Writer's Block

Writer's Block

A Poem by Mak(ayla:)
"

The struggle is real.

"
Words are just running through my mind
Forming lines and making sentences,
But none shall work.
None good enough to be brought to life.

My head is spinning
Making me dizzy
Even though I'm standing still.
These endless words are making me crazy.

My pen will touch the paper,
But nothing but a blob of ink appears.
The words are just pushing for the spotlight.
But the great wall says, "No!"
And pushes them away.

The struggle is real, my friend.
These words won't seem to quit.
I want to just open my mouth
And let them pour out of me
Like a flood of water after the bridge
Has finally snapped.

© 2013 Mak(ayla:)


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

It sucks when you have writer's block:/ especially when all you want to do is write but the pen is not moving.it is definitely is a relatable poem. thanks for sharing:)

Posted 9 Years Ago


Writers block, a writers worst enemy. Even more so than the writers curse. Good job

Posted 10 Years Ago


Mak(ayla:)

10 Years Ago

Thanks(:

-Mak!(:
Apologies for the slow response, Mak. It's been a busy and stressful holiday, and I've gone into partial hermitude to make my own work a bit more "addictive". Anyway, the usual good stuff with this story. I won't waste your time by saying that you do your poetic imagery justice, since I'm sure I sound like a broken record. Frankly, I prefer MP3s. With this poem, I think the biggest weakpoint is your word choice. "Words" appear rather frequently in this piece, and it draws the reader away from your powerful imagery. It's too obvious that we're talking about writer's block. What if it seemed more ambiguous? Writer's block is often compared to any level of frustration and is far more understandable than we writers care to admit. Everyone struggles with things they want, just barely out of grasp. To artists that paint with words, it is that next beautiful verbal landscape. But everyone needs their landscape, and this is something you can relate to. Instead of making it about writer's block openly, make it about *desire*. Not all can relate to writer's block, but I wager many can relate to that painful lust of something you want being barely out of reach. My best advice? Resubmit this piece under a completely different title, and tweak it so it doesn't seem like it's about writer's block. You might be surprised with the results.

Oh, and don't change the last line.

-M. L. Zane

Posted 10 Years Ago


I agree, sometimes I have writers block. And I get stuck on poems and my book. Great job.

Posted 10 Years Ago


Sometimes, it is good in a way. I'd never leave my laptop if I never got it xD

Posted 10 Years Ago


Many writers have this problem. I have started project after project but have put many away because I just couldn't finish them. I may go back to them a little bit down the road. I never know if a story (or poem on occasion) will get finished until it's finished. Thanks for sharing Mak!

-CW

Posted 10 Years Ago


This is well done. I agree with your words here. I often feel like what I have in my mind cant come out correctly so I don't even bother. That is too bad. We could all just hit the delete button if we don't like what we came up with...right?

Posted 10 Years Ago


You set fire to the stones that surround your soul. And even in the mist of mind's fog, you find a light to illuminate the world with words and give us hope that we too can fight on until comes the flood. Love your courage to burn. xo

Posted 10 Years Ago


This is the truth.Sometimes there are words running across your mind in a nonsensical order, and you can't pen anything no matter how you try.Iseem to be there right now:)

Posted 10 Years Ago


ugh writers block is the worst! good use of imagery and symbolisum

Posted 10 Years Ago



First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

436 Views
11 Reviews
Rating
Added on December 26, 2013
Last Updated on December 26, 2013

Author

Mak(ayla:)
Mak(ayla:)

Memphis, TX



About
I'm Makayla, but I prefer Mak. I haven't been on here in a long time. I've changed quite a bit, but I'm only growing wise. So, please read my work if you'd like. I'd love to see what you thin.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..