Monster Am I?

Monster Am I?

A Chapter by Madeline
"

Chapter One.

"

"The pain...of being alone...is not an easy one to bear" I dragged myself towards him,leaving a trail of blood behind..I didn't care,for these were the words I wanted to say before I died.. "why is it....that I can understand your pain....?"

he looked at me...he felt guilty and frustrated.."Stop!!....go away....no.." he whispered...I didn't listen..

"But....I already have many people who are important to me now.....and I can't let you hurt any of them..even..." I looked at my blood stained hands,they were burned from my full power that I had used on him..I have no strength left,since I used my hidden power..but why am I still forcing myself to do this...it's like this is supposed to happen..like this is my destiny..


I looked at him and said,with my last words..."even...if I have to...kill..you."


Chapter One.



The moon was high and bright above my head. The damp,cold air gently caressed my skin, my hair lifted up,weightless. Fog wrapped me in a cocoon. My clothes were soaked and my breathing was coming out on short
gasps.I had my weight on one elbow and my other hand was wrapped around my side.

it was burning and my eyes stinged of my mascara.

"thhheeeerrrreee yyyoooou aaarrrrree.." someone hissed/whispered,or at least I think it was someone.a dark figure stepped from behind a dead hollow tree and stared straight at me.Red hot fear shot through me.What is that thing? I asked myself.

As it came closer, I could see its eyes...they were red. My mouth dropped open,and I was about to yell 'what the hell do you take me for,Halloween is just a month away morons,this is a cheap trick!! '
but when I took a good look at his face..it was to real...so true..The instinct to get away gnawed at my brain but my body was motionless, unmoving.. The thing came closer.
My body froze.

"Abyss.."the thing whispered again.It moved swiftly. Fast. Too fast. It was mere inches from me when I screamed.

I shot straight up to my knees and then as I got up and stumbled away.

"Youuurrr Teemppttingg mee.." it chuckled as it reached out to grab me.

I shot out of my bed like a slingshot. I coughed, my throat was dry. My eyes were crusted shut. I rubbed at them, then slowly opened them. The clock read it was seven in the morning.
Damn it. I keep having these strange, creepy dreams. They wake me up way
too early in the morning. It's really annoying. Might as well get up
now.


I took a quick hot shower my hair was curled when I got out,I looked great with curls but once it drys out it turns straight and a little wavy,like my bangs.so I straighten them.I teased the upper part of my hair and the long down part I made into two pony tails.
With a towel wrapped around me, I started toward my bedroom. There was a knock at the front door. "Hold up!" I shouted as loudly as I could.

Running to my bedroom now, I threw on a black tank top and with a white long sleeve v-neck shirt with jean short and my skinned furry black boots. Then, I ran down stairs. I checked the peep hole on my front door. No one was there. I rolled my eyes.they could wait for a minute, or Maybe I was hearing things?

Breakfast sounded nice so, I went and grabbed a bowl of cereal. A shadow passed over my window. What the hell? There was a knock at my door...again.

I ran to the door and swung it open...nothing was there.

Suddenly, something pushed me and I flew through the air and hit the stairs, landing hard.

My back exploded with pain and A tear trailed down my cheek.Wind exploded through the front doors and a dark figure came toward me.

It had red eyes...I inhaled a lung full of oxygen and let out the loudest, shrilly shriek I've ever produced.


"I've finally found you, Abyss. Don't cry, it only makes me want you more!" The thing chuckled. It sounded like screeching tires. My ears wanted to close the sound out. My pulse quickened even more.The thing
came closer.

"Get away!" I yelled,with all my strength I got up and sprinted up the stairs. At the last step, leading into the hallway toward my bedroom, the thing appeared and pushed me. I flew down the stairs and hit the
front doors. How was that possible?! I got up as quickly as possible,
but the world turned upside down and I fell to my knees.

I began to crawl. Something warm slid down my scalp.


I had to be dead by now,no human could win against this much strength..I literally flew down the stairs and hit the front doors that are about ten feet away.I'm hallucinating.
this is all a dream..
I'll wake up any moment now...

There was a loud screech that made me look up. The thing was glaring at me, licking its lips.

I crawled faster.

I reached my living room and moved toward the back door. The damn thing appeared right at my exit. Shoot.

The warm stuff slid down my forehead and dripped on the carpet. Red. I was bleeding.

The thing inhaled deeply and opened its mouth.

Large...fangs appeared...did I just say fangs? Oh my God. It couldn't be...The thing with fangs came at me with sickening speed, punching my stomach.

I flew again, through the air, and fell through the glass coffee table. I laid still. Everything was going fuzzy. In and out I went. The thing smiled a large, sharp toothy grin. All his teeth were sharp...abnormally sharp.

Everything was wrong. This wasn't possible. It just isn't.



"Get away from her, you stupid demon." There was a dark,deep voice. It rang through my head. Everything was black. My vision had gone, I depended on my hearing only.


"You're just like me." The thing screamed and began to laugh. Something crashed. Then the sound of running, and a grunt. Something fell to the floor. A loud THUNK.

I felt myself being lifted up.Pain shot through my whole body.

Someone huffed before saying,"You'll be fine. Just hang in there." It was the dark,deep voice. I relaxed just a little because at least
this...person...sounded normal. My hearing began to fade and i felt as
though i was drifting. Everything became silent, I think I passed out.


***********



The first thing that came to mind as I woke up was, Did I have another dream?. But after realization hit, and feeling creeped back into me, I realized it hadn't been. The thing with red eyes....all of my blood...being
thrown around, then carried off by some dark, deep voiced guy. All of it
was real.Oh my God.

I opened my eyes slowly. There was a bright light that made me wince and shut my eyes,quickly. I slowly opened them again and saw a figure leaning over me. I jumped, letting
out a small yelp. The figure came into view and
it was...a really hot guy.He had brown hair and gentle green eyes. His
lips looked nice and soft...He looked so kind.



"You're finally awake!" The guy threw his hands up in the air and smiled. I stayed quiet and just stared at him. His voice wasn't deep and dark. It was soft and husky. He had a nice, musical voice. I
suddenly felt very aware of what I looked like. My face flushed.


"Yeah." I spoke softly. My voice sounded so small. So un-confident. I flushed even more.The boy looked down at me. His face showed concern. I panicked,"I'm fine, you....No worries, I...you...I'm sorry." I coughed.

"Why are you sorry?" The boy laughed, his green eyes softening. He grabbed a glass of water for me out of a small fridge beside my bed. I
gulped the water down after he handed it to me. A small blinker went off
beside my bed and the boy froze."Damn." He mumbled.


I stared at him again. He was just so handsome. He looked at me with worry. I asked,"What's wrong?"


"Are you alright?"


"I'm feeling fine, why?"


"'Cause we have to go." The boy threw the sheet on the ground I had been laying in. He then picked me up and opened a door. He ran down a
hall.It was narrow with confusing sharp turns that made my head spin.

There was a screeching noise. My blood ran cold. Was that.....? The
boy seemed to notice the fear on my face, he held me tighter. "Those are
blood screechers. They're dumb and easy to kill...if they're alone. One
attacked you, it's dead now, don't worry. If someone untrained such as
yourself meets one then yes, they're hard to kill. As long as you're
with me, you're safe though." He kept running.

He kept running. He came to an abrupt stop at a tall, mahogany door. He barged through.

"What the hell, Chris?" A deep...dark voice bellowed. The deep, dark voice.I searched for where it came from.


"Get up.Blood screechers." The boy...Chris, said.


"Chris?" I tested his name on my tongue. It was pronounced Cris.The
boy holding me looked down and smiled wide, showing straight white
teeth. I smiled back.
Someone stepped out from the shadows.

It was a boy. WOW!, he was sexy as hell. His black hair fell in his face. His blue eyes were cold.

He had snake-bites.

He looked really,really dangerous. Then he spoke,"They finally caught up." He was the guy with the deep, dark voice. HIM.

I thought about him holding me. I felt my face turn bright red. I stared at him with my mouth slightly open. Wow.


"What about her? Draven, she can't fight in this condition." I looked at Chris. So Draven was the sexy guy,huh. The one that saved me.

Oh, these guys are so hot I cant even think. What the?!

I felt even more conscience about my appearance. There was a mirror behind Draven. I tried to peek behind him but he was too tall and I was too far away.
Darn it.

Draven looked at me with his icy blue eyes, I felt myself cringe. He continued to stare. I became hot again. I stared back and I rolled my eyes without any reason, He finally looked away."You stay with her." He ran out of the room.


Once Chris put me down but held my hand, I realized two things: my clothing,and my look. My black hair was crazy and fell in my face. My blue eyes were circled with purple and black bags. Oh my
sweet baby Jesus. I looked TERRIBLE.my white long sleeve shirt I had was ripped.one sleeve was ripped short and it was teared at the end.I had a huge bruise on my knee and a huge gash on my thigh.

There was a screeching noise and Chris froze again. I looked up at him. I didn't really know what to say. I didn't know what was going on. Or where i was. Those were important questions. "Where are we?" I
managed to ask.


  Chris didn't look at me when he answered,"It's an abandoned house."


"What's going on?"


"Blood screechers are trying to get to you."


I am so confused. "Why?"


"Because." He glanced at me. There was a thud and a thousand hissing noises. My blood froze again.

  Chris looked at me fully. He came over and scooped me up, then he stared at a widow that was heavily draped. My eyes grew wide,"No..." I said
slowly. Too late.he jumped out the window just as the door flew off
it's hinges. May I ask again....What.The.Hell?!?



Once Chris hit the ground I heard another person land. I looked. It was Draven. I clung onto Chris for dear life. He ran really damn fast. I saw Blood Screechers drop out of the window,too. All their red eyes
fixated on me. I gulped down bile in my throat. I felt so helpless.
Draven said something but I couldn't hear him over the screeching of those
damn things.


"-GO--wrong---short..." Every other word got cut off from Draven's sentence. I looked at him with bewilderment and fear. Thats when it happened.


A blood screecher came out of nowhere tackling Draven to the floor. I screamed as the thing bit into Draven, blood oozed out. I felt my mouth drop and my eyes go wide. My hands dug
into Chris's shoulder. He looked behind him and saw Draven.

He hesitated, but kept running. I was shocked. "What the hell are you doing?! Lets go get him, Chris!" He kept running...the Blood Screeches gathered around
Draven while some still chased Chris and I.

We had to go back for Draven. I had to go back for Draven. He had saved my life, I owed him. "Chris, stop! We have to get Draven!" he didn't stop, so I punched him in the
face. It was on impulse and I didn't know what I had done but Chris let
go, so I ran.


I don't know how it happened, how I had done it or anything like that. But the first line of blood screechers were heading toward me and I......threw something at them. They fell to the ground withering in
pain. I ran till I hit the group of Blood Screechers surrounding Draven.
That is when i panicked.

They all came at me,tearing at my clothes. Some pulled my hair, some grabbed my arm. I fought, my breathing became so heavy. Everything was turning into bright colors. I saw Draven out of the corner of my eye trying to get up to protect me. He looked
pissed off.



Chris was running toward me yelling something. I'm not so sure what. I felt the air gently push against my body.my clothes were ripped. This sooooo was not goo. I felt something tug inside my chest.
Hot tears fell down my cheeks.

"She smells deliiciiioooous." A Blood Screecher licked his lips and moved in on me. He licked my neck and shivered. I screamed like an insane person and kneed him in the stomach.Chris got hit in the
nose by a Blood Screecher. He fell. Blood pored from his nose.

He got up and pulled out a gun, beginning to shoot Blood Screechers left and right. A hard look in his eyes.


"Abyss, don't you dare do it." Draven moaned into my ear.

What was he talking about.my skin felt hot,way hot.I thought I was running a fever but no.specks of red formed in my eye sight.I was being blind.

Draven was continuously saying to calm down and not think. Screeches were ringing out all around us. My head spun.


Don't you black out,Abyss, Don't. My eyes drooped. Not again! Just before I blacked out, Something exploded inside me.color blasted behind my eyelids,it wasn't color or expression I felt...it was...it was power.


  My body became heavy. The sound of dropping bodies came from everywhere. Draven looked at me. He wasn't bleeding anymore. Chris ran up. He had stopped bleeding as well.




I blacked out, and this time, I'm sure of it.


*****************




I woke up this time, getting a piggyback ride. The person holding me was running quickly. We were in the damp forest. There was a light drizzle. I felt like crap. My body felt drained. I felt as though
everything had been ripped out. I rested my head against the person's
back...who was it? Chris or Draven? I couldn't tell....I was to tired.I looked at his hair.it was black...the fume of dry blood hit me.


I tried not to gag...I sniffed the fumes by his ear,Yeah it's weird but what else could I do?



"Did you just sniff me?" Draven growled. My face grew hot. I coughed and bit on my lip. "Did you?" He growled again.


"Yes..."I whispered shyly. I tightened my arms around his neck. "Where's Chris?" I asked quietly.


Draven shrugged but other than that he didn't try to communicate with me at all. Even in that room area. What was his deal? Maybe he didn't like me...but why?

I don't even know these guys.

"Are you bleeding?" Draven suddenly asked me. I looked at my arm and sure enough there was blood dripping from it...how had that
happened?Draven suddenly set me down and began walking. "Chris will be
there in a minute. Just wait." With that he walked away. A*s. I tried to
take a step but my legs shook violently and I fell to the floor.


I began to pick at my torn clothing. I stopped once an original tear tore even more from my nail. I began to play with my hair. Where was Chris? I sighed heavily. What if those things came again? My
breathing quickened.


I am in the middle of some cold forest, in a torn sheet. It's raining and I'm being attacked and followed by Blood Screechers. I don't know how long I've been out, but I felt tears fill my eyes. My life
seemed to be falling apart. Everything gone within a matter of days.



The tears finally fell and it felt good to let them fall. Someone touched my shoulder and I jumped letting out a yelp. I whipped my head
around and saw Chris standing there with his hands up as if he's saying
he surrenders. I stared at him. I don't know this guy, why should I
trust him? Why should I go with him?

"What's wrong?" Chris looked at me, he tilted his head to the side.


"Who are you?" My voice sounded irritated.


"You know who i am."


"I know your name. Not who you are." I glared at him. He looked back at me, hurt clearly in his eyes. I felt bad but i had to make sure i knew who he was before i went any farther
with him.


"I cant explain anything to you until we reach where we have to go. We're almost there, so you can learn everything soon." He spoke quietly. I continued to glare but stopped. My
face going blank.

I didn't know where we were, I had no place to stay. It was useless.


I got up, slowly. Chris came over and picked me up.

I refused to look him in the eye. There was an awkward silence. I sighed and closed my eyes. I was still in pain if....if we were close to our destination i might as well sleep, right?

Sleeping wasn't hard. I just stopped thinking and I drifted off.





© 2010 Madeline


Author's Note

Madeline
comment,and rate,!!

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

106 Views
Added on September 18, 2010
Last Updated on September 18, 2010


Author

Madeline
Madeline

Phoenix, AZ



About
Well I'm in high school. I love photography and I have a lot of imagination. I'm really talkative and I have the biggest crush ever. I love writing and I'm athletic. I watch Naruto & Naruto Shippu.. more..

Writing