Chapter 3

Chapter 3

A Chapter by Dtrainy
"

Oh damn.

"
Chapter 3
Oh damn.
I did not just do that. I sent that message to the completely wrong person... I sent it to Ryker.
Oh my gosh! What do I do? Do I continue the conversation or tell him I sent it to the wrong person. WAIT! There's a Leo in that new show....gosh what's it called? Agh, it doesn't matter. I was talking about that Leo and fantasizing about him to Keiko and I clicked the wrong number.
           "Hey. Sorry. We (Keiko and I) were fooling around and I
             pretended to have him ask me out..."
I press send and hope that this message would resolve the problem...but nothing is ever that simple. I look up and notice everyone's gone to class. Damn. I get up and run all the way up to the third floor, where I have Life Orientation. I walk in, out of breath...Damn I need to start working out. The teacher notices me but says nothing. Perks of being a senior right? I take the only open seat left, which happens to be next to one of my best friends, Nicholas. I sit down while taking out my books.
"Tsk tsk." He shakes his head in a teasing playful way.
"What? I got caught up in something, okay?" I answer in a tone that said 'You know this already'.
"Well you didn't miss much. Luckily. Imagine I had to take down notes for you! You'd owe me BIG time."
"Well aren't I a lucky girl to have a friend like you?" I joke, mimicking his teasing tone.
"You are the luckiest girl in the whole wide world! I am such a catch!"
I roll my eyes in response. He really is a good guy but I would never let him know that.
"Okay, Class. Please refer to page 10 if you have any questions and problems. If, after that, you are still stuck you can come to me after class."
"Wait," I turn whispering to Nicholas again. "What activity are we doing?"
Another voice came from in front of my desk. "Activity 5" Oh, Swarley's in this class too.  
"Thanks." I smiled at him. His name isn't really Swarley but you know that How I met your mother episode where Barney is mistaken for the name Swarley, Yeah... That.
There's really no reason why we call him Swarley ... It kinda just happened.
The Cell Block Tango song has been stuck in my head all day..."Pop. Six. Squish. Ah uh. Cicero. Lipshitz. " Oh gosh, it'll be stuck there all day now.
I start on my activity, and the heading seems to  be Ironic... 'Relationships: Does she/he like you?'  The answer needs to be yes! The question is, if it comes to it, who would I choose? Ryker or Leo? The quote goes : If you are in love with two people, choose the second one. You wouldn't have fallen in love with the second if you were truly in love with the first.
The bell rang, giving me a fricking heart attack. "You alright?" Swarley asked with a giggle in his voice.
"Yes! I was just zoned out." I answer quickly. I pack my stuff away and stand up.
"Oh and class remember we have a new person coming next term." Oh right! We end school tomorrow! YEAH!! Oh damn, and I have a hockey match today. We are playing for Second team as most of their team and my own team are M.I.A.
"Oh and Cooper, she takes all of your subjects. Could you please show her around."
"Of course, ma'am!" My phone buzzes in my pocket. It's a text from Ryker.
   "Well that's good, because I was meaning to ask you out."
Oh my. What do I say? Ah, I know.
  "Well why don't you? :)"
Did I seriously just do that? What if he like says something like he doesn't want to anymore?
Well it's too late now. Let's just hope for the best.
I realize I've already walked to my next class, Art. I like art but I'm doing it for the theory. I'm alright at the practical but It's not my ambition to become an artist.
I want to be an Art Museum Curator. I want to exhibit art in such a way that it affects peoples lives.  I want art to mean something.
Our project in art at the moment is to draw a box with all fine detail included and to draw a crushed up box with all fine detail included. I left mine till last minute and it's due tomorrow... I'll do it this afternoon. I work better at home than at school. I need my own space.
"Well, well, well. I guess I should do what I said I would." Ryker! What is he doing here? He goes to a different school so far away.
"Ryker! What are you doing here?" I sound shocked and sort of happy. Maybe because I was really happy.
"I'm here asking you out. Like I said I would." He gave this smile that could light up the planet earth.
"Cooper, Will you please do me the great privilege of going out with me on a date?"
This is really happening... Oh my. The words weakly escape my mouth...
"Yes." In realization, I repeated it louder. "Yes!" I ran to him to hug him.
This is possibly the best day ever. Now to find out what to do about Leo.



© 2015 Dtrainy


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

95 Views
Added on April 17, 2015
Last Updated on April 17, 2015


Author

Dtrainy
Dtrainy

Pretoria, Gauteng, South Africa



About
I'm an aspiring writer and in need of tips and reviews :) more..

Writing
Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by Dtrainy


Chapter 2 Chapter 2

A Chapter by Dtrainy