A Ghost In The Attic

A Ghost In The Attic

A Chapter by Miss Evans

A Ghost in the Attic

 

      There are no such things as ghosts. She's said it 3 times since we walked into our new house. Trying to convince herself she's not going to get spooked by something under the stairs, or behind a curtain. We've just moved into an old house, built before my grandma was alive. It's in a very nice town.

 

     I walked up the long stairs, they creaked with the slightest amount of weight put on them. I walked down the hallway to the last door on the right. Behind that door was the staircase that lead to my room.

 

My room was actually an attic, but since there were no more bedrooms, I got stuck with it. I didn't mind so much, since I didn't have to clean up anyone's mess but mine.

 

     Our house was formerly owned by a large family, who seemed to have just disappeared one by one over time. Nobody talked to them, or knew who they were. But everyone seemed to assume that they'd all died of illness in this house. And my mother is convinced that if she convinces herself there are no ghost, the ghosts will believe it too.

 

“Sam, help your brother put his things away.”

I turned away from my door, I'd have to wait some more to see it. I walked down the hall and turned left into the short hall leading to my siblings' rooms.

 

After helping everyone else unpack, I could finally see my room.

 

I walked up the steps and opened the door. The last bit of sun was shining dimly in through the windows on the back and side walls. The walls were a very dark blue, and they had white panels at the top and bottom of them. My bed was in the center of the back wall, with a small nightstand to the right of that. To the right wall there was a set of drawers and a small chest. On the left wall there was an old writer's desk.

 

I walked further into the room and looked back towards the door. To the left of it there was a closet, and  a mirror. It was one of the old ones that stood on two legs and could tilt back and forth.

 

I unpacked my clothes, sorting them into their drawers and on their hangers.

 

After washing the dinner dishes, I returned to my room and got in bed.

 

 

 

I got into bed and noticed something was different. Along the wall by the door, there was something missing.

 

 

 

 

 

A Ghost in the Attic

 

    My jacket, that had been hanging on the side of the mirror, was not there anymore.  I looked all around my room, before I got up and went searching through the house.

 

“Has anyone seen my jacket?” I called into the family room as I went into the kitchen.

 

“Which one? You've got a zillion of them.” Zoe ran in behind me. “I saw your blue one.”

 

 



© 2012 Miss Evans


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

157 Views
Added on April 3, 2012
Last Updated on April 3, 2012