the past will come to get you

the past will come to get you

A Story by Beckuuuh Grossack
"

Caitlin's mind makes her see the mistake she made when she was little

"
Caitlin walked out of her final class of the day with Rachel. They had to work on something for the case the professor had assigned them and Rachel had said they need to finish today, even thou we had all vacation to work on it. She listened to her talk not really hearing her, her mind on what she wrote on the drawing from the other night.

‘what wasn’t ment to be will be made back to what it was..’

‘what in the hell was that suppose to mean? did it mean simple spell reversals? Or big reversals.’ she thought to herself and jumped when Rachel poked her

Rachel laughed and shook her head at Caitlin, “I knew it, I knew it I knew it!”

Caitlin raised a brow, “knew what big head?”

“you weren’t listening to a thing I just said.” she answered

Caitlin looked down a little, “oh…sorry, I guess my mind was somewhere else…”

“well then heres my stop ill leave you and your thoughts alone..” she teased.

Caitlin laughed a little and walked to the main area, it was the fastest way back to the apartments and she grinned a little to herself when Sean came into her head.

She walked onto the main area and raised a brow slightly confused at the fact that it was completely empty. She slowly started to walk again. Being VERY aware of all things around her. She pulled her jacket closer to her as she felt the air get colder. She took a deep breath to calm herself and to her surprise she saw her breath. She felt the wind pick up around her quickly and hard. She quickly walked over to a tree and hugged a branch so she wouldn’t fall from the winds. She closed her eyes tight and started saying something in Romanian trying to get control of the winds to make them stop, but it seemed to make it worse. And it almost like the winds scream “no” at her for trying. That made her freeze in place.

Caitlin looked around her slowly when the wind slowly started to die down, she pushed her hair out of her face and saw the whole main area was a mess, the benches turned over, trash cans knocked over and a couple of tree branches fell down. She knew she didn’t do this, she couldn’t have, her mind was completely a peace and bliss. She had control. She mentally shook the thought of her doing this off and started walking from the looks of it the winds only happened in the main area.

Caitlin still felt the cold from before it freaking her out a little, she looked around her and her eyes widened when dead bodies started to appear, tons of them, piled up, bleeding, pale way past any help. She looked around her and the bodies seem to be surrounding her. And her mind finally got it…she knew these people all of them, not personally of course but they were the people who didn’t serve the hurricane of 2017 in west palm Florida. She looked down at her shoes not able to look anymore. She blinked hard to keep the tears back before in a blur going to the apartments. The bodies disappearing like smoke.

Caitlin got to the apartment and wiped her cheek as she walked up the stairs to her and Sean’s apartment. She looked down as she walked, trying to let what just happen sink in. not aware of her surroundings she bumped into Jude who was on his way to her apartment to see her.

He chuckled, “watch where your going much?” he looked down at her and saw she was upset and asked completely serious, “what happened?”

Caitlin looked up at Jude and another tear ran down her cheek. Jude wiped her tear away and pulled her into a hug. Caitlin hugged him back and hid her face on his chest, feeling weak for crying. “I saw...them…the ones from the hurricane.” she answered quietly. 

Jude cocked his head and asked, “when did you start seeing ghost like Emma?” he asked.

Caitlin wiped her cheeks and looked up at him before shaking her head, “I…I don’t.”

“hmm..” Jude said slowly thinking, “ill look into this for you…it’s the least I can do.”

Caitlin raised a brow, “what did you do Judas?”

Jude chuckled, “jeez nothing.” he said before walking down the hall, “ill see you tomorrow.”

Caitlin nodded a little and walked into the apartment slowly.

© 2011 Beckuuuh Grossack


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

152 Views
Added on March 13, 2011
Last Updated on March 28, 2011

Author

Beckuuuh Grossack
Beckuuuh Grossack

Oakland Gardens, NY



About
ok so here to about me: im weird, love to talk to my besties and etc etc etc blah blah blah ;) so wanna be a filmmaker/editor when i get older. and just resently that i can actully write soz ima use t.. more..

Writing