Prologue

Prologue

A Chapter by Dane Hurst

Standing in the middle of a corn field, patiently waiting for the end to rear it ugly darken head round the corner "I await the justice system to take it's hold upon me", I hear their sirens sound in the distance like thunder at the start of a storm, sweetening strawberries and cream I can taste the very thing I have been craving since I started this, the end is in sight so clean and so soothing. Dawn approaches the sunlight grazes across the sky like stardust shift through space, for the first time since it began again I feel something real an emotion, the wind gently scraping across my face the end is sight "I'm ready take me", the sirens stop they are here the feeling I had is gone, now I wait.
"Remember people he has a hostage and will not hesitate to kill him, we need to get them both out alive got" the captain was scared and unable to assure his team that the hostage will be safe, silently he prayed "please god, the horrors I have witness here to save this one". I felt content, adrenaline pulsing through my body, hands soaked in blood shaking, I have never felt so alive but I felt empty, my purpose was to hunt those who tormented me, suddenly 13 months gone and nothing left for me. Surrounding the corn field quickly swat teams move in on suspect last known location, "sir, the dogs have some thing" a rush comes over me, "let's move and find Nick O'Tool before that psychopath does'. I hear them now closing in, Nick lays below me with 19 stab wounds in his chest, I know he's dead because his eyes are just staring at me, no life or soul in them and I feel normal again.
"Trent Kassidy, this is DCI Frank Clint from the metropolitan police, we know your here, your are surrounded by armed police officers, Do Not Attempt Escape", he thinks I want to escape this, I murdered this man and his friends and their families for what they had done to me the years of bullying, name calling psychological torture drove me to give in to this insanity, they made me do this; "hold it right there" little red dots float onto my chest like dragon flies gliding through the air an army of police surround me with guns, so stop to vomit of the corpse rest beside me, "GET DOWN ON THE F*****G GROUND FREAK" my face a scarred mess covered in blood and after all those people put me through these a******s do the same.

Defective Chief Inspector Clint arrives to see the emotionless face of a cold dead stare of a disturbed man, for a moment he could not take his eyes off him then he looked at the body "why did they have to die tonight" he asked feeling a connection with the darken shell of a murderer in front of him 'Because Mr. Clint it's what they wanted", as Kassidy was taken away he never took his eyes off of Clint he shivered during the experience "Sir, dispatch has called in 5 more victims in a house half a mile away, it's something out of a horror movie". Before the door on the back of the escort van was close Clint leapt into the back a question his deranged suspect "how many have you killed tonight, how long have you done this, why are you so calm?" In a chilling response "They all force me, they all deserved it, look at my face, these scars was their amusement, now their screams and their pain is my salvation", the van leaving heading off into the night, blood tainted to field and the aroma of death lingered, who was Trent Kassidy and why did he kill.


© 2017 Dane Hurst


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

101 Views
Added on April 2, 2014
Last Updated on February 10, 2017


Author

Dane Hurst
Dane Hurst

Guildford, Surrey, United Kingdom



About
I'm a guy with an imagination that spins into stories thought I give them a try more..

Writing