Chapter 1

Chapter 1

A Chapter by Hotaru Miyuki

     * 17 Years Later *

 

      "Edward! I need you in the stable!" Elizabeth called.

      I was just finishing up taking the firewood inside our poor home when I heard my mother call me. I only had a couple minutes left before I had to leave for school. I lay the firewood next to the fireplace and I sprinted for the door. I grabbed my school bag on the way out.

       I'm considered the fastest runner in my grade level. The October wind  blew in my face as I ran to the stable where my protective mother, Elizabeth, was waiting for me.

        I skidded to a stop in front of her. My mother looks very much like me, the bronze hair and emerald green eyes. "Edward, I need you to stroke Penny for me so I can give her some medicine. Be careful though if she trys to kick you."

        My mother always asks me to do this. I love animals and I can calm them. I can always seem to tell what makes them happy. Mother loves it when I help her around the farm and Penny likes me to stroke her gently. I rubbed my hand across her silk copper fur. Mother gave her the medicine and I stopped.

        "Sorry Mother. I have to get to school," I said. I am in a bit of a rush.

       "Okay Edward. Have a nice day."

        It takes about 30 minutes to walk to school. My parents always offer me to take me to school but I rather walk and enjoy the fresh air.

        It's usually the same routine. About half way there, I run into my friend, Charles Reed. Charles' family is very rich. His father owns a company that seems to make a lot of money. Charles likes me because he doesn't really care if he is rich and I don't really care either. I like my life the way it is.

        "Good morning Edward," Charles greeted me.

        I nodded. "Morning," I responed back.

        He chuckled. "Always the quiet type. Really Edward you have to be a little more outgoing if you are to have a mate one of these days days."

         Charles is one for the girls. He always gives me advice on how to find the perfect "mate" or "soul mate". Lots of girls like me but they don't seem to be for me. I don't feel the same way back.

         "Honastly Charles. I'm not cut out for this. I'm just not into anyone."

        He laughed. "Don't worry. I've heard that Rose has affection for you."

        I ignored him as he continued on about more girls. I don't like to talk about it. I much rather talk about animals. I want to take care of them one day. I will continue the Masen farm and all the animals that live and die there.

        Soon enough, to my luck, we were at school. Our school isn't really big. No one can afford to go to school these days. At the front stood the one girl who only accepts me as a friend, Maria Confell. Maria is more of a tomboy than all the others. Like us, she is different than anyone else.

          She skipped to us. "Morning boys."

          I nodded.

          "Morning Maria!" Charles greeted.

          She grinned. Then she looked worried. "I forgot there was a test today. Do any of you have the papers?"        

           Charles groaned. "Aw man, the math test! I didn't study! And for once I actually brought them home too!"

           As Charles looked over his papers, I grabbed mine out and gave them to Maria. "I studided so you can borrow mine if you like."

            She smiled. "Really? Thanks!" She lightly punched me in the arm.

            The bell tolled loudly as we all rushed into the school house.



© 2009 Hotaru Miyuki


Author's Note

Hotaru Miyuki
sorry it took so long! hope you liked it so far!

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Good! Short but good and you need to remember that Edward was born in the 18th century so remember when using words that u use words the might sound old fashion and stuff! Great by the way XD

Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

259 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on May 8, 2009
Last Updated on May 18, 2009


Author

Hotaru Miyuki
Hotaru Miyuki

Stratford, NJ



About
Hi. My name's Lauren but I like the name Hotaru. Hotaru means Firefly in japanese if you want to know. I love anime and manga. Here's a list of some I like... Naruto Bleach Inuyasha Fruits Baske.. more..

Writing
Prolouge Prolouge

A Chapter by Hotaru Miyuki


Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by Hotaru Miyuki


Chapter 2 Chapter 2

A Chapter by Hotaru Miyuki