The Story of Ruth

The Story of Ruth

A Chapter by Miss Evans

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

The Story of Ruth

Planning & Notes


Order of Events

 

~ There was a famine in the land [Bethlehemjudah], in the time when judges ruled, a man named Elimelech made a temporary trip to the country of Moab.

    Elimelech had a wife [Naomi], and two sons [Mahlon and Chilion]. During their stay in Moab, Elimelech passed, and left Naomi and their two sons alone.

    Mahlon and Chilion married two women from Moab; their names were Orpah, and Ruth. They lived altogether for ten years. After this time, Mahlon and Chilion both passed away.

    Naomi was left of her family, and decided to return to the land of Judah, where she heard God had visited his people by giving them bread.

    She told both of her daughter-in-laws to return to the house of their parents, wishing them kindness from God for their kindness to her and their husbands.

    Orpah kissed her mother-in-law before she departed, but Ruth refused to leave her, saying “Intreat me not to leave thee, or to return from following after thee: for whither thou goest, I will go; and where thou lodgest, I will lodge: thy people shall be my people, and thy God my God”.

    The two left to Bethlehem [Judah], and when they arrived, Naomi said to her old neighbors “Call me not Naomi, call me Mara: for the Almighty hath dealt very bitterly with me.”

    The two came to Bethlehem in time for the barley harvest. Naomi had a relative, of the family of her husband [Elimelech], who was wealthy; his name was Boaz.

 

 

 

~ Ruth went to find fieldwork, and happened to come onto the field of Boaz. She walked behind the reapers, and gleaned what good grain they had left behind.

    When Boaz came to his fields, he greeted his reapers, and asked his first-man who the girl was. When he received his answer, Ruth asked that he let her continue her gleaning in his fields; Boaz told her that she was as his reapers, and that what they had she would have. He told his men, when she was out working, to leave her grain from the sheaves purposefully.

    When Ruth had gleaned for the day, she shook out what was useful, and had an ephah of barley (a bushel).

 

 

 

 



© 2012 Miss Evans


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

230 Views
Added on April 3, 2012
Last Updated on April 3, 2012