Chapter One - Briley Veritas

Chapter One - Briley Veritas

A Chapter by Ellary™
"

The beginning

"

Starred word guide: * d-Dennis and Hiyana were made up. Don't look them up. They're fake.

                                  * Relax;; It's just the name of her new school.

                                    * In this story, 'Sio,' when put after a name, shows a sign of interest, or love.

                                     * It's a pen, because it's some kind of future board thing, not a chalk/ dry erase board.

                                     * Sakeri is a year three, in high school. They're measured in years now, instead of Junior/Senior etc.

                                    

 

 

 

Chapter One.- Briley Veritas

 

 

 

              It's the year 2132. The year at my new school.

              I tend to keep to myself; a blessing and a curse. I'm too smart for my age, and I'm disliked by the envious. I like old music, a lot. To be honest, I don't know a lot of the new songs. I mean the ones by D-dennis and Hiyana.* I've never even seen their faces.

              Enough with the pointlessness. My name is Briley.[Bry-Lee] I'm entering my 2nd year at Escula Secundaria Pedro Lobo*, a prep school, because I'm too smart. I recently moved to CCC from Farnox. Two completely different towns. I don't care at all, everyone at the different schools are all the same. They'll be a dumb one, a blonde, a boy who's way too perverted, and the preps. They'll be one or two boys that try to change themselves so they'll get along with me, but they'll fail. Like they always do. One of the teachers will act way too childish, and they'll be the boy that all the girls like. I'm being stereotypical, but I'm right. As for me, I'll be placed as the beauty queen at first. After they get to know me, my position will gradually change to outcast. It's always been that way, it wont change now. The one thing good about this school is the uniform. Atleast this skirt is a reasonable length.

              I wore tennis shoes, with bunched up socks. My skirt went to my mid-thigh, the length they were supposed to be; it was tan. The top was a greyish color, with the schools logo on the left pocket area, the logo was red. The sleeves and neck were lined with the tan-ish skirt color.

             My feet finally made it to school grounds, but I was early. There was only one or two people here. I walked across the long school pavement. I walked under the shade of the parthanon. I was three steps away from my new school. My last year repeat.

            My teacher looked up from his glasses as I walked into the room. I pretended not to notice him.

           "Ah! Briley Veritas~!" He sung from across the room. I looked at him as bleakly as possible, but he was smiling too widely to see my monotone features. This was the teacher that acted childish. I could tell. Once he stopped smiling, I made my way over to him.

           "Thank you so much for giving me the privilege to attend such a nice school!" My kiss a*s self was now open for business.

           "Oh, Briley, With a straight A student like you, It's our privilege!" I smiled my best, It wasn't something I was used to doing, but I tried. The teacher just looked at me, skeptically.

           "Is something wrong?" I asked, trying to sound sweet.

           "You're just so cute when you smile, Briley-Sio!*~" The teacher let his eyes sparkle. I smiled awkwardly, but I tried to play along.

            Students deliberately started to walk in. I took my seat, and waited. That's all that was left to do, right?

           'Sakeri Siato.' He was the boy whose desk was next to mine. He was probably the jock, with my luck. The students tumbled in, and I easily spotted the jock, preps, ritzy blonde, and the nerd. No one took the seat of Sakeri, yet. All the seats were filled, except his. The odd thing is I could spot all the stereotypes. Was he normal? Impossible. Maybe he was another jock. You know what they say, the more the merrier. I rested my head on my folded arms. I wonder what a normal boy would be like...

           "Briley, could you please come introduce yourself?" The teacher said -- too friendly. I sighed, and stood up. I pushed my inanimate chair in before I got up. I walked to the front of the room. I stayed sideways for a minute, but then I spun around. I sighed, I had to try to be as cheerful as possible.

            "Hi! My name is Briley! I'm so excited to get to know all of you!" I smiled, and I got an echo of awes. I said no more, but the teacher bugged me again.

            "Tell us about yourself!~" The teacher said, him too in awe. I sighed; This is where the truth comes out.

            "I'm smart, and I stereotype people. I'm an outcast, so please don't talk to me. I don't want to talk to any of you. No; I wont go out with any of you, I have much better-" I was cut off by the sliding class room doors. A late student entered the room. Sakeri, it had to be. He was unclassified. His hair was dark brown, and his eyes as well. He didn't have any recognizable emotion on his face when he entered, just bleak. Sure enough, he took the seat next to mine. He looked up at me, and sighed. Like I would be a drag. I squinted my eyes.

           "Sorry for the rude interruption Briley, please start over." The teacher chanted.

           "As I was saying: I have no interest for any of you. I'm here to learn-- Even though I'm probably smarter then you anyway. I don't play sports, and I have better things to do then to make friends." I began to walk back to my seat, only to be stopped by the classes laugh.

           "That was so funny Briley~ I can't wait to get to know you!" A girl smiled up at me as I walked by.

           "Don't count on it." I looked down at her. Only Sakeri seemed to be taking this as the truth. His face was emotionless. Just like mine. I sat down, and looked forward. Most peoples eyes were fixed on me.

           "Now that she's been introduced, please head to your math class." I got up, and grabbed my book. Noticing that Sakeri was the only one with a book the same level as mine. He must have noticed my eyes fixed on the book.

            He gave no response, just a death glance.

           "Poor Briley, why should such a cute girl have to go to math class with scary Siato?" I heard someone whisper to one of their friends.

          I secretly followed him, because I didn't know where math was. The room had two desks. I looked at it, confused. I didn't bother to ask questions, I just took my seat. The teacher was unusually young, and seemed surprised when he saw me. He didn't ask any questions about it though. He turned around and started to write something on the board.

            'If 1/2x +1/2(1/2x + 1/2(1/2x +1/2(1/2x + ....= y, then x = ?' An easy one.

            "Briley, please come do this up on the board." I nodded and walked to the board.

           "Then the equation likes this: 1/2 +1/2(1/2 + 1/2(1/2 +1/2(1/2 + ... = y 1/2 +1/4 + 1/8 + 1/16 + 1/32 + ... = y That means y = 1 = x, and y = x." I explained as I did the problem. "So if y = 1 = x, x = 1." I put the pen* in the tray, and took my seat. I got a small applaud from Sakeri.

          He gave me a thumbs up. I just nodded my head. I couldn't find the right classification for him. He wasn't a nerd, or a jock. Mysterious.

            After my first problem, we proceeded to take turns doing problems on the board.

           "You're dismissed. No assignment. I don't think you even need to be in math. You'll pass the exams with flying colors anyway." The teacher shooed us off with a wave of his hand. I headed back to homeroom, sure enough, Sakeri followed.

            Lunch flew around, as did the rest of the day. This school is even easier then my old one. My small, girl like feet hit the iron platforms on the so-called roads in this town -- CCC. The bolts holding the road together were huge. Back in Farnox, some of the roads were so old they were still pavement. But here, the building towered over even the tallest building in Farnox. This wasn't a small town; this was CCC.

 

 

 

 

 

Note To Readers:

Please stick around! You have NO IDEA how cliche I felt while writing this chapter. >;o Of Coarse, she meets Sakeri first, and OF COARSE she doesn't know how to classify him. So cliche!~ Anyway, I hope you continue you're little adventure through this story... Thanks.

                            - El.



© 2010 Ellary™


Author's Note

Ellary™
O:
:O

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

260 Views
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on April 16, 2010
Last Updated on April 16, 2010
Tags: Briley, Sakeri, Duke, Lin, Takaratzi, tac, For Future Reference


Author

Ellary™
Ellary™

WI



About
Hi I'm ELLARY and I L O V E writing! more..

Writing
The Cure The Cure

A Story by Ellary™


Chapter One Chapter One

A Chapter by Ellary™