Heaven's Beauty

Heaven's Beauty

A Poem by Donkey!

2004-11-11

Another starry night and you're not here, another wishful heart for you to be near. But which star should I wish upon tonight? Which memory should I sleep with till light? Wake me up, pull me close, your love is an overdose. How I wish to wake up next to you, there's more that we could live through. But sometimes I wonder "Is this a dream?" Sometimes I wonder if waking up would be a nightmare. This is much more than a reality, you are much greater than Heaven's beauty. Though I was still dying of nostalgia in a rage laced with anger, you still showed me compassion and became more than a heart's distraction. So as my heart floods with aches like rain, baby you're the only one keeping me sane. I used to feel so alone, but with you there's no more pain. I never deserved your loving words or this poisoned romance. I used to think love was a waste of time, but not this time. So as I sit and think of past regrets, how I used to deal with s**t on my own, I wonder "what was the point? Did I get what I deserved? To be alone?" Not at all, but I realize all my faults and now there's so much more to life with you. The treachery and misery that once overcame me, but now I realize my treasure in life. I've waited and wanted someone like you to cross paths with my whole life. Patience is something hard to come across and losing you would forever be my loss. So as I sit and think of future decisions, it brings more than a mere smile to my face. The anxiety of finally getting to that place and so much more till we reach our destination. So lets endure the hardships and progress in our relationship. Lets get to the finish line and make our ending divine.

© 2009 Donkey!


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

This poem sinks into the bottom of my heart. It is very good. The 11/11th is a bad time for me due to the loss of my sister and grandma so this poem really affected me. This is a brilliant write though just one question; was this meant to be in block form? If it was i would think about spreading it out to allow it to be easier to read apart from that it is really good. Well done.

Posted 15 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

138 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on April 25, 2009

Author

Donkey!
Donkey!

Jacksonville, NC



About
My poems are from when I was in High School. They're old and I was young, and probably could've been written with a better flow, so bear with me. I myself am currently enlisted in the Marine Corps.. more..

Writing
Smoke Break. Smoke Break.

A Story by Donkey!