Trial

Trial

A Chapter by Username

Once we were a safe distance away from the city, I felt more relaxed. Arlo seemed a little better after his nap, but obviously the fight had taken lots of energy out of him. “I can take the wheel for you if you’re tired,” I suggested

“That’s not happening again,” he answered “You probably have a better chance of us than that man did.”

“I already told you I didn’t know what was happening, and I was in a rush,” he didn’t reply, so I put my head down and went to sleep. I woke up with the moon shining brightly. “What time is it?” I asked, blinking the sleep away.

“Three in the morning,” Arlo yawned “Am about to land by the way, I need another nap.” I started stretching once we landed while and heard a loud sound beneath me while walking. So I walked across the same spot again and realized that there was a trapdoor beneath me, hidden in the shadows. I got down to my knees and looked for the handle. It was too hard to pull it up, but it was too heavy for me to lift, so I ran to get Arlo.

“Hey, Hey Arlo wake up,” I shook him and he mumbled something I couldn’t understand.

“What do you want?” he said, irritated that he barely got to sleep. I told him what I wanted and bothered him until he got up. “Fine, Fine” he got up, blinked the sleep away from his eyes and put on his MED “Where is it?” he asked. I lead him to the trapdoor. He took a deep breath and brought down his fist, crushing the handle and leaving a hole through the trapdoor. Then he lifted it up and said, “I’m going to sleep now, don’t wake me up again.”

“Thanks….. you should probably get a name for the MED,” I heard him say Earth Crusher, then he went to the drone and immediately knocked out.

Under the trapdoor was an elevator. I grabbed my MED, got into it, and it took me down slowly. Once I got down another trapdoor came out and closed the top so I knew there was no going back. The place underground looked very advanced. The walls seemed to be metal when I knocked on them; they were painted blue and black. I walked more and saw a rectangle-shaped pool and it appeared to be electrically charged. On top of the pool were four columns of separated cube flooring, big enough to step on, and four going down.

I jumped on top of the first block to the left and the flooring immediately sank down, not giving me any time to jump back. I sunk down into the water. If I don’t get it out, the electricity is going to fry me. I got up quickly, grabbed on to the edge of the ground and lifted myself up, but I was too slow. I felt an excruciating pain in my right leg, as if thousands of needles were jabbing it.

“AHHH,” I screamed as I fell to the ground, but my leg was still hurting as if I was still in the pool getting shocked. Once the pain faded away my leg felt like it was burning so I took my MED, lowered its temperature and aimed at my leg and I felt a little better. I sat up and stayed like that for a while and tried to solve the puzzle. I got up, only using my left leg to walk, and looked for some clues to find out which was the best way to go.

While looking around, I realized the blocks had numbers on them like this:

59661218
1523352
6423145
45211

I thought if any of them were multiples, factors or related to each other and realized that there were some prime numbers on some blocks. Meaning that if I went one block straight, diagonally once, to the left twice, diagonally to the right and front once, I should be capable of making it there in one piece. I jumped to the first one, and the block started to gradually sink in to the water so I took that as a success. I did the rest of the puzzle but fell on the ground at the end since I was only using one foot.

I picked myself and continued dragging myself. A laser beam then shot out of the wall to my right and a big robot came out of the wall so I took my MED out put it on the highest heat possible and aimed it at its face. Nothing happened. The robot stuck out its arm and hit my hand; I let go of the MED from pain, but I was mad and I wanted to see the robot in ruins. I grabbed my MED from the ground and ran toward’s using both of my legs, but the pain wasn’t as bad as before, so I ignored it.

“I’m gonna destroy you, ya big lump of metal” I lowered the temperature of the MED and aimed it back at the robot’s face, dodging an attack. Once I saw water going down the robot’s face, I lowered the temperature, which froze the robot as it tried to attack me again. “Ha, take that,” I fell down happy that my strategy worked. I cooled the air around the robot’s head below its dew point, leaving the air exposed to desiccant’s then froze the water because I wouldn’t be able to affect the robot differently.

Next there was a door that had a hole in the middle of it. I searched the robot for anything I could use and found a circle shaped piece of metal decorated in with a twirl in the middle; I tried fitting it into the hole and it worked. The piece of metal turned in the hole once then came out again so I took it. The door went under the ground slowly and I continued walking, now using both of my legs, and right in front of were stairs leading upwards. I rushed up the stairs and there the moon was shining and I could see the drone in the distance.



© 2021 Username


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

47 Views
Added on March 28, 2021
Last Updated on March 28, 2021


Author

Username
Username

Writing
MED's MED's

A Chapter by Username


Drone Drone

A Chapter by Username


Chase Chase

A Chapter by Username