An escape into nothingness.

An escape into nothingness.

A Chapter by The Ugly Rose

 

It’s time. Time to leave this place, and never come back. I will leave to the city, hiding in the shadows. I shall be in front of their very eyes, but they won’t even see me.
The banging has stopped, and another plate of hot food lies on the board. I take a few bites, but resist going further. This feeling of imprisonment was my own doing. I locked myself in here, and made myself feel like a dog.
I start grabbing clothes from my shelves, and stuffing them into my large backpack. I filled that sack to the top with all my drawings, stories, inventions, and plans. Maybe, one day, if I ever returned, I would publish all those things, and might affect the world in some small or large way. I scribbled a short note to my family, and made sure that I mentioned that they may me see again. I may come back, if I decide to give this world another chance. It isn’t likely, but there is still that small glimmer of hope that lingers in the polluted air of this society.
A fire escape ladder rested on the window sill, right beside a torn out screen that had protected me against the fall.


© 2009 The Ugly Rose


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

145 Views
Added on February 5, 2009


Author

The Ugly Rose
The Ugly Rose

Calgary, Canada



About
* I love it when you rate my work, not just review it :P* Nearly all my work has spelling errors because my keyboard often misses keys that I press * **If you would like to quote my work, or use it.. more..

Writing
Dream Dream

A Poem by The Ugly Rose