Finding My Way

Finding My Way

A Poem by De Hoyos

There was a point in my past years where all I could feel was being lost. I did not belonged anywhere I went, felt as if I was not part of any equation whatsoever. I felt alone, un important and just useless. I did not know what to do but to just keep on living (whatever that meant). I was woken to the point that I was losing a piece of myself every day, losing sight of who I was, of who I was meant to become. Not being my true self is what I felt like and it was a feeling I never felt before. However, the day you are at the lowest you have ever been, feeling lower than the bottom of a grave to the point where all you can think of doing is giving up, is the day something wakes up inside you that tells you to keep on moving..because every little step is a step closer to finding the path you once drifted off from. It doesn’t matter how long it takes as long as you are moving. Whatever is telling you to not quit, listen to it, and it’ll lead you to the road you were destined to go. We all find our way back to the person we were once before we knew what life really was. Just never lose sight.

© 2022 De Hoyos


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

56 Views
Added on March 20, 2022
Last Updated on October 21, 2022

Author

De Hoyos
De Hoyos

TX



About
A love worth fighting for is a love worth risking everything❤🐢 more..

Writing