A Hill of Lightning, Stone, and Willpower

A Hill of Lightning, Stone, and Willpower

A Poem by Chase Dylan
"

A wild flower...

"
Upon a hill of lighting stone and will power.
A wild flower sits nestled.
Fighting the cold for hours and hours... 
This speck of warmth grows sapped of power, and with sour thoughts it folds inward to find shine. 
For sunlight is gone today, no end in sight.
 Wrought with rot this fantasy of fallacy unbalancing me sought a higher mire to be mucked in.
 Stuck within a daily allowance of lies that I have no control over, it's a slower burning binge watch desire.
 A road outta this... 
But stuck up on the daily grind outta this...
 Sapped and lauded with no way outta this...
But looking for a way outta this.
 A slave keeping a promise to mark laid way graves of penned hopefulness.
 A grave mistake paved the way
Shifting through rosy bliss and mopey rage.
 Grit was all I had left when taking her last hits of severed sipped rips of breath.
 Of her death...
 Of her cherry-dipped head...
 I couldn't take it, the scary rippling of guessing games and riddle stages set for pages in a book.
 A hook for aging winks in a look.
 I couldn't guess the mist that would overtake my loom, leave it dripping and sopping, unable to spin the roof over my head.
 No longer edged, but couldn't take the bled wishing anymore.
 I feel dead...
 Like the withered look she slithered my way upon sovereign days of departed ways...
Lead to the fire for chilling praise...
This game of hellish desire we play.

© 2017 Chase Dylan


Author's Note

Chase Dylan
Cherries...

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

the way the willpower has been showcased, it increases the potentiality of lines... the combination of your high-voltage imagery power and choice of words made a difference...we guys should clap just to welcome this kind of write... amazing one silente sir :)

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Chase Dylan

6 Years Ago

Haha, amazing review, like always... you make me feel quite appreciated... (Also big-headed, a bit o.. read more



Reviews

"Like the withered look she slithered my way upon sovereign days of departed ways..."
Withering and slithering - shades of Jabberwocky! I can read your work easily in my mind and while at a glance, it doesn't appear to be flowing, when you get started, it's like white water rafting. Once you're in it, you're in it until it's over. Whew!

Posted 6 Years Ago


This one sort of proves your command of language, of imagery. You start with a deft, poetic description. You then, slowly attach a grim, loose urban rhyme, rich with poetic glances. This is well done.

Posted 6 Years Ago


yeow! and cherries can be so sweet and pretty ... i painted my "chopper" black cherry several times ... a favorite color in those 60s ;)
i find this to be a fast, automatic fire of a poem ..loaded with metaphor and imaging ... strong words galore ... i felt a lot of the frustrations i read into your poem ..when i was a young man ...difficult things do come our way ..some by our choices and some out of our control ..but difficult non-the-less ... we can make it through though ...all the over 60s are a measure of proof eh!?
E
ps. love your author's note ... Cherries indeed!

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Chase Dylan

6 Years Ago

Hah, Einstein, thanks so much for the appreciation.... That Old School feel to your insight, and the.. read more
Einstein Noodle

6 Years Ago

ahahaha ..well thank you so much Silente ..its a fine thing to be getting to know you a bit :)
Chase Dylan

6 Years Ago

Indeed, I agree, Einstein... Haha, cherry poppers and all...!
the way the willpower has been showcased, it increases the potentiality of lines... the combination of your high-voltage imagery power and choice of words made a difference...we guys should clap just to welcome this kind of write... amazing one silente sir :)

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Chase Dylan

6 Years Ago

Haha, amazing review, like always... you make me feel quite appreciated... (Also big-headed, a bit o.. read more
This piece gave me chills!

'Fighting the cold for hours and hours...
This speck of warmth grows sapped of power'

I can't resist a good rhyming scheme. And the message... Wow.

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Chase Dylan

7 Years Ago

Me either, resist a good scheme, that is... Your words wow me, thank you...
You are a amazing writer.
"Wrought with rot this fantasy of fallacy unbalancing me sought a higher mire to be mucked in.
Stuck within a daily allowance of lies that I have no control over, it's a slower burning binge watch desire."
I did like the above lines. You make the words come alive and stand tall for the reader. I enjoyed the complete poem and thank you for sharing your amazing work. I will read more tomorrow. I'm off to work.
Coyote

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Chase Dylan

7 Years Ago

Wow, Coyote, you outdo yourself with the praise and adoration... Thanks! It means the world to know .. read more
Coyote Poetry

7 Years Ago

I enjoyed your work and you are welcome.
'I couldn't guess the mist that would overtake my loom, leave it dripping and sopping, unable to spin the roof over my head. ~ No longer edged, but couldn't take the bled wishing anymore... '

What an extraordinarily rip.roaring, erotic piece of writing, not only because of its theme and extravagance but because you use recognisable literary phrasing along with more casual words like 'outa', 'binge'!

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

emmajoy

7 Years Ago

I'm good at the latter, believe me! You might have noticed that in my response I omitted the word .. read more
Chase Dylan

7 Years Ago

I... was honestly wondering about that... If we are not good at being human... Then what good are we.. read more
emmajoy

7 Years Ago

Abso-bloomin-lightly!
Ahhh, you weave your magic this time somewhere between normal poetry writing and your usual triumphant conglomeration of rhythmic wording. And it is a success! Much admiration here. You're work sends my heart pounding! I.I.

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Man, I'm digging this. It gathers pace and as it does the lines get more and more dramatic. Ending with an explosion at the finish line. Great intensity that boasts intrigue. Awesome job

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Chase Dylan

7 Years Ago

Thanks very much, my friend, I consider your praise highly indeed...
the last 15 lines were just captivating,not saying the rest wasn't good either, it's all good but the last lines delivered in a frantic rush.

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Chase Dylan

7 Years Ago

Thank you very much, friend... I enjoyed that part the most as well... Good eye...

First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

567 Views
15 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 2 Libraries
Added on March 9, 2017
Last Updated on March 9, 2017
Tags: Poetry

Author

Chase Dylan
Chase Dylan

Denver, CO



About
Words have me, but I never seem to have words. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..