Chapter 9: The Colours of Magic

Chapter 9: The Colours of Magic

A Chapter by Daisygirl

Chapter 9


Duana glided along the dirt road towards the ruins of the house from her dreams.  Black magic shimmered around her.  There was no questioning that she was the Dark Queen.  She was wearing a new black dress and boots, the bloodstone glowed red against her chest.  After the fight with Rhea, Duana had transported to a town just twenty minutes away from the old house.  Then she’d used her magic to get what she wanted.  In one hand Duana was holding a bag full of everything she needed for a very powerful circle.  It hadn’t been hard to convince people to give her what she wanted, not after they saw her magic.  

When she’d been around Rhea, Duana had tried to suppress her magic, and the darkness it carried.  But now she free and she let her dark magic take control.  It was such a relief to give in and stop fighting herself.  This is who she was now; the Dark Queen.   

Once Duana reached the ruins she stood quietly where the door used to be.  The memory of her little sisters laugh echoed in the air and Duana could almost see her running around, laughing and playing.  A sad smile was fitted on Duanas lips as she pictured her little sister, happy as ever.  Duana stood there both happy and sad until the laughter faded away and the smell of smoke filled her lungs.  She backed away from the ruins fearfully but the scent of smoke lingered still.  She unpacked her bag and begun to lay out a circle so full of magic that the air grew heavy and thick.  

Enough time had been wasted thinking of the past.  It was time to bring peace to the burnt house and the haunting dreams of a time long lost.  The sun showed two hours left before night, by the time the moon rose it would finally be done.  



© 2015 Daisygirl


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

107 Views
Added on January 19, 2015
Last Updated on January 21, 2015


Author

Daisygirl
Daisygirl

Saltspring Island, B.C., Canada



About
My name is Annika and I'm 16. I love reading, writing, fairy tales and words. Also tea, sweets, and really warm weather. I hope to someday publish my novella The Colour's of Magic and finish some o.. more..

Writing
Imagine Imagine

A Poem by Daisygirl