "Sorry what? I didn't hear you" I replied. He gave me weird look. "I said, how are you liking the job so far?" He answered sarcastically. "Oh it's great, I mean, everyone is really nice and the job is easy enough." I answered honestly. Henry nodded and remained quiet. After driving for a couple of minutes in silence I felt the need to touch him. Just to see if I would experience the feeling again. "Get yourself together" I told myself. "I like that blouse on you." he said, eyes still on the road. Where did that come from? "Thank you, I guess." I liked black on him but I would never tell him that. He was wearing a suit today, which made him look more mature and even more handsome. "What do you mean, with I guess?" He asked. Eyebrows wrinkled together and looking upset. "Well I mean how would you know? You have been ignoring me until like three seconds ago." I replied, giving him a cold look. He turned his head around and was looking at me. "Just because I don't talk doesn't mean I'm blind". That shut me up. I didn't have a comeback so I remained quiet for the rest of the car ride. He eventually drove up to the cottage.

"Thank you for the ride, again." I said, wanting to jump out of the car as soon as possible. I don't know why but the tension was getting the best of me. "No problem." Henry replied and I jumped out of the car. I took fast steps wanting to get inside as fast as possible. As I was unlocking my door I heard Henry call after me. "Leonora wait! You forgot your cardholder!" He said while walking towards me. I reached out my hand for the cardholder but he didn't give it back to me. Instead, he cornered me and I took a step back so my back was pushed against the door. He put his hands on the wooden door, with me in between his arms, but still not touching me. He was much taller than me, making me feel tiny. I felt a mixture of fear and and excitement. My breath started increasing. What was he doing? His face was only inches away from mine now and green eyes were staring at me. He came closer and I was almost hyperventilating. Still, we weren't touching yet. "Leonora.." He whispered, his eyes searching my face and they finally locked on my lips. His eyes lingered there for a while. Seconds, minutes, I wasn't sure but time stopped at that moment. I closed my eyes and suddenly his lips were brushing mine. I wanted to explode and kiss him properly, but I didn't. I was just starting to comprehend what happened when suddenly I felt nothing. "This was a mistake." He mumbled and walked back to his car in a rush and drove away. Leaving me breathless, again.

I cried that night. A lot. I've never been so humiliated by someone. He almost kissed me and told me that it was a mistake. That I wasn't worthy of that kiss. I spoke to my best friends for over two hours, telling them every detail and then I did some more crying.

When I woke up the next morning my eyes were puffy and my head was aching. I straightened my hair and put on a pair of white trousers and a flowery top. At least my outfit looked cheerful. I had to put on extra makeup to cover how much I had cried last night. And then I remembered. My bike wasn't here. God I hated that man more by the minute. Now I had to walk to work as well. I put on my headphones listening to Sam Smith and started walking while breathing in the fresh air. I really loved the surrounding here, it made me think clearer. I was singing to the lyrics when a red sports car pulled up next to me. I slowed down my pace and took my headphones out while trying to see who was behind the wheel. The windows were dimmed so I couldn't see anything. It was frightening being here alone in the forest so I started walking fast again, ignoring the fact that a car just had stopped next to me. "What are you doing? Get in the car!" his voice echoed in the forest. I would recognise that voice anywhere by now. Henrys voice. I didn't reply and put my ears phones back on, ignoring him. I could hear that he was trying to talk to me but I wasn't interested in hearing him out. Then all of the sudden two strong arms scooped me up and carried me. I started kicking and screaming "Let go of me! You're crazy!" But he didn't let go until he had put me in the passenger seat and locked the door. The car, smelling of Henrys perfume was gorgeous, just like him today. Wearing a gold and black jacket he looked better than ever. "This is kidnapping, you can get arrested!" I yelled. "Where am kidnapping you to? Work?" He replied sarcastically, rolling his eyes. I crossed my arms and looked out of the passenger window. I had no intention of speaking to him ever again. "Why did you walk to work? I told you I was going to pick you up." He asked, sounding upset like he hadn't humiliated me 16 hours ago. I didn't answer him. "Can you answer my question?" Now he sounded really upset. I still didn't give him an answer. "Are you never going to talk to me again?" His voice was calm now, sweet even. "No." I replied. I was dying for him to touch me. To do something, but I did everything in my power to shut those feelings down. I didn't come here to get my heart broken or to be treated like I wasn't deserving. "Look, I shouldn't have walked away yesterday, I'm sorry." I could se from the corner of my eye that he had turned his head around, looking at me. "Cool." I say without emotion. "Cool? Are you serious? What are you? Twelve?" He asked, looking at me. I turned my head around, avoiding eye contact. We had arrived at the office by now. I tried to open the door but it was locked. "Can you open the door please?" I asked and turned my head around to face him. His eyes met mine and I found myself wondering how it would feel to kiss him, but properly. Suddenly he took up his left hand and brushed my right cheek slowly. I felt my skin burning from his touch and my heart was beating twice as fast as it did ten seconds ago. "You truly are beautiful, I'm sorry that I made you cry." He said in a low voice, his hand still lingering on my cheek. He could see that I had been crying. I wasn't sure what to reply and closed my eyes for a second when suddenly I heard a knock on the window. "My sister! My boss!" I didn't have to turn around to know who that was. And just like that Henry removed his hand leaving me aching for more.


© 2018 Danav


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

116 Views
Added on January 29, 2018
Last Updated on January 29, 2018
Tags: #love, #romance, #fantasy


Author

Danav
Danav

Sweden



Writing
Part 1 Part 1

A Chapter by Danav


Part 2 Part 2

A Chapter by Danav


Part 3 Part 3

A Chapter by Danav