My Romance Bled Away

My Romance Bled Away

A Poem by Donkey!

2004-10-21

Isn’t it amazing how quickly we’re betrayed? Friendships turning to a pointless love that causes me to be afraid when it’s placed above. But there are things you should know such as this painful love I have on you. Don’t have to believe this to be true ‘cause I have a major crush on you. Oh how I need more of you to fill that empty hole in my heart. Fill it with your poison and let it rip me apart, then I’ll realize the truths in my fantasy that we could never be. How I hate to think of departure, oh how I wish we could be together. So as I’m stripped from this land, the romance that’s still with me will bleed away. How I wish to hold your hand even just for today, even just for one day, but I have to get it through the dome that we’ll never be, that this isn’t home. I’ll let go of my faithless promises and forget your poisoned dismisses as I leave you here, as I wander through the crowd. Why do I fall for ones that are uninterested? Why are the girls so wicked and twisted? I’d scream my love out loud for you, how I wish you felt the same as I do. So just poison me by your touch and let me die by your side as I burn my love onto your heart and become your enamored suicide.

© 2009 Donkey!


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

133 Views
Added on April 25, 2009

Author

Donkey!
Donkey!

Jacksonville, NC



About
My poems are from when I was in High School. They're old and I was young, and probably could've been written with a better flow, so bear with me. I myself am currently enlisted in the Marine Corps.. more..

Writing
Smoke Break. Smoke Break.

A Story by Donkey!





Compartment 114
Compartment 114
Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5