Chapter 2- Montreal

Chapter 2- Montreal

A Chapter by EmilySix

Emilia's POV:


I was sitting at my desk at the office I worked at in Montreal, Quebec, Canada. I was an intern for a fashion designer. I have been there for about a year now. I am being treated like a dog and I am only eighteen.

This office I was at was huge! Big enough for the witch, basically. They had people running around like chickens with their heads cut off. They had to do every little thing she asked for. Me? Well, I did more than they did. I even had to groom her rat she calls a dog.

The room that my desk was in, and everybody else's, was very boring and had very little color. Here and there you could see some, but not much. At least we were able to decorate our desks. That was really the only life that room had.

In Marie Moreau's office, the witch, they had color everywhere. It was like a rainbow exploded. There were also manikins with her clothing line, La Redoute on it. Then, there is this mural of her rat in a king's wardrobe. That rat was too spoiled.

I was sitting at my desk scheduling show appointments for Marie when she buzzed me to go into her office. I had to bring that day planner she has. I am the one that always as to keep track of it. She doesn't keep track of or write anything unless she is signing something.

I grabbed the planner and walked to her door and knocked. I proceeded inward and shut the door behind me. I walked up to her desk and waited for her to speak. “Planner.” Marie said as she snapped her finger and pointed to the top of her black marble desk. I set her black and pink day planner on the desk. “Sit.” Marie said. I sat down on the chair.

As I was sitting in her office, I was examining it. Every little thing had its own place. Even dust had its own place. She was very anal about how her room was. If you just accidentally hit something, she will spend three hours fixing it until it is perfect.

Out of the corner of my eye, I noticed that horrid mural of Shakespeare, that rat. That dog never liked me. I never liked it. It shook to much and it was hairless. I felt so sorry for that Chihuahua. That poor dog was actually a girl.

I looked at Marie as she looked at me from her day planner. “I see I am booked this weekend with everything.” She said as she handed me the day planner back to me. “But, this isn't the only thing I have called you in here for.”

“Do you know why I have called you in here?” Marie asked. I just shook my head. All she did was stare at me with her deep green eyes. It was like they saw right through me. “I have been noticing a change in your behavior for the past three months.” She said as she sipped her starbucks frappachino.

“Emilia, you have been depressed for the past few months, basically. Why is that?” She said as she sat down her coffee. Well, lets see. I have been running around like a lab rat! “Sorry, I have just been home sick and with everything going on for your new spring collection coming out.” I said. “Well, your “sickness” has brought your look and my look down. I mean, look at what you are wearing and your hair. When my employees look bad, I look bad.”

First off, my look is okay. There is nothing wrong with me wearing a knee-length white sun dress with a short black blazer and black satin pumps. And, my hair is just fine! So what if it is pulled back in a half pony tail with my bangs to the side. This is coming from a woman who wears a bird on her head. When I say bird, I mean that spiky hair of hers.

“Oh, well, I am sorry if my attire has brought you down.” I said looking at her. “Ill be sure to dress nicer tomorrow.” “Oh, you will not be coming in tomorrow.” She said as she typed on her computer. That woman better not be firing me. “What do you mean?” I asked as my light blue-green eyes filled with fear. “Well, since you have been down for a few months, you should take a vacation.” Marie said. “Are you sure? Who is going to groom Shakespeare? Who is going to take control of your day planner?” I said as I looked at the rat lying in its bed. “Don't worry, Carols will do it. Take the rest of the day off.”

I nodded my head. “How long is my vacation?” I asked her. “well, you need to refresh. So, take a month off.” Marie said. My eyes got big. Now she wants to be nice? I nodded again and stood up. As I did, Shakespeare growled and barked at me. I hissed at him, and or her, and he began to shake and he backed off. Shaky little b*****d.

This is great! I don't have to see that shaky rat for a month! I thought as I walked out of her office and went to my desk. I grabbed all of my things and walked passed Carlos and dropped the day planner in his hands. “Have fun!” I said as I walked out of the office and onto the side walk.



© 2010 EmilySix


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

177 Views
Added on November 23, 2010
Last Updated on November 29, 2010


Author

EmilySix
EmilySix

About
Hello. Im Emily. Im 15. i had to make a new writers cafe' because my old one doesn't want to let me log in for some reason. it justs want to be a total d********g. my favorite band is Black Veil Bride.. more..

Writing
Chapter 1- Intro Chapter 1- Intro

A Chapter by EmilySix