Take My Hand

Take My Hand

A Poem by Dani California
"

This piece contains a graphic photo and disturbing content.

"

 

 

Take my hand and follow me,

I’ll lead you to a place, 

where children have no food

and flies nest on their face. 

 

Take my hand and follow me,

I’ll show you another land,

where butchered moms and dads 

once tried to take a stand.

 

Take my hand and follow me,

we’ll travel far and wide,

and watch the tiny children play 

in fields where land mines hide.  

 

Take my hand and follow me,

we’ll walk right down the street,

where little Johnny was beaten  

by a man dressed in a sheet.  

 

Take my hand and follow me,

we’ll bow our heads and pray,

that no more have to suffer

and peace will find its way.

 

 

 

 

© 2008 Dani California


Author's Note

Dani California
This is harsh, I realize, though it is a day to day reality for many. It will not just go away by turning away -- we need to open our eyes and our hearts and pray for peace and healing.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I think if its harsh , its in a good way. You're right, this is a terrible reality and it shouldn't have to be this way. But unfortunatly for many, this is the way it is. There are so many injustices.. so many tragedies. But society has gotten used to them, they occur so often. And that's just not right. That's why I really appreciate writers who tell it how it is. Good job.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

It is harsh, but the truth often is. I think it's good that you wrote this. We so often delude ourselves with thoughts of "everything will be fine," "everything IS fine," etc., and while it may be so for us, there are many less fortune people who will never have such a good existence. Pieces and pictures like this remind us that the world can be this way and that it's our duty to try to improve it. Bravo. :)

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This is very disturbing. No one should have to live like that. It is a very heartbreaking and moving piece. You did a great job expressing the message. Very well done!!

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This is powerful. This poem takes us into visualization of how bad things are in places we don't often think about. It really takes attention away from ourselves and puts it on the pain and suffering in the world. Thank you for this.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

We do need to open in our own eyes. Know seens to realize that it's happen right in our own backyard. We just sit there, telling ourself that it's not are problem and we can't do anything for them but here we are in our cars or just walking along the road. We see animal beaten and we take it in. We can't even do that for our own kind.!!!!!

That is what scares me the death. This is a eye opener, a light showing through the crack side walks.
I hope many help over the holiday's beacuse it not about buying people things. It's about giving what can't be given. Your love and blessing, your helping hand for someone who can't seeing. I love your heart woman!! THANK YOU FOR WRITING AN EYE OPENER. I'm grateful to have you as one of my friends on here!! Thanks for sharing your message.

Take my hand and follow me,
we'll walk right down the street
where little Johnny was beaten
by a man dressed in a sheet............this just broke my heart cus I know it happens..:(...


Happy Holiday's my dear friend!
Your blessing
Much love n respect,
Anna

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Startling its true. but true it is all the same. This is a good way to start. To start opening our eyes.
Harsh but beautiful.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I bow in respect to this write and the writer. It is a voice that needs to be heard and words that need to be read, understood, and acted up on. Harsh though truth may be, it needs, pleads, cries to be told.
The ugliness is still there because many chose to daydream their lives away in the hope that wars will stop on their own and famines will fade away with wishful thinking but, we, all of us who are able to act, MUST start now before it's too late, before our children curse our memories for what we will leave for them.
"Take My Hand"-- A much needed call for action.
Many respects, my friend


Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

this is a wonderful write Dani..i missed your writing
as i missed your being around..and not showing around a lot like before
Take my hand and follow me,
I'll show you another land
where butchered moms and dads
once tried to take a stand.and you are right dear..some will never believe that at these times there are such lands where children ..mothers and poor people are butchered like animals to this day..where some can never have anything to eat ..no shelter to sleep like decent humans should..who could stand such things at least we do tell about it and not just turn our heads like nothing is happening
Take my hand and follow me,
we'll travel far and wide
and watch the tiny children play
in fields where land mines hide. oh yes thats where they play in minefields
we'll bow our heads and pray
that no more have to suffer
and peace will find its way.
wonderful words dear..i just loved reading this
wonderful write..




Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Very raw and honest yet written with beauty and compassion...an extremely moving and eye opening piece of work here...



Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Indeed, my friend, indeed!

:(

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I was once admonished because my writing was too "harsh", too "in your face". My reply was that my words were the truth and if the truth is hard to read, imagine what it must be like for those who live it.

I admire you for writing so eloquently and honestly in this beautiful piece. Makes it hard for someone to turn their eyes away and that is its intended purpose - to enlighten. I believe there is great hope for this world of ours because of people like you. Shine on my friend, the world desperately needs you.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


2
next Next Page
last Last Page
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1379 Views
21 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 3 Libraries
Added on December 22, 2008
Last Updated on December 24, 2008

Author

Dani California
Dani California

CA



About
A Noiseless Patient Spiderby Walt Whitman A noiseless patient spider, I mark'd where on a little promontory it stood isolated, Mark'd how to explore the vacant vast surrounding, It launch'd fort.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..