Chapter 16: The Colours of Magic

Chapter 16: The Colours of Magic

A Chapter by Daisygirl

Chapter 16


“We’re here, Rhea we’re at the castle,” Rhea woke up and saw Seraphina riding next to the wagon.  The castle loomed ahead, awash in lights.

“Thanks,” Rhea said feeling better after some rest.  She noticed Seraphina glance at Duana uncertainly.  

“Healing works better while you sleep.  Part of the effects of the potion I gave her is that once she’s asleep she won’t wake until she regains a certain amount of strength.  I’ll explain more later,” Rhea said distractedly, because her attention had shifted to a man standing at the castle gates.  

He was a tall well muscled man with short brown hair and green eyes.  On the ground next to him sat a small basket.

Rhea tumbled out of the wagon and leapt into his arms and they kissed passionately.  When they finally broke apart Rhea whispered; “you’re alright!  I was so worried, I’ve been so worried…”  

“I know, and I promise never to leave you again,” Jason replied.

“Good.”  

Jason smiled at her, “it sounds like you’ve got some stories to tell.”

Rhea sighed, “you have no idea.”  

Jason looked at Duana then back to Rhea, “what happened?” he asked.

“Oh Jason,” Rhea whispered, “there’s so much to her story that we didn’t know,” Rhea turned to Seraphina.  “Is there a spare room where we can bring Duana?  I have to finish healing her,” Rhea explained.

“The one to the left of your room is empty,” Seraphina replied.

“Thanks,” Rhea said.  “Jason, can you-”

“Yep,” Jason interrupted and carefully picked up Duana.  “Lead the way.”

“Seraphina, where can I find you later?”  Rhea asked.

“The tower.”  Seraphina said.

Rhea nodded, picked up the basket containing Aya, and led Jason into the castle.

“So,” Jason said while they walked, “what happened?”

“I learnt a lot of truths.”  Rhea replied and begun to tell the story that started one morning, just before dawn, on a sunless day.



© 2015 Daisygirl


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

118 Views
Added on January 19, 2015
Last Updated on January 19, 2015


Author

Daisygirl
Daisygirl

Saltspring Island, B.C., Canada



About
My name is Annika and I'm 16. I love reading, writing, fairy tales and words. Also tea, sweets, and really warm weather. I hope to someday publish my novella The Colour's of Magic and finish some o.. more..

Writing
Imagine Imagine

A Poem by Daisygirl