I Am But a Thing

I Am But a Thing

A Chapter by Miss Evans
"

Written on September 21, 2011 for the K12 Creative Writing Club. Warm-Up 1: Self Poem.

"
Confused, by those feelings that were shared, but left behind. Strong Willed like a father who won't give up on his troubled daughter. Rebellious like a teenager wanting to make her own way, her way, on her own.
Messed up, from the words that were said and taken to heart from the start of those friendships. Fractured from the things that were said, not done, felt and not returned.
  Redeemed through those girls helped out, cheered on, and lead forward. Appreciated by those around.
Saddened by the short-comings, inner turmoil, forbidden desires. Wisened by the mistakes, the correction, the thoughts had, things observed.
    Loved, by the one who birthed, nurtured, protected this beset thing. Resentful at the same, because this thing can't be that- Doesn't know how to be, that.
Distracted by those thoughts nagging in the back of this cranial orb on these shoulders. The thoughts of you, and this thing, being something, together.
    Comforted by the knowledge of the love given, not earned, the relationship built, not destroyed, the bliss of childish ignorance.
Taunted, by what could've been, what should be, what is wanted but not taken. Not this things for the taking.
     Raw, like the scars earned in war, that inner turmoil bringing so many wounds, salt added by the hands of life and circumstance.
 Broken, from all of this. This things life, and thoughts. This things wants, and haves, have-nots. Shattered and fractured by this things own doing, not any others.

    I am but a thing. A shattered, fractured, troubled thing.

I am but a thing. A wanted, hated, hateful, growing, knowing, ignorant, loving, wanting, hating, thing.

    A confused thing. A talented thing. A remorseful thing.

I am only a thing. But I am my own thing. And that, is a beautiful thing.



© 2011 Miss Evans


Author's Note

Miss Evans
This is very personal, as it is describing me as a person, as I could best put it off the top of my head. I would appreciate it if that was considered before judging the content too harshly. (Content = Me, after all.)

The project was to create a poem, in a few minutes, that described us as people, and this is what I wrote. It has not been edited at all.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Speechless. Like I said, when I first initially read this poem- " Brilliant."
It's brutally honest. You don't sugar-coat anything said and when you write a poem about yourself, honesty is key. This poem was a bit like watching a child grow-up.
Well written. " Girls " just stood out to me for some reason- a sore thumb. It would probably take away from the spontaneous feeling of initially writing this poem, but that's just something that would've peeved me when I wrote it. Like a rose amonst the weeds, your writing is beautiful!

* Returns the Thumbs Up * Well done Jameela~

Aideu,

Aisha

Posted 12 Years Ago


3 of 3 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Briliant ... very introspective piece showing the side of us we don't really want to show at times . Love it.

Posted 12 Years Ago


First, I would like to say that for you to be able to loosen up and write a piece that flows smoothly off the top of your head is pretty awesome. It was as if watching someone (you) run through the many tribulations of life and seeing an end result.

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Speechless. Like I said, when I first initially read this poem- " Brilliant."
It's brutally honest. You don't sugar-coat anything said and when you write a poem about yourself, honesty is key. This poem was a bit like watching a child grow-up.
Well written. " Girls " just stood out to me for some reason- a sore thumb. It would probably take away from the spontaneous feeling of initially writing this poem, but that's just something that would've peeved me when I wrote it. Like a rose amonst the weeds, your writing is beautiful!

* Returns the Thumbs Up * Well done Jameela~

Aideu,

Aisha

Posted 12 Years Ago


3 of 3 people found this review constructive.

This is amazing, i think. it's very deep and thoughtful

Posted 12 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

405 Views
4 Reviews
Added on October 20, 2011
Last Updated on November 15, 2011
Tags: Poem, Biographical, Unedited