Angel's Funeral

Angel's Funeral

A Story by Beckuuuh Grossack

kye sat in the church her dad on her right and Charlie at her left. She was looking down at her lap. She couldn’t look at the priest or the casket. Her mind was blank. She was listening to what the priest was saying but it didn’t seem to stay in her head. She’d hear it in her mind but as soon as they were said the words blurred away.

The room was packed. My mother was well known assassin. One of the top in her graduating class at the academy. Some of them had tried to talk to her before the reading had started but it felt like she forgot how to speak.
The service was over without her knowing. Some people got up and talked about her work. How she was strong and sharp till the very end. Her dad put his hand on her shoulder.

“Skye its time to go to the grave yard.” Henry(her dad) said to her quietly in French.

Skye looked up at him, and nodded slowly she really didn’t hear him. But she thought nodding would be her best answer right now. She stood up with Charlie. Most of everyone had moved into the main area of the funeral home. Talking about the service, about Angel(her mom), and about Skye and Henry.

Skye looked down as her, her father and Charlie walked into the main area. She walked looking down completely, not wanting to talk. Her throat felt ruff and totally dry. Her father was pulled over by some of the members from her mothers team. Skye sighed in her head and looked up at Charlie slowly but they too were soon completely surrounded by people telling her how sorry they were for her mothers death. And what a great person she was..

Her heart started beating at a odd pace. And she felt short of breath, and she was sure by the looks on everyone’s face’s she had gone pale. She looked down at her hands, they were defiantly shaking. She took in a sharp short breath and broke free of the crowd and left the room as quickly as she could without running.

She got outside and started to walk away from the funeral home she found a small park. She walked into the park slowly and sat down on a bench before she head fell into her hands. She started to cry quietly. She couldn’t take this. The people in a room she felt closed in. as if she were in a casket herself. She couldn’t breath or speak, when she so badly wanted too.

Skye started to get herself to breath properly again after her tears and sobbing started to slow down a bit. The huge knot in her chest was still there giving her trouble. She wiped her cheeks, that were stained with tears. Her cheeks a little red from crying.

She felt someone touch her shoulder from behind she latterly jumped and a small gasp escaped from her lips……

© 2011 Beckuuuh Grossack


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

126 Views
Added on March 13, 2011
Last Updated on March 13, 2011

Author

Beckuuuh Grossack
Beckuuuh Grossack

Oakland Gardens, NY



About
ok so here to about me: im weird, love to talk to my besties and etc etc etc blah blah blah ;) so wanna be a filmmaker/editor when i get older. and just resently that i can actully write soz ima use t.. more..

Writing