Andromeda's Fury

Andromeda's Fury

A Chapter by Shley De
"

Not really sure were the story's headed

"
 

As the doors to the grand hall opened, Leila evaporated, silently watching as the Summer Queen entered.

Where is she?” the Summer Queen demanded.

Andromeda...” The Dark King stood, “What brings you to my kingdom?”

The Summer Queen swept her gaze across the throne room and then placed it back on the Dark King, “Where is your fey known as Leila?”

The Dark King quickly glanced to where Leila once stood before vanishing and back at the simmering Summer Queen, “I do not know where she has gone.”

Liar!” the Summer Queen sighed with frustration.

From the unseen shadows, chaos moved towards the two royalty fey. The anger emitting from Andromeda was enchanting to her aura, and she drank it in.

That fey killed two of my own! You must control her, Malik, or the Summer Court will have plenty reason to star war on your kingdom.”

Malik shook his head, “You know she cannot help herself, dear friend. My fey crave such discord. They live off of the fear and lust of others. Blood is their addiction. You cannot possibly expect them to change the nature of their ways, can you?”

I can and I will. Tell Leila to stop, or you will feel the wrath of the summer court. My king and fey will not stand by and allow this injustice to take place.”

The Dark King watched as Andromeda stormed out, leaving scorch marks on the entrance frame. As she left, Leila came into view once more.

Leila,” Malik sighed, “You're so troublesome.”

She smiled in pride and sauntered towards him, “Maybe a little war is needed, my lord. Our fey grow weaker each day. They are constantly restricted by that Summer Court. Our fey need to indulge in the discord, as you said.”

Leila, please,” Malik intervened, “We do not want a war. It would be too much discord.”

He reached for her. Leila frowned in frustration and pulled her hand from Malik's reach. She stomped down the steps and stood at the entrance, “We all need some chaos to enjoy life, my lord. And if you cannot recognize that for your fey then I will.”

With that, the embodiment of chaos itself left his kingdom, leaving the Dark King alone in his throne room. Malik stood and walked to the center of the room. He closed his eyes and took a deep breath.

Maybe she is right...but why does it feel so wrong?”



© 2010 Shley De


Author's Note

Shley De
suggestions for next chapter?

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

141 Views
Added on June 11, 2010
Last Updated on June 11, 2010


Author

Shley De
Shley De

Hope Valley, RI



About
Universal Love! Treat everyone with dignity and respect. Care for others and make a difference in the world. Everyone deserves kindness. Be true to yourself and live life to the fullest. more..

Writing
Stitches Stitches

A Poem by Shley De