Metamorphosis

Metamorphosis

A Poem by Emily B
"

a silly poem about poetry woke up as this one day. some of the words are mine. some I can't claim.

"

Poetry is a place

outside
under blue skies

breezes trickle by
clouds wink
hills look on

 

Poetry is a place

where I am more than the chains

that tie me to my desk

during lunch
I'll slip them off with my shoes

arrive barefoot
and free


 

© 2009 Emily B


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

That simple metamorphosis can sometimes keep us sane. It sounds so simple but isn't always that easy. We make our escapes as we're able to and reap the bennies from it. This is a delightful reminder Emily, and you often give me the little reminders I need and I'm so thankful for you.

Posted 16 Years Ago


6 of 6 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

How many times I wanted to do just that in my 20's and 30's. My only respite was lunch in the park. This is a small and powerful verse. Thanks for sharing.

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

i always love when you allow your words to speak so strongly as hey leap from the page and paint such vivid scene in my mind's eye. The depth in which you dwell and pull your emotional visions is something I love to read. You are always such a pleasure to read and allow to take my thoughts to places deep with inside my own self.


Great Job!!!!!

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Emily Burns, you ol' poetic enchantress you.



Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Brava!!! Fabulous work. your words really come alive on the page. It is really happy self confident work. I look forward to reading more. Many cheers.

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
AK
You are one of two folks I know who use variations of "bare feet" to describe their absolute inner self. You both developed and use the phrase independently, for each of you it is your own. The reason I mention this is because that single phrase is the most complete and perfect way to capture the specific idea of one's "self" that I have ever read. That phrase, used in that context is, to me, absolute genius.
Oh... the rest of this poem ain't bad either : >)
Brilliant writing goeth here!



Posted 16 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Nothing is better than bare feet! I love your ways of describing things, they always open my eyes to something beautiful that I hadn't seen before.

Posted 16 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Has a cummings look and feel to it. Appropriately bright and breezy. Nice little piece of work.

Posted 16 Years Ago


3 of 3 people found this review constructive.

It really is quite amazing how a collection of simple words could be made into such a powerful force if put together in the right manner.

I also agree with you. I think that Poetry is the oldest language there is because it is, at its purest form, an interpretation of feeling. It gives you freedom from the emotional baggage that you may or may not understand completely. It, I think, is the mother of all languages.

And we are the luckiest kind of people in the world. We have the best religion and the best crowd.

Posted 16 Years Ago


3 of 3 people found this review constructive.

It sounds like a lovely place. You illustrate the picture well through your use of language and word choice. The only suggestion I'd make is to perhaps use punctuation at certain line breaks, if only as a means to tell the reader when to pause or stop. Anyway, I enjoyed this. Keep up the good work.

Posted 16 Years Ago


3 of 3 people found this review constructive.

ohh!! This is such a beautiful piece..
Its all about "writing" and this piece like acted like a sort of refreshment for me...
And that's the reason why we write...
Though I mostly writes at night.
lolz. :D

But overall...just like any of your other piece....this one's also AWESOME :)

Posted 16 Years Ago


3 of 3 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1843 Views
55 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 2 Libraries
Added on March 13, 2008
Last Updated on August 20, 2009


Author

Emily B
Emily B

Richmond, KY



About
to the Lost Boys I am no Wendy; but my voice brings you back to me. And you sit around my feet, anxious for a story or a kiss. Listening to my words spinning adventures, like so much g.. more..

Writing
Old bones Old bones

A Poem by Emily B


Memories Memories

A Poem by Emily B



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


The Poet The Poet

A Chapter by Emily B


Time Time

A Poem by Rain