Institute Guidance

Institute Guidance

A Chapter by Eli_Wolf-Queen
"

Chapter 2

"

(Levina)

Zeenat drives to the Institute like a maniac. I just hope to The Angel that we don’t die in a car accident when I have barely started living in the first place.


“Slow down! Slow the heck down!!! I don’t want to die before I’m 20!” I yell and grab onto the roof handle above the car door.


“Well, you might die before 20 anyway since we are hunting Vampires. And they kill people for a living to drink their blood and make slaves and more Vampires with the humans' blood. So if you are thinking that I could kill you, think again because Vampires will most likely kill you before I do.” Zee replies and pulls into a parking space outside of the Institute. I sigh and get out of the car while grabbing my bags.


“Are you sure this is the right way to go about when your parents and sister just died?” I ask and look over the roof of the car and at Zeenat.


“Yes. I think it was either a demon or another Vampire that didn’t like my mother and sister. Granted they were both Vampires but the other Shadowhunters didn’t know that. Only my father and I knew that they were Vampires. Well until I told you just now.” Zeenat replies and grabs her bags and locks the car doors. She starts to walk up to a broken down building.


“What are you doing? You shouldn’t go in there, you don’t know what’s in there and how bad the building is in decay and ruin.” I say and run up to Zeenat.

“You need to look through the glamour that is on this place. I know you are a Shadowhunter like me. I can feel it in my bones that you are. You just need to trust me on this one please, Levina.” Zeenat says and pulls something out of her pocket and begins to draw something pink on her arm.


“What are you doing?” I ask and look at her arm where a pink mark has been drawn.


“I’m drawing a rune. Now take my hand. And don’t freak out when I do this. We don’t need a fainting Shadowhunter.” Zeenat says and puts her hand on the broken and boarded up door. Zeenat says a couple of words that I don’t understand. She begins to slip into the door and I soon follow. I look around and gasp.


“This is amazing! How did you do that?” I say and turn in a circle.


“I have a rune that helps me see past some glamours that the shadowhunters have set up to keep us safe from the human world. But don’t worry you’ll get used to it.” Zeenat replies and walks down the hall. I follow and we walk right up to the big cherry wood double doors. Zeenat opens the doors and the people that were in the room look up and smile at the sight of Zeenat.


“Come back to the Institute have you now, Zeenat?” A balding man answers and walks up to us. He holds out his hand and smiles down at us.


“Rick, this is my best friend Levina. Levina this is Rick. He’s the new Head of the Institute here.” Zeenat says and smiles up at Rick like he’s a second dad to her.


“Hi, Rick. Nice to meet you. What do you do here anyway? Is this like a club where all the night children hang out?” I laugh but my laughter dies when Rick glares at me.


“No need to mock the night children, Miss Levina. You never know when you’re going to run into them.” Rick says and turns around.


“But no, this is not a nightclub if you are still thinking that. It is a place for Shadowhunters go to train that are local to this area. They come here when nowhere else will take them in because of their special abilities. Which I can feel some coming off of you at this very moment.” Rick says and looks over his shoulder at me. I sigh and glance over at Zeenat. She has that smug look on her face when she knows she’s right. I glare at her and finally smile.


“Zeenat will show you to your room, Levina. Please keep up with her and don’t get lost.” Rick says and walks over to a table with maps on it that is in the middle of the room. Zeenat starts walking through the narrow doorway and I run to catch up to her.


“Where is my room exactly?” I ask and look around the hallway. The walls were a cream-colored paint with paintings of Angels fighting Demons on Earth. Tables set up with small little bouquets in crystal glass vases. This kind of reminds me of Zeenat’s home. Her hallways and rooms were always spotless and clean. Her mother used to stay home and clean the house while Zeenat and Liz went to school and their father went to work.


“Your room is right next to mine. There is a door connecting the two rooms so you can come into mine whenever you need too. But only when I’m there or you tell me ahead of time.” Zeenat says and opens up a door. I step through the doorway and gasp. The walls were painted a midnight blue with white trimming. A queen-sized bed with an orange bedspread and white pillows. On the far side of the wall are a dresser and a bookcase. I set my bags on the bed and smile.


“This is a beautiful room, Zeenat! How did you know that this is how my room was at my house?” I ask and sit on the edge of the bed.


“I didn’t but I guessed because you told me you like the color orange because it is a signal for Greek. And the blue you told me was something about how the ocean looked when the sun was setting against the water and the sky.” Zeenat replies and returns my smile. Something beeps in Zeenat’s front jeans pocket and she takes it out to look at it.


“We have to go. Rick wants us to go to the training room to start your training immediately.” Zeenat says and starts walking towards the door. I sigh and follow her out the door and to the training room.




© 2019 Eli_Wolf-Queen


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

49 Views
Added on April 30, 2019
Last Updated on April 30, 2019


Author

Eli_Wolf-Queen
Eli_Wolf-Queen

Hastings, NE



About
I enjoy watching the sunset and the sunrise. I enjoy staying home rather than going out and partying with people I don't know. And I enjoy watching television shows that interest me. more..

Writing