Part 1: Introduction

Part 1: Introduction

A Chapter by DrLrdMsterDerek
"

This is the beginning game sequence that every numbered game has. It introduces basic gameplay, a few new characters named Ignaevus and Noxas (not Roxas) and also introduces beings called Fusions.

"
Part 1: Introduction

​The game opens with a montage of every game in the series leading up to this one. During the montage, a new song by Hikaru Utada plays in the background, serving as the only audio in the clip. The montage ends with a figure made of complete light in the shape of Sora clashing keyblades with a figure of complete darkness in the shape of Xehanort, with Kingdom Hearts in the background. The sound of the keyblades clashing signifies the end of the song, and the screen cuts to black very quickly.
​The screen fades from black into a stain glass circle surrounded by dark oblivion. In the middle of the circle is an image of Roxas and Xion sleeping, holding the Oathkeeper and Oblivion keyblades respectively. Axel is standing in between the two and Saix. Axel and Saix are locked in combat. On the edges are intricate designs of thorns and such.

​A young man is laying in the middle of the circle. He wakes up, rubbing the back of his head, “Where am I?” He stands up. After the initial disorientation, he starts freaking out.
​Without any audio, shaking text appears on the screen;
​Ignaevus! Don’t be afraid. Even if there is much to fear.
​Ignaevus: Who are you? And how do you know my name?
​Ignaevus asked the voice, not knowing where to look.
​All of your questions will be answered in time. Now Jump.
​Ignaevus: What?

The game turns to gameplay mode. Controlling Ignaevus, you’re free to move around, but nothing will happen until you jump. Once you do, a cutscene plays:

​Ignaevus: Now what?
​The Voice: Roll around.
​Ignaevus: I don’t know. This ground looks like it would be uncomcortable to roll around on. Speaking of which, how is this glass even supporting my weight?

​Gameplay: Again, you’re free to move around, but nothing will happen until you perform a didge roll.

Cutscene: A door pops up on one of the sides of the circle. It is a mixture of red and grey, with intricate golden designs covering it.
​Ignaevus: You want me to go through that?
​The Voice: Don’t worry. The light will guide you.

​Gameplay: As you get into proximity with the door, a trio of question marks appear at the base of the screen. You walk through the door.

​Cutscene: Ignaevus walks atop a different circle. It’s just like the previous one except the design is of Aqua carrying Ventus on her back while reaching for Terra as he falls down. At the other three sides of the circle emerged three large stones. Along with the door, these three stones resembles the cardinal directions of a compass.
​On the stone to Ignaevus’s right, a magical wand with Mickey’s head on top emerges. The stone straight in front of him holds up a knight’s shield with Mickey’s head in the center. The last one holds a sword with Mickey’s head imbedded within the blade.
​Ignaevus: So, I guess I’ll be taking these, right?
​The Voice: Choose one. Choose wisely.

​Gameplay: You walk up to whichever one of the three weapons suits you best. The sword gives you a boost in Strength, and prioritizes Strength as you level up. The shield and wand do the same thing for respectively Defense and Magic.
​As you select your weapon, the soundless voice returns:
​If you select the sword: The sword, a weapon used for the destruction that you will surely cause.
​The shield: The shield, a tool to defend those that will doubtlessly suffer from the war that you will wage.
​The wand: The wand, an item used to heal the wounds that you will bring upon the world.
​Once you pick your tool, you will have to sacrifice another item. The same statements as before about each item apply to this decision too.

Cutscene: The stones shatter, and out of the broken pieces emerge three enemies. These enemies are a Shadow Heartless and a Dusk Nobody meshed together. They’re completely disproportionate physically, and need their right arm to support themselves due to the fact that their right leg is that of a Heartless and their left leg is that of a Nobody.
​The three enemies are called Fusions. Their abilities include:
- Shrinking down into the ground like a shadow.
- Attacking by whipping around their bodies like they’re self- controlled ragdolls.
- Walking on an imaginary ceiling and creating a path of destruction with the tails that extend from their shoulders.
​Whichever weapon you chose disappears from Ignaevus’s hand. Ignaevus starts to back away from the three Fusions. When he looks back to find the door, he realizes that it has disappeared.
​The Voice: The light you have must burn strong if you wish to fulfill your destiny.
​A keyblade materializes in Ignaevus’s hand. But it’s not the Kingdom Key. It’s the Master’s Defender (That’s Eraqus’s keyblade if you didn’t know).

​Gameplay: You fight off the Fusions. During the fight, the circle that you’re standing on slowly dissolves away. Here, you learn your basic attack as well as how to block. If you manage to defeat the three Fusions before the arena dissolves completely, then you level up to Level 2, and receive a boost in whatever stat corresponds with the choice you made earlier. Each Fusion drops two health orbs if slain.

​Cutscene: Whether you defeat all three Fusions or not, once the arena dissolves, Ignaevus starts to fall down into the dark abyss. Ignaevus screams at the top of his lungs.
​Like a meteor colliding with Earth, he slams into another circle. This time, the picture is of Riku, Mickey, Kairi, and Namine in smaller portrait-like circles with a completely white foreground. All four of them seemed to be looking in the direction of a glass bridge that connects this circle to another one.
​At the center of the circle was a smaller circle that was glowing green.
​The Voice: Your health needs restoring.

Gameplay: You walk into the glowing circle. Your health bar fills up back to being fully green. You receive the option to save your game at these save points.
​The Voice: Don’t ignore these places. You will need every chance to rest as you can get for your journey ahead.
​Ignaevus: I’ll take your word on that.
​You walk across the bridge that connects the two circles. Across this bridge, two Fusions appear for you to defeat. Each one that you slay drops a Potion and two health orbs. If you are defeated, you respawn at the beginning of the bridge.

​Cutscene: Once you reach the other circle, Ignaevus slowly walks to the middle of it. The picture on the circle is of Sora and Xehanort locked in combat. Sora is enraged, using his own keyblade. Instead of Xehanort using his own keyblade, he is dual-wielding Riku’s and Kairi’s. A sinister smirk decorates his face. Donald and Goofy are equally pissed off, and assisting Sora.
​Ignaevus: What now?
​7 white pillars shoot out of the ground around the edge of the circle. They all grow to different sizes. The bridge shatters. Ignaevus stumbles back, noticing the abrupt silence. Then, a sharp piercing of rock breaks the silence. After another sound of metal being reeled in, another man is pulled up by a baton connected to the metal cord that pierced the pillar before. He walks up to Ignaevus, and starts talking:
​Noxas: Hi! I’m Noxas (not to be confused with Roxas). You must be Ignaevus. I’ve been looking everywhere for you! See, I’m what’s called a Keyblade Hunter. Normally I wouldn’t befriend a Keyblade Wielder, but for now I have to make an exception.
​Ignaevus: Are you trying to get out of here, too?
​Noxas: No, I could get out of this dump whenever I want. What I need you help with is my girlfriend.
​Ignaevus: Let me stop you right there. I do NOT know jack about relationships.
​Noxas: No, not like that. I need your help killing her.
​Ignaevus gives Noxas a weird look.
​Noxas: I’ll explain. Her name’s Yokaizha. She’s an extremely powerful Keyblade Wielder. A self-proclaimed Keyblade Master, or whatever she’s calling herself. I started “dating” (he makes air quotes) her in order to get close to her. She’s a big fish in this war that she herself created (and I’m not just talking about the way she smells, either), which is precisely why I need your help with this. I can’t take her on my own. Heck, an entire dozen Keyblade Wielders at the same time failed at that. And she didn’t use her these creatures. She started calling them Heartless because of some sarcastic remark that I made regarding how they were created. I digress, what do ya say? Help me end this Keyblade War?
​Ignaevus looks up at the oblivion above him:
​Ignaevus: What should I do?
​The Voice: Let your heart guide you.
​Noxas: Who are you taking to?
​Ignaevus looks down with closed eyes. After a silent moment, his keyblade appears in his hand.
​Ignaevus: No.
​Noxas: Well, guess I gotta persuade you.

Gameplay: Noxas is the first boss fight of the game. Here are his attacks:
- With baton in hand, he’s able to counter every single attack that you can perform, and throw a deadly barrage of fast strikes with his baton in return.
- He shoots metal lines out of each end of his baton and they latch onto one white pillar each in an attempt to get close to you.
- If you avoid him 5 times, he throws his baton around. It either has to ricochet off all 7 pillars or hit you before Noxas can catch it again. This is the perfect time to attack the boss. If you deflect the baton, it counts as one of the 13 pillars.
- If he succeeds in hitting you with his baton when he’s trying to catch you with his metal cords, then he starts over and you have to avoid his attacks 5 more times in order for him to throw his baton.
- The spikes on the ends of the metal cords will do damage if you’re in their way, but that won’t cause Noxas to start over.
​​If you lose this fight, you have to start back over from where the bridge and the other circle connected. If you win, the game cuts to a cutscene:

​Noxas: You really screwed up here.
​Noxas turns into another door similar to the one near the beginning of this level. The pillars collapse off of the circle due to all of the holes Noxas left. The door is where the bridge used to be.
​The Voice: You may walk through that door if you wish. But know this: If you do, then your fate is sealed. There’s no going back. Ever.

​Gameplay: You walk up to the door.

​Cutscene: Ignaevus tries to open the door, but it’s locked.
​The Voice: Use the Keyblade.
​Ignaevus’s keyblade materializes in his hand. He backs up and points it at the door. A beam of light pierces the door, and an unlocking sound leads to the screen gradually flash a bright light. The screen is completely white.
​Once the white fades, Ignaevus wakes up in his bed. He sits up.
​Ignaevus: What a weird dream.
​He drudgingly walks through his house, and opens the front door. On the screen appear the giant letters in the form of the two words: Keyblade Metropolis.


© 2016 DrLrdMsterDerek


Author's Note

DrLrdMsterDerek
How do you like how I describe the combat?

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

157 Views
Added on August 28, 2016
Last Updated on August 28, 2016


Author

DrLrdMsterDerek
DrLrdMsterDerek

Nashville , TN



About
I am a Kingdom Hearts fan that writes about whatever I want, ranging from teasers for future fictional novels that I'm writing to fanfictions that I don't want to put on fanfiction.net, because I don'.. more..

Writing