The Message.

The Message.

A Chapter by Rae

          “Mr. Stephens? It’s time for your medication now.”

          “Is he even awake?”

          “Mm hmm. He woke up a few hours ago. He’s doing a little better, but not much. I’m a little worried. By the way, the family is coming in later for a visit. They’ll be glad to see his face is healing and he’s actually recognizable now. But he keeps trying to say something and no matter how hard I try, I just can’t understand him well enough to decipher it. I catch an ‘m’ sound, but that’s all.”

“Really? I wonder what he could be saying. Any ideas?”

“Not a single one. I can’t think of anything he could be trying to say. But I believe that within the next week or two, we should know. Maybe his daughters can help us figure it out. I see a strong connection between him and the younger one. Gosh, is she beautiful.”

“The older one, too. He’s fortunate to have such gorgeous children. Any children at all.” The nurse sighed the last sentence with a silent, rippling tear.

“Myrtle, it isn’t so bad. And that wasn’t your fault. You didn’t close the elevator door on yourself. It was that awful woman of John’s, not you. You must let go. It was so long ago, dear. You couldn’t have done a thing to help it.”

Myrtle only sucked in a sharp, harsh breath. After a moment of dead silence aside from the beeping of machines, she spoke, her tone soft. “Okay.”

“T… W… M… I… S… M…”

“Mr. Stephens, we need you to concentrate. What are you trying to say, Mr. Stephens?”

“I-it…” Horribly muffled, but his first word since the accident. “It… Wa… Was…” Two words. Two words and an attempt at a third. Then, nothing but a raging fit of violent retching and coughing.

“It was? What was what?”

“Come on, we shouldn’t strain him. Let’s let him rest and then maybe tomorrow we can get it out of him. Let’s go before we get ourselves into trouble.”

“Alright. Should we report this?”

“No! No, let’s just let it be so that they don’t bother him until we understand his message. Come on, let’s go now.”

“Okay, fine.”



© 2012 Rae


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

@dear.heart, thanks soooooo much!!!!!

Posted 12 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Rae
Lol, thanks!(: I'll work reeeally fast for you! :D

Posted 12 Years Ago


This is AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!! Really!!!!!!! HONEST!!!!!!! I am SOOOOO EXCITED FOR THE NEXT CHAPTER!!!!!!!! TEEEHEEE!!!!!!!!!!

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

101 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on February 26, 2012
Last Updated on February 26, 2012


Author

Rae
Rae

Southeast Nowhere, TX



About
I'll start by saying that I'm a strong Catholic Christian. So if you plan to say rude things to me concerning my religion, I would thank you kindly to leave. I would gladly answer questions about our .. more..

Writing
Floating. Floating.

A Story by Rae


This Is Reality. This Is Reality.

A Poem by Rae


Back to Basics. Back to Basics.

A Poem by Rae