Love

Love

A Chapter by Draven_Writes

Love is something that is so complex that there is no definition that serves justice to the word. There are so many different aspects of love that's it's honestly hard to differentiate the difference between them. There physical, emotional, intellectual, and spiritual. Physical love is the easiest to describe because it's usually measured by intimacy. How intimate you are with something, or someone, shows how much you have a passion/love for that particular thing.

This is from the television show called "The Office" where Jim tells Dwight what love means, "All I know is that every time I’ve been faced with a tough decision, there’s only one thing that outweighs every other concern. One thing that will make you give up on everything you thought you knew, every instinct, every rational calculation..... You gotta forget about all the other stuff. You gotta forget about logic and fear and doubt. You just gotta do everything you can to get to the one woman who’s gonna make all this worth it. At the end of the day, you gotta jump."

You can physically love something and show it to them every single day of your life, but is that love substantial? Does that love have true meaning to the relationship? Of course it has meaning, but it shouldn't be the one thing that overpowers everything else in that particular relationship. That's where emotional, intellectual, love comes into play. Intellect is something that evolves overtime and that is different for every person and also every relationship that you're in. When I ask myself if I truly love someone or something I see how it makes me change or react. I am a realist in the instance that I base all of my decision making on how it will affect me objectively.

If I know that that particular person or thing will have a positive impact on my life I generally decide that that is the avenue that I will go. If I feel as thought that I can maybe alter it to make it more beneficial for me and the other thing or person I generally gravitate to the question, "How can I change this for the better?" and "Will I honestly be able to change it for the better?" It's hard for one to understand that you honestly can change another's personality, but that what we usually do is manipulate situations to where it benefits either yourself or yourself and the other person.

Spiritual love cannot be described, in my own opinion, other than it's unconditional. It's love that never fails, and that will never fail. It is the one thing that will always be a constant in our lives. It's that one thing that we will always be able to fall back on and know that it will never change.


© 2015 Draven_Writes


Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Very good, where intellect fails love conquers. Emotions are what make people strong. I didn't get where I am today with mere intellect : I got there with passion and love.

Good paragraphs all around, very nice structure to them. You starts strong and finishes strong. Perfect in every aspect. Great work. :)

Posted 8 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

225 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on October 19, 2015
Last Updated on October 19, 2015