Forever Fair: Chapter Six

Forever Fair: Chapter Six

A Chapter by Elise Pehrson
"

Sixth chapter in "Forever Fair," which comes out to own on March 20, 2013--get your copy (or ebook) on Amazon.com!

"

 

            The very next day, Azelia was wed to the wizard of the surname Altaire. It flew by in a blur because Azelia hardly cared about it, about him, or anything else besides the precious new gift she had received. After the wedding, Azelia stared longingly into the mirror, now propped onto the wall in her napping room. She brushed her hair with her fingers and smiled to herself, “fairest of them all,” she whispered.

            The door to her room suddenly opened, revealing her new husband standing in a king’s attire of trimmed satin pants, boots, and robes with tassels and differed embroideries lining every inch of the white silk material. He closed the door behind him and walked over to his bride. She looked up at him with a gleam in her eyes as he sat next to her and began stroking her elegant, glossy hair.

            “There is a catch to this mirror,” he finally broke the euphoric silence. Azelia looked at him in horror.

            “What do you mean?” she barked, “I am the fairest of them all! There is none alive more attractive than me.”

            “If there is one to be born that is destined to be more beautiful than you,” he replied, “you will die.” Azelia looked into his dark eyes with terror. He stood up and started pacing the room. “But,” he finally said, “You still have until sunset to accept this offer.”

            “But I’m already married to you,” she replied, but he just shrugged.

            “That was your decision.” He shot back, clasping his hands together behind his back. She looked down at her fine carpet, then up at her mirror, then back to her handsome new husband James. He was far more handsome than that fat Jonathon, she thought. She looked back at the mirror and touched her porcelain cheek.

            “I agree,” she said confidently�"the king walked closer to her and sat back down next to her.

            “You look simply divine, my queen,” he breathed as he took one hand and began caressing her arm. She looked back at his yearning eyes and placed her hand on the nape of his neck. They stared longingly at each other for a very long moment, taking in the moment embracing them. Then, the wizard Altaire leaned in and kissed Azelia’s tender lips�"she kissed back and wrapped her arms around him. Our child will be so beautiful she thought to herself pleasingly as they continued kissing. Simply beautiful.



© 2013 Elise Pehrson


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

214 Views
Added on February 27, 2013
Last Updated on February 27, 2013
Tags: Snow White, fantasy, fairy tale, magic


Author

Elise Pehrson
Elise Pehrson

About
"If you know what you are going to write when you're writing a poem, it's going to be average." --Derek Walcott My new book "Forever Fair" is available on Amazon and on demand at any store in the U.. more..

Writing
Chapter One Chapter One

A Chapter by Elise Pehrson