The Beauty

The Beauty

A Poem by Sean Allen
"

A revision to a poem pasted a few years ago

"

 

The Beauty...  

 
One night, an ancient god lay sleeping, and began dreaming of a beauty.  Gentle curves of dust floated in the air, and two sparkling lights like diamonds moved slowly as if united, first in one direction and then another, stopping when they reached the curves.  
 
From the curves and the lights, two slender lines of dust were drawn down together. Closer to the lights, two shorter lines were pulled out of the sides from the curves, not together, but opposite to each other. Each of the four lines gently tapered into five smaller ones, and each of them was tipped with a ruby that sparkled as well, but not as brightly as the diamonds.
 
As the sleeping god breathed, an opening in the beauty appeared, just below the lights, yet above the lines. Not visible, but audibly from the opening, the god thought he heard a faint sound. Still dreaming, he held his breath and turned towards the sound to listen, and he thought it was a song.
 
As the curves began to take a form, two smaller openings appeared to the sides of the lights and, as the god resumed breathing, the beauty turned toward the god as well. One of the lines with a ruby tip reached out to the god, whose own hand moved instinctively toward the beauty.
 
In my dream, the god’s fingers were as fiery suns, and as one finger neared the ruby, the ruby began glowing, shimmering brightly. In moments, all five rubies were shining. The light raced through the beauty, igniting the rubies on the opposite side and down to the ten at the other end as well. 
 
As the god turned in his bed, continuing to dream, his finger moved away. A moment after he turned, the glow of all the rubies began moving to the center of the beauty.  As the glows met, they became as one and began to pulse . . . bright and dim, bright and dim, bright and dim.
 
The god awoke to the sound of a beautiful song that he had never heard before and he no longer needed to hold his breath to hear it.
 
Sean Allen ©2006

© 2009 Sean Allen


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

wow, this is a dream within a dream of imagery and song, the visual effect is powerfully sculpted and
captivates the moment as well as the reader, I could feel my thoughts expand as the heart
drifts away, pondering the glittering effects. Sean, its definition inscribes a beauty of flow and celetial
ambition set to a motion of light grace, I sincerely enjoyed the depth as well as the skill applied. bravo

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Hmm very interesting. Just the basis of it, even God dreams of beauty. I like how you used colour and darkness and fused it with simplistic imagery, creating some deep metaphorical prose. And it is like my poem, dreaming of beauty... thanks for the reccomendation.

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Such a broad scope and beautiful, moving write. Carries with it a depth of imagery and richness. Read through it several times, and each time saw something more.

Posted 14 Years Ago


This was a really interesting piece. I read it through a couple of times and it has a surreal, almost abstract feel to it. It really is very dreamlike. When I read it I got more feelings and flashes of images, then an actual story. To me this is more about feelings, many of them sensous. There's a sense of being inside the dream with you, but only as a visitor who doesn't understand all the secrets. Its lovely.

Posted 14 Years Ago


wow, this is a dream within a dream of imagery and song, the visual effect is powerfully sculpted and
captivates the moment as well as the reader, I could feel my thoughts expand as the heart
drifts away, pondering the glittering effects. Sean, its definition inscribes a beauty of flow and celetial
ambition set to a motion of light grace, I sincerely enjoyed the depth as well as the skill applied. bravo

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Strange but beautiful dream. Love the imagery.

Posted 14 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

I love reading your imaginative stories, even when they are listed as a poem. Thanks for sharing your dream with us.

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

275 Views
6 Reviews
Rating
Added on June 6, 2009
Last Updated on June 6, 2009

Author

Sean Allen
Sean Allen

West Haven, CT



About
I am just a writer! At least I think I am. If I can only convince someone else of that, I will be a happy writer. But until then, I'm just a writer. Check out www.EclipseLogic.com and www.LightO.. more..

Writing
The Song The Song

A Poem by Sean Allen


Petals Petals

A Poem by Sean Allen



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Erratic Erratic

A Poem by TamiViolet